Dreamkeepers Prelude Dub [Recruiting!]

Help Dreamkeepers grow! Share your promotional ideas, or collaborate with other readers.

Dreamkeepers Prelude Dub [Recruiting!]

Postby Suraru on Tue May 24, 2011 9:12 pm

yes i made another one so i can better organize who is going to be doing what.

ill be doing the moderation and organization, but i need actors for prelude characters

if you can voice act, post a youtube video, post it here, and include a pic of the strip your acting from. You can choose whoever you want, the names below are not set in stone, if the public thinks your voice is better for the role, you could get the spot instead of so-so

so far we have actors for:
Bobby (Suraru)

We also need an animator!

once we get an animator and more then 1 voice actor, ill make a youtube channel.
for discussing the fandub, please post in Reed R Gale's thread in the same topic, for recruiting details or questions about your task (if your part of this) use this thread.

Ill just make a playlist for the videos, even better idea?
Because making a channel got to difficult thanks to yahoo and youtube being stupid. if you can create a channel please do so, but remember not to use your personal email.

WHY A COMMUNITY THING?
because this way we dont have to post group efforts unto one persons channel, this solves many problems that you can think of by yourself :)
but eventually i guess well loose control of it and itll be A. a hacked channel for some a**wipe, or B. a channel people will post crap or once in a while good stuff on.
Last edited by Suraru on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
Suraru

Re: Dreamkeepers Prelude Animation [Recruiting!]

Postby Suraru on Tue May 24, 2011 9:13 pm

lol i said recruiting
Suraru

Postby Reed R Gale on Tue May 24, 2011 9:22 pm

Well then... I'll try and find a character that would suit my fancy and produce a sample audio file.

Reed R Gale, out.
Reed R Gale

Postby Vescott on Wed May 25, 2011 12:04 am

WhiteinBlacks Father has a private recording studio so I will go talk to him about him and I trying some voices. Its worth a try and this way we can kinda screen each other before submitting anything. =b
Vescott

Postby Suraru on Wed May 25, 2011 10:11 am

That would be cool... If it was for free... Or if we all could get over there... Were kinda diverse...

BUT
What he could give are more tips, what I do for voice acting is...
Have a good mic
Don't give the mic a BJ
Don't have the mic to far away
Make sure no one is around
Do it in a quiet place with no echo, like your bathroom or a small basement (with carpet).
Don't BJ the mic
Make sure its in a quiet place
Don't BJ the mic, keep your distance from it
Don't BJ the mic, people send me files of hdhdhjhshghde v wyhetgdghshd gfgsghhfvbs all the time, its effing annoying...

Make sure you sound good before you send me your voice note, if you don't, fix it, if you can't, ill try to fix it with my 1337 eidoting skilz! (Aka sending a fwd to my bro telling him to fix :D ), but warn me what's wrong with it in the email, please
Suraru

Postby Reed R Gale on Wed May 25, 2011 8:00 pm

This may be my personal opinion, BUT I think that you shouldn't be the sole chooser of the voice acting. I believe that we all should post it somewhere public so that everyone can judge what voice is their favorite. Only my personal opinion

Reed R Gale, out.
Reed R Gale

Postby Twilight on Wed May 25, 2011 8:17 pm

While I have no intention of participating in this project, my first instinct was to say what Reed already put up. A collaborative fan project shouldn't be done to one person's preference unless everyone agrees for said person to be the final choice maker. Especially when none of you have any sort of professional experience with this type of stuff.

The voices should be collectively agreed upon by everyone, this will avoid certain. . HORRIBLE things like the end result sounding like Anime. . . that'd be a terrible fate for dreamkeepers ><

Anyway, just tossing that in, you might need it. Simply calling the leader role could be what ultimately sets off some kind of mutiny effort. Just saying ^^;
Twilight

Postby Suraru on Wed May 25, 2011 8:52 pm

[EDIT]
basically its im not choosing, its first come first server, and if any conflicts come up, ill find a way to post the voices and set up a poll

That's why I generally dislike being a leader lol, but if the voice note is audible, I was going to post it, regardless if I like it or not,
and if there was a conflict with who gets what character I would post the voice notes somewhere somehow, and put up a poll

Once that's done and all the characters have voices I would (get help to) make a quick video introducing all the characters voices, and gather feedback.

So basically I'm not picking voices, my "leadership" position is just to organize, and decisions will be made by the group, I'm good at keeping neutrality during conflicts, all I do is organize to carry through the goals we will set as a team to get this fandub done.

Lol looking back at that I seem just a little... Hehehe how do I put it without cussing on the forums, cheesy maybe? Lol
Suraru

Postby Reed R Gale on Wed May 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Well if I were to suggest a way to do this it would be this:

Character 1:
Person 1 applying: link to voice or video file (X Votes)
Person 2 applying: link to voice or video file (X Votes)
Person 3 applying: link to voice or video file (X Votes)
Person 4 applying: link to voice or video file (X Votes)

Character 2:

Character 3:
Person 3 applying: link to voice or video file (X Votes)

Etc.

Votes end XX of X Month.

Once, again, just my personal opinion, I love systems.
Reed R Gale

Postby Twilight on Wed May 25, 2011 9:15 pm

That's the thing though. One person shouldn't get to chose any given voice, it should all be open to everyone. Personally, if I were to participate in this I'd already be giving you a hard time because you called Bobby. What if someone else wants to try it out? What if someone else has a better voice for him? That's a decision you made, and no one else had any kind of say in it.

I know that probably everyone else didn't think about that, or at least think of it like that. I also know that you're technically the one that thought up the project but that doesn't mean that it's "your" project, unless you're paying the others to do it as you like. Since this is a collaborative project, rather than a hierarchical one, I'd advice from making any kind of decision without first bringing it up to the rest of the group. Quality control doesn't fall on you, it falls on everyone. You, by yourself, have an idea in your mind of what YOU like, but it may not be what everyone likes. The only real duty an "organizer" would have is to make sure people are on track with what their tasks and to keep everyone happy while at it. It's VERY easy to put these kinds of projects together (look at Darkspeeds, he did already all by himself), and I've seen a ton go down because of issues like these. They don't look like much, but they do add up.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but for a project like this, no one person should be trying to manage everyone else, because it's very easy to remove you from the equation and the rest of the group going off to do their own thing.
Twilight

---------

Next

Return to DK Volunteer Army