Dreamkeepers TAG (Talented & Gifted) School [ON HIATUS]

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: Dreamkeepers TAG (Talented & Gifted) School [PRIVATE RP]

Postby Ookamisuke on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:51 pm

The tunnel was just that. A tunnel. Since the students didn't light the torches, nothing bad befell them. However, there was a pressure plate directly in front of them that, if stepped on, would open a trapdoor, leading down to what would appear to be a cage, only with an ornately cushioned floor, and a large fresh water basin, with cold, clear, fresh water.
If the pressure plate was avoided, there would be a door at the end of the hall, also ornately decorated, but with yet another data scroll on it.

The Master of Air smiled, and stood up. When he did, there came a slow rumbling all throughout the underground tunnels, bits of dirt and stuff coming from the ceiling. The locations it seemed to come from came from directly underneath the floating dorms. His halo faded from view, and he stepped closer. "Mister Silvak...come from the school, seeking the Mistress." He chuckled to himself. "I'm sorry, but you've come the wrong way." He gestured to a door behind him. "However, you may be able to rejoin your friends, if you go through this door. However. A little test first, if you will." The Master of air's halo returned, and whirlwinds of current enveloped his body. "Either way, I let you through." He walked over to the wall, and plucked out a strawberry from a safe. "But you win, you get this delicious strawberry. Daresay you might need it for what's ahead." The Master of Air held the strawberry in the palm of his hand. "All you must do...is get the strawberry from my hand. Use any means you wish to use, short of killing or severing of limbs."
Ookamisuke

Postby Halo's shadow on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:50 pm

But I do killing sooo well...

Silvak thought for a moment,

"You want me to take part in this puzzle with absolutely no explanation. I suppose I can oblige."

Silvak thought. The old keeper looked not very in shape, but looks could be deceiving. He then had a idea,

"May I have the strawberry please Mr..?" He left the last part hanging to possibly get a proper name.
Halo's shadow

Postby Avolendi on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 am

Avolendi slowly walked forward, guiding and being guided by the others. With the light of his halo combined with the frivolous light of his orb lighting the way they could make out several torches along the side. A curious presence considering Frill had told them they'd need their halo's light to continue and it would undoubtedly be some kind of trick consider Frill. Especially since they'd be dealing with fire...

Thus ignoring the torches they continued forward, looking around for any clues. Unaware of the danger ahead they moved closer to a pressure plate. Maybe if it was painted bright red they'd be able to see it, but if it was as dim as the rest of the hall they'd have to rely on their luck not to step on it.
Avolendi

Postby Ookamisuke on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:38 pm

The group of students in the hallway managed to avoid the pressure plate. As soon as the last student passed by it, the data scroll fizzled to life. Frill's face appeared, looking a bit surprised. "Well, now. It seems you have avoided that little trap of mine. You are almost through all of this. One last challenge for all of you, and I do believe that Mister Silvak is in the process of solving it as we speak. Once it is solved, this door will open, and your prize awaits on the other side." She smiled, and saluted. The data scroll fizzled out . Behind them, the pressure plate slowly sunk back into the stone floor, the trap deactivated.

Meanwhile, the Air Master chuckled, shaking his head. "Why does she have to train the smart ones. Just once I'd like someone to try fighting me." The air currents stopped, and he stepped forward, depositing the strawberry in his paw. "You eat it." He said, going to the door behind him, and opening it. A wave of mild heat spread into the room. The Air Master bowed low. "You may just continue calling me The Air Master." He placed a paw gently on Silvak's back, and guided him to the door. "Make sure to eat all the strawberry. Leaves too. You do want to successfully find Miss Frilfr, and not get burned by her fire, do you? Whoops....I might have said too much." He sighed. "Good luck."
Ookamisuke

Postby Halo's shadow on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:14 pm

Silvak studied the strawberry and sniffed it.
Their's is not to ask why, but to do or die.

He gulped the whole thing down in one bite. (omnomnomnom) He nodded in respect to this, 'Master of air', and headed through the doorway, mentally remembering the route he took to find the strange keeper. If it wasn't a confusing time, Silvak would have more questions.
Halo's shadow

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Arcanas wonders around the basement level. Hoping he would find one of the students. As he enters one of the room, he found a huge metal door. He walks up to it and taps it. "Hm.... solid as a rock. Wonder what's on the other side?"
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Ookamisuke on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Both doors to the cavern opened up, and a blast of mild heat escaped from both doors. Before any student saw anything, a voice rang out from the center, a voice that sounded very similar to Frilfr's voice, only more masculine. "What are you doing here." The voice quickly cleared its throat, and a female's voice rang out; this time it was Frilfr's. A blast of fire emanated from the center, spreading out to light each and every torch. Once the room lit up completely, Frilfr was standing there, looking much the worse for wear. "Sorry about that, had a frog caught in my throat," She said, stepping towards the larger group of students first. Her attire wasn't what it normally was: Loose-fitting and flowing. It was a simple pair of blue jeans and a t-shirt, bearing a wolf's head on the back right shoulder, and a large wolf's head on the front. "Why did you come looking for me? I swear, I leave the school for a few days to take care of important business, and you all come looking for me like the school's coming down upon itself!" She said, as if in jest.

If anyone were paying close attention, they might notice that Frilfr's body temperature was slowly rising, and occasional very thin trails of smoke were beginning to pour from her body. What was she doing down here, all by herself, and buried so far underground?
Ookamisuke

Postby Halo's shadow on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:10 am

The heat stunned Silvak for a moment. It wasn't what he was expecting after being cool in that windy room. He concentrated and a lout blue halo appeared, cooling the immediate area around him by roughly ten degrees.

He silently padded into the room, noting that the group from earlier had arrived from a different door. He moved about the room so that the 'headmistress' was between him and the larger group. He could sense something was off. The heat from the room was not natural, something had caused it. Taking a step forward, he noticed that the heat increased. His eyes snapped to Frill and he studied 'her' with a hunter's scrutiny.

Smoke. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

He listened intently to 'her' chiding and subsequent excuse. He piped up from behind her,
"I may nit be familiar with your society, but it was to my belief that important business usually wasn't conducted alone in an underground heat vent."

He didn't want to let on about his suspicions. The 'master of wind' was still fresh on his mind, and the strawberry.
What is the significance of that?
He wondered.
Halo's shadow

Postby Avolendi on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:55 pm

With the door opened, Avolendi stopped using his power and looked around wearily. After squinting for some time to get used to the bright light he could see Frill.

Then he linked the voices. One person in the room. It had sounded quite different from Frills normal voice. That would mean... He thought back to some of the recent events and how she sometimes had acted very odd. Guess that would answers some things.

He then lifted his shoulders and stepped inside. Frill seemed to be wearing rather casual clothes and .. What the hell? There were small trails of smoke coming off her. Focussing back on what she said, he was slightly irritated. She should've at least felt that shock?

After waiting for Frill to answer Silvak, Avolendi decided to speak up and clearify the situation. "Pardon us, miss Frill." He said in a somewhat sarcastic and excessively polite tone of voice, considering the source of their trouble had come from this very underground complex and he didn't like the way she made it sound like they screwed something up. So he decided to just drop the news right in her face. "It seemed like a nightmare escaped from somewhere down here. It immolated your office and so far we haven't seen it again."
Avolendi

Postby Ookamisuke on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Frill eyed the group, and sighed. "I am more than aware of the Nightmare that has immolated my office, but I am in no fit state to take care of the problem right now." She said, the smoke beginning to *really* pour off of her body right now. "See, my power has peaked. I need to vent it off. She stood back from the group, tiny flames appearing from over her body. "It's been..far..too...long..." She managed to struggle out, before she collapsed to her knees, and a sudden explosion of fire enveloped her body, the heat wave and concussion blast possibly knocking the students to the floor...all except Silvak, oddly enough!

"Get. Out. Now." Frill said, seeming to be in quite a bit of pain. "If you must help, get me strawberries." Overhead, a data scroll fizzled to life, showing a small fan blade, beginning to whir. It let out a small voice, "Beginning feeding of school heating system." And the whir of fans could be heard kicking on.
Ookamisuke

---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...