Dreamkeepers TAG (Talented & Gifted) School [ON HIATUS]

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: Dreamkeepers TAG (Talented & Gifted) School [PRIVATE RP]

Postby Ookamisuke on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:14 am

Frilfr's visage frowned, and she shook her head. "I'm sorry, but that is not the answer. It is, however, extremely close to what I had in mind. Oxygen. You can live without the amalgamation of elements in the air, so long as you have Oxygen.
Since you got such a close answer, I'll give you a simpler one.

I am the jewel that is the river Nile.
Without me, time is nevermore.
With heat, I will turn to glass.
What am I?

Frilfr smiled a bit evilly, and added as an afterthought, "I've ran a scan on your voice, intruder, and I think you deserve a sporting chance. Should you fail this question, I'll let loose a relatively harmless Nightmare into the room. Oh, just one note. Don't feed it strawberries. Especially after midnight." She chuckled, and saluted with two fingers, before the scroll fizzled back to her bored, patient visage. This time, though, she was filing her claws.
Ookamisuke

Postby MandyHabato on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:45 am

Artemees glared at Avolendi for a minute. Just great. After a minute, to be sure that they were good and to quickly find the answer, she practically shouted at him. "Bloody hell, man! What's up with you? It was simple! As is this one." She turned to the data-scroll, still miffed quite a bit. She knew that this would get her a argument latter, but oh well.

"I'm sure enough and armed enough to say the answer to that riddle is 'sand'. If I'm wrong, then I deserve to take on whatever nightmare myself."

She stood at the ready with her gun up, loaded, and dangerous. At least she might be able to kill something.
MandyHabato

Postby Klona on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:08 pm

“No.” Artan’s response was firm and resolute. “Either we stand together and fight, or we die alone.” His face had hardened as he walked toward Artemees, “I hope you’re right about this.” His response was just loud enough for her to hear. The four of them would have to act as one to defeat whatever would be unleashed upon them.
Klona

Postby Avolendi on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:43 pm

After recovering from the surprise of have his idea interpreted as the answer, Art had already answered the next riddle and was obviously pissed off at having had her chance taken from her.

Rather than thinking about her answer, Avolendi was glad to see she at least vented her anger and it wasn't on him. She seemed to be carrying a variety of guns with her.

Next Artan gave a piece of his mind.
“No. Either we stand together and fight, or we die alone.”

"I agree with Artan. We'll just kick its *** and use its face to pry open that door!"

He looked at the datascroll where Frill was about to announce whether the answer was correct.
Why secures a sauna filled with strawberries with riddles first and then a nightmare? Maybe we should start being a bit more worried about her 'teaching' methods as well...
Avolendi

Postby Ookamisuke on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:14 am

Frill's face broke out into a smile, and she gestured with her paws. A click sounded from behind the door, and it opened, slightly. "That, is correct. Sand turns to glass with heat. Sand also is what is aplenty in the River Ni'Le, and with no sand, the hourglass can not turn. You may pass." The data scroll shorted out, and went black, seeming to have somehow lost power. If the students venture down the hall, they'd find it to be a long, dark hallway. Torch sconces lined the walls. If only they had Frilfr, they could light 'em all at once...But what would happen then? What would happen when all are lit nearly simultaneously? Nothing bad could happen if they do it one at a time, right?

For the keeper who went into the other room, he'd see a very old dreamkeeper sitting Indian style, floating on a small twirling current of air. "Someone has come to visit? The Master of Air never gets visitors...To what do I owe the honor?" He turned to look at the intruder, gesturing with a finger towards him. The door shut behind him. "If you mean to attack and escape, intruder, you will find the entrance to this room unable to open. So why have you come." If Silvak had "Danger Sense" it might be going off right now. Who would refer to themselvs as 'The Master of Air'?
Ookamisuke

Postby Avolendi on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:29 am

Pfew. At least no nightmares to deal with. I suppose it's on the next stage of this weird maze then.

Looking at the data scroll some more before leaving it alone, it appeared Frill had make sure it couldn't be used as a source of light in the corridor. Which for some reason had torches where Frill said they'd require the light of their halo's to find the way. Guess that means it's bad news if you light them. Maybe they'll be some stereotypical bolder that'll come crashing like in this stories about hidden treasures in the Starfall Mountains.

"With Frill's advice about needing our halo's for light I really trust lighting those torches. Not that I have something to light them with anyway. As for using our powers, I recently found something that might help, though if I do I can't really pay attention to what's in front of me as it takes a lot of concentration. I do think it'll give a bit more light than just our halo's."
Avolendi

Postby Halo's shadow on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:56 am

Silvak was not exactly pleased with his situation at the moment. The 'Master of Air' had sealed what seemed to be his only exit. But he remained calm and then bowed slightly as was respectful ti one in obvious power,
"You owe the honor to curiosity, and to Silvakian Vladmirkof Bloodshaw. Tell me, 'Master of Air', why do you think I have come?"

Silvak did not inflect his voice, nor did he display arrogant sarcasm. He simply showed the old dreamkeeper respect as was due to one of his apparent power. This was not to be mistaken as complacency though, Silvak would just as easily chat with the keeper as gun him down if he was a danger.
Halo's shadow

Postby Klona on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Artan lowered his guard as the threat of imminent attack vanished. After peering down the passage, Avolendi's suggestion seemed to be the best course of action. "Since it seems that none of us can light those torches, go ahead Avolendi." Once the others were prepared to move ahead, Artan took one last look around the room and stepped into the corridor.
Klona

Postby MandyHabato on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Artemees was digging in her pockets. "Wait, hold on, I might have something..." She brought out some spherical widget, a small circle connecting it to a string. She pushed a button on it and it promptly shot out sparks and something clicked the wrong way inside as she held it out away from her.

"Well, never mind." She muttered, tossing the ball over her shoulder with an annoyed grunt. If it didn't work, why keep it in her pockets taking up space at a time like this? Especially if it shot sparks. "I figured that wouldn't work, it was only the prototype."

She gestured on into the tunnel. "You're up, man."
MandyHabato

Postby Avolendi on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:13 am

After waiting for a bit to see if the weird contraption Artemees had thrown was really dead, Avolendi stepped into the corridor. "If it works, just tell me when to walk or stop. From what I felt before, I should be able to keep this up for a while."

He took a deep breath. Alright, I got to find that feeling I had went I was in the MD room and just let to flow in between my hand. Activating his power, there was the faint glow of his halo. His hands slowly began to glow. Breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out. Focus on containing it and just let it flow. After about a minute, his halo started to glow slightly stronger and minor distortions appeared in between his hands. Stay calm, just relax, breath in, breath out.

Just as the others started to wonder when this was going to bear any fruit, Av's halo glowed brighter and the vague forms started to form into short slivers of light. Concentrating some more, the slivers became for frequent untill the orb between his hands gave off a steady if somewhat fluctuating light, now stronger than what his halo might give should it be lit brightly. For now it was still only shining half bright.

Nodding to the other, Avolendi slowly started walking. He felt a sweat drop trickle down his neck. Pfff. Doing this while walking is going to be harder on my concentration then on my endurance. While walking the swirls fluctuated more, though he managed to maintain them.
Avolendi

---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...