Dust: An Elysian Tail

Just see a terrible, awful film? Warn us! Want to promote something quality in the mainstream? Here is the place to discuss music, movies, TV, comics, books - the good, the bad, the abominable. Review away!

Re: Dust: An Elysian Tail

Postby Oseirus on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:47 pm

As of my most recent save file, I'm 113%. I have everything except for the 1,000-hit Combo Quest (which might be impossible now- Figet alone does 1300+ damage per tick of her regular attack) and 4-starring all the Challenge rooms. I think I'm level 49, no clue what the cap is or if it even exists.

Mild Spoilers Ahead

You're probably going to get frustrated like I did trying to get the 100% exploration/treasures in each area. There's secret rooms that aren't connected to the rest of the map, you just have to look really carefully for the entrances. The random little notes you pick up are vague, but helpful if you can figure out what they're talking about, and usually lead you to a Friend Cage.

Also, you won't be able to fully explore every area until you get the Wind Jump ability towards the very end of the game, so don't fret too much if you're having trouble reaching a particular treasure or room.
Oseirus

Postby Thegunner18 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Wow, level 49? I'm only 17. And I thought that was pretty high :P I've got 55% completion at the moment which is pretty decent considering I've only had it for a day. Still, I won't be done with the game until I get every single treasure and explore every single room ^^

But I'm glad that you told me I won't be able to get everything until I get that skill, too. That's just saved me a lot of irritation!
Thegunner18

Postby Oseirus on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Yeah, it's almost stupid how powerful you become later. You need it though, cause some of the baddies you fight (especially the last boss) hit like trucks, and have an incredible amount of health.

That said, it is incredibly satisfying to go back to earlier parts of the game and see how much death you can deal in a few seconds. Especially in the Sorrowing Meadow. As painful as that area was, nothing feels better than going back and laying waste to everything you see.
Oseirus

Postby Thegunner18 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:21 am

For the 1000 hit combo, buy the ugly pendant which decreases your power so that you don't kill everything so quickly :3 (Unless you've already tried that). I actually managed to get around about a 2500 hit combo in the Sorrowing Meadows. O_o Fidget's lightning attack is great for getting those combos. :)

I think it's a shame that the game was only on the Xbox dashboard frontpage for a few days; it deserves so much more praise and appreciation. Thanks for bringing my attention to this, Os. You have just single-handedly made my social life even smaller by making this thread ;) And I'm glad you did it :P
Thegunner18

Postby Frostbyte on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:07 pm

YES! This game is great for anyone into 2D hack and slash Metroidvanias and one of my favorites in recent times to come out on XBLA.
Frostbyte

---------

Previous

Return to Culture clash