Dreamkeepers Prelude Dub [Recruiting!]

Help Dreamkeepers grow! Share your promotional ideas, or collaborate with other readers.

Re: Dreamkeepers Prelude Animation [Recruiting!]

Postby Suraru on Wed May 25, 2011 9:33 pm

it seems i did not post my last post clearly, (< didnt mean to sound like an *** there)

im not choosing, its first come first serve, and if any conflicts come up, ill post the voices and set up a poll

and i understand its not my project, all im doing is organizing it and doing one voice, everyone else is doing all the work, theyll get the credit (as posted earlier, i wont be in the credits unless i voiced or animated)

and im not making any decisions, if i do have to decide something, ill inform the group and let them talk about it, once most of the group (as in like +90% or something like that) decide on one thing to do, ill assist and organize to help get it done.

if anyone else wants bobby, ill post my voice and theirs, and let the poll do the talking

i really hate sounding like an *** and arguing, especially with an moderator, but i really hate repeating myself, especially when its written above in past posts,
under normal circumstances that your have been flamming me on every post i make in a forum (NOT SAYING YOU ARE) i would say mean things, like learn how to read, bla bla bla"

but i have more respect for you because you are a moderator and your more intelligent then most of people i argue against, lol, but you get my point right?

----------------------------

@Reed, how do you upload/post audio files lol
is there a imageshack like thing i can use?
Suraru

Postby Twilight on Wed May 25, 2011 9:40 pm

I get the point, don't worry. I'm just throwing cautionary warnings just in case. Like I said, I've seen dozens of these kinds of projects go down over really silly crap.
Twilight

Postby Reed R Gale on Wed May 25, 2011 9:52 pm

I meant someone posted it online, like youtube, then you put their link next to their name, and their name under the character they're applying for.

EDIT: Speaking of the project, my audition for Mace is just about done. I'll post it when possible.
Reed R Gale

Postby Reed R Gale on Wed May 25, 2011 10:10 pm

That's my audition. One for Mace, maybe even Whip, but I don't really think I can do his voice.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't stand the crackilynesssssss, I need to work on my mic skills. Still it isn't 100% noticeable. 2 hours of work really paid off in my opinion.

On another note, I'd like to hear the man who wants to play Bobby speak his voice to the public :D
Reed R Gale

Postby Suraru on Wed May 25, 2011 10:22 pm

like the waves lol

and once i get my comp up and running, ill post it lol

we need a name for the youtube channel :-/

im thinking PreLude Animations, but its a community account so maybe

DK Communities?

ill share the pass with those who i trust, and are doing stuff, right now that means your active in the forums lol
Suraru

Re: Dreamkeepers Prelude Dub [Recruiting!]

Postby Avolendi on Mon May 30, 2011 3:10 pm

Because I didn't really have time for this I skipped it before. When it´s decided how and what I could try make some samples or I can help think of stuff, but not any actual organizing or other time consuming stuff. For now I´d like to give my thoughts on the current subject.

Set basic sentences for all character you want voice samples of. This way people have a goal and it's easier to compare. Might just be an unrelated sentence just to test how it sounds if the present sentences are too short to use as sample material, as long as it's one per character (to keep it simple).

Then let everyone do voices for the characters they want (preferably just all, but a sample is useless if someone doesn't want the role) and then compare and vote who is best for which role.
Maybe also an option to give send in a sample and then a potential character is chosen by vote (if someone doesn't know who, if any, character his/her voice is suited for).
Avolendi

Postby Suraru on Mon May 30, 2011 4:25 pm

That's a good idea, if everyone is willing to do it, LOL

Once I get my power cord (amazon messed up so I had to reorder, expect it 6/2/11) we can really start doing stuff
Suraru

Postby UberUrsa on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:09 pm

I would throw my hat in the ring, but I don't know the first thing about recording sounds, same kinda goes for voice acting, but that's a bit more...intuitive.
UberUrsa

Postby Suraru on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:21 am

UberUrsa wrote:I would throw my hat in the ring, but I don't know the first thing about recording sounds, same kinda goes for voice acting, but that's a bit more...intuitive.

well if you have a mic you can easily do it with freeware via google (ts3 and skype can record i think)

and for acting all you have to do is act normal, pretend like your actually there talking to the characters, you may have to change your voice in some situations.

now in drama or a scene which requires emotion, that is more complicated and not to many people can do it correctly and sell it.

also when recording your voice, do it in a echoless room with as little sound as possible (best when other people are away, also you dont look stupid =P), i do it in the bathroom, its blocks most sound, and has little echo, also make sure you do it a few times, and pick which one sounds the best, i normally do it at least 3 times, or when i think it sounds good.

thats voice acting in a nutshell, for real lessons, just practice, i took a class and thats really all that happened, we learned the above, then practiced (and feedback from the teacher is also good if you want to actually take a class)

when ever i decide to get off my lazy bum and stop playing minecraft ill do it, and post mine. i might just do liliths crush instead, i looked over bobbys lines and i imagine he has a higher pitched voice, but right there, I imagine, voices are really flexible, grunn could have squeaky voice, and vi could sound like a full grown man... ya

i might do mine tomorrow if im not job hunting, but right now its 12:21am, night
Suraru

Postby Suraru on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:19 pm

i finally did my audition, please give me all your feedback, i just did it so i didnt have my acting face on, but i did do a little editing to cut out feed back and few acting messups (like awkward pauses, me doing the midget voices, etc)

ill have it posted in a bit, i know your all dieing to hear my sexy voice play bobby :D

[edit]
grrr you cant audio swap your own files D:<
Suraru

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Volunteer Army