Dreamkeepers on TWC. at #16

Help Dreamkeepers grow! Share your promotional ideas, or collaborate with other readers.

Dreamkeepers on TWC. at #16

Postby Seergun on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Hey everyone, I was just thinking about the web comics I read and realized I found most of mine either through TWC or other comics. Wouldn't a good way to get DK more recognized be to get it up higher on the TWC rankings? I've seen a couple comics rise through the ranks pretty quickly, the most recent one being Modest Medusa, which is now in the top 10 from somewhere in the 70's or so, so I know it can be done.

Here's the problem, how would we get this movement started in the first place? Another issue would be voting incentives, which Dave and Liz would, most likely, have to provide. I have no idea what they would be/what Dav and Liz could provide.

Anyone have any good ideas?
Seergun

Re: Dreamkeepers on TWC.

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:27 pm

Well... Dave and Liz (I'm not sure how accurate I am with this) are really busy as it is with the finishing of Volume 3... So...

But you can ask Dave himself on the chat this week?
SerafinoDragonTamer

Postby Drezlun on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:58 am

Yeah the whole reason for the bi-weekly updates of an actual Prelude strip versus just a preview sketch is that Dave and Liz are really pushing to finish Volume 3 as soon as possible. I don't think either of them would have time to make extra strips or drawings for incentives.

That being said, they could copy the model that Tarrol Hunt (Thunt) of Goblins uses and post the Preview Sketches as the incentives for voting for the comic on TWC or a similar site.
Drezlun

Postby Oseirus on Tue May 01, 2012 3:00 am

It is indeed highly possible for a comic to fly through the ranks if its reader base is committed enough. shot up something like 130 ranks into the low-20's in just under two weeks after the author started offering some rather , and as great as that comic is, I'm sure their reader count is nowhere NEAR what Dreamkeepers' is.

Now, obviously David and Liz won't be able to offer any sort of incentive like that for a number of reasons, but I'd bet my big left... toe that we could EASILY break into the top 20's (or even the top 10) if people started voting more often. It only takes a few seconds to do, and the increased traffic would help spread the word about Dreamkeepers. Personally, I've set up my browser to open up the in another tab alongside my normal home page, just so I don't forget to vote every day. Incentive or not, there's no reason not to vote.

Besides, I'd be willing to bet in the event that David DID begin to offer incentives, they'd be something totally awesome and way more creative than simply extra artwork. Like, I dunno, for every 10 ranks that Dreamkeepers goes up we get an ice cream sundae delivered directly to our desks by a buxom wench in one of them old-tyme barmaid dresses. Or something.

(ok, maybe not, but a man can dream, right?!?)

Although, frankly, if there was a way to get a big-name comic like Ctrl+Alt+Del or Penny Arcade to pimp DK a bit, that alone would bring in at LEAST a dozen times the traffic that TWC ever would...
Oseirus

Postby Twilight on Tue May 01, 2012 3:20 pm

This..... this is genius 8I I am adding that extra tab to my browser start up.
Twilight

Postby Twilight on Fri May 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Hey, question. Why the frick is TwoKinds #1? This must be corrected D8 push Dreamkeepers forward moar!!
Twilight

Postby Twilight on Fri May 04, 2012 8:00 pm

Need 10 more votes to get up to #80. Go get it!!
Twilight

Postby Rubaha Paren on Sat May 05, 2012 1:35 am

Thats really can help? I think people who searching to read comic will choose from top ten. But Dreamkeepers have something around 40 votes/day, leader have 1000v/d.
Rubaha Paren

Postby Twilight on Sat May 05, 2012 1:47 am

Hey, we got it down to 80. That's good progress! That increases it's chances of being noticed.
Twilight

Postby Rubaha Paren on Sat May 05, 2012 2:53 am

If all forum members can vote periodically... it will be 500v/d.

Yeah! Dreamkeepers got 79 place, 2 votes to 78. :P
Rubaha Paren

---------

Next

Return to DK Volunteer Army