Dual Universe Characters?

Every human has their own unique persona in the DreamWorld - and, frequently, online! Come mingle with the colorful cast, and introduce your own character to the mix.

Dual Universe Characters?

Postby LollipopArcana on Sun May 13, 2012 2:42 am

Alright, so I've been ruminating over the substantial difficulty presented to me by the creation of a personal Dreamkeeper, because I honestly have so many conflicting traits (DPD is a wonderful many-coloured thing is it not) that it's almost impossible to form a single coherent character that embodies everything and won't confuse the bajeezus outta everyone who interacts with them (trust me, you will have a hard enough time with me.)
I may have stumbled upon a solution to this problem: Two dreamkeepers (or rather the same individual twice over, with different personalities) showcasing the good and the bad. Of course they wouldn't "exist" in the same space or interact with each other, it would be more like a two-paths kind of deal. Like, this is what happens when you make one choice, this is what happens when you make the other.
Does this sound stupid and conceited? Should I just try and cram all of my traits into one character? Because with my own personal history I can honestly say it'd be a fifty-fifty chance of her being a Dark Dreamkeeper.....
LollipopArcana

Re: Dual Universe Characters?

Postby Twilight on Sun May 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Well, all your traits and such fit withing one person, you, right? So by default, yes, it should all go into the Dreamkeeper. However, here's an interesting thought. What if you DO have those two different facets to the character, and their power is to switch them in and out of existence? It allows you to create the two, and still follow the rules of the Dreamworld.... AND it's a power I have not yet seen.. like...anywhere xD
Twilight

Postby Wolfcape on Sun May 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Damn thats genious, Twilight! You'd get a whole Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde sorta thing! One inclined to the darkness while the other stays in the light...

Don't let me write your story.
Wolfcape

Postby LollipopArcana on Sun May 13, 2012 6:18 pm

....that would actually kinda mimic the way I work better, I think. Although that is still gonna be hella confusing (and isn't it a little like Wisp's talent? Wisp acts like she's either schizo or has DPD) for other characters.
And would make her a double agent. And more likely for everyone to want to kill her rather than just one side at a time.
....why is this complicated it shouldn't be complicated.... :|
LollipopArcana

Postby Twilight on Sun May 13, 2012 6:26 pm

It isn't XD You're willing it to be so! lol. Wisp's power has nothing to do with that XD
Twilight

Postby LollipopArcana on Mon May 14, 2012 2:07 am

Wisp's power seems to be the ability to project other "selves"... Or am I completely off base? They all seem to have different personalities.
Arrrgh to heck with it. No Dreamkeeper for me lol. It's not like I even have the time to do anything with it anyway! Thanks anyway lords and ladies. :D
LollipopArcana

Postby Twilight on Mon May 14, 2012 2:40 am

I.... wow I haven't thought about Wisp in so long I forgot the details of her power... It is NOT to just spawn other versions of herself though. That's just one of the things her power allows her to do, along with flying, phasing through objects and if I'm not mistaken, becoming see-through.
Twilight

Postby LollipopArcana on Mon May 14, 2012 11:05 am

Isn't the flying one of those things that she just happens to be able to do? And she has wings, so I think that might be inborn. I think Wisp's skills are a bit multilayered but rooted in whatever mental thing she's got going on. Girl is kooky.
LollipopArcana

Postby Twilight on Mon May 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Nope, you never really see her flying without her halo. It's definitely part of her power.
Twilight

Postby Mr Aerospace on Tue May 15, 2012 7:18 am

From memory, Wisp's power has got to do with shifting her mass around. When she splits up, she is all wispy, so I'd say she just divides her mass up between her "parts". I also recall something about being able to concentrate the mass in certain places like her claws, as seen when she starts tearing into Namah.
As for the wings, they'd be as much use for flying as a penguin's! I'd guess they'd aid the steering somewhat, but little else.

Back on topic though, I admit I'm usually one of the first to dismiss Jekyll and Hyde derivatives as clichéd, but the double agent thing is an intriguing twist. I'd love to see that develop into something functional. (As mentioned, being murdered by either side is a pretty large possibility)
Mr Aerospace

---------

Next

Return to Character cafe'