Dreamkeepers Minecraft Adventures

Got something you'd like to show off? Show it! Want to promote a great artist or series you know of? Share it here! For anyone feeling bored, odds are there's something cool to see...

Dreamkeepers Minecraft Adventures

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:28 am

Fans of Minecraft and Readers of Dreamkeepers!
The server is LIVE!

The ip is:

We have a server big enough to handle 64 people, easy!
Right now, we have 35 members! More than halfway there!

Member List:

1. projekt2501
2. shoop400
3. wreckeronezero
4. malepartus
5. lordoftheforest (Moderator)
6. davathean
7. jcraine
8. devinpath (Admin)
9. danwiththehat
10. lox_hunter
11. dezblade
12. supervaderman
13. dargonget150
14. kiaranthedemon
15. zombiedecoy (Moderator)
16. xlltangollx
17. rarchevette
18. avolendi
19. hakuzo_nightfox
20. babaganousche
21. awesomeness_888
22. eziofawkes
23. redajx
24. kuillox (Moderator)
25. mnpass
26. t3rm1n4l_r18k
27. rev_battlefoxx
28. snowman__99
29. rakashi_yamoki
30. clockworkbiotic
31. drezlun
32. fluffy_kitty22 (Moderator)
33. master_of_mine1
34. mandyhabato
35. imperator006

We're currently accepting applications. 29 more slots remain.
Last edited by Devious_Psychopath on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Devious_Psychopath

Re: Dedicated Minecraft Dreamkeepers Server!

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Rules:

1. Don't Grief.
2. Don't steal from other players.
3. Cheating and hacking is not allowed.
4. PVP is only allowed in the Arena or during events that allow it.
5. Don't break anything in Spawn. Especially the notice boards!
6. Listen to the Moderators. There are four of us.
7. And the most important rule of all: Have fun!

Server events:
We have one ongoing event!
Collect Eyes of Ender
We need 9 more

We have a building contest coming soon. It will take place on the official release date of Volume 3.

For now though, a theme has been selected! Dreamkeepers!
It's our first official contest since going live, so it makes sense to dedicate it to what we are all fans of!

Notices:
The Server difficulty is set at Hard. This means Zombies can smash down wooden doors and mobs have more health and deal more damage. If you have any complaints regarding this, I don't care.

Floating trees. I hate them. If you are collecting wood, chop down the whole tree, please.

Odd, creepy signs have been popping up around the place. Keep an eye out for them. Make note of what it says, then destroy it. Share your discovery with others. Maybe we can figure out what's going on.

We have an arena. Challenge others! Have a mod judge it.
Winners get a reward
Losers have their weapon taken. (To prevent the system from being exploited)
Last edited by Devious_Psychopath on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Twilight on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:07 pm

coo'

I here be that posteth in thy thread.

Minecraft Name: Kuillox
Favorite DK GNS Character: Lt. Viriathus! (V3, shut up)
What do you like to do in Minecraft: Build stuff in Creative, but only with materials I have already found in Survival.
Suggestions for the Server: Make it with a cool seed that grants a pleasant, green area. Also, lay down rules about what is and isn't acceptable to do in Creative so people can ask OPs to temporarily switch them between the two.
Questions about the Server: Will there be rules? PVP? massive war conflicts or otherwise any random gimmicks?
Twilight

Postby Lord of the Forest on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Minecraft Name: LordoftheForest
Favorite DK GNS Character: Grunn!
What do you like to do in Minecraft: Fishing and building quaint dirt huts. Also farming.
Suggestions for the Server: Eventually setting up town limits, maybe setting spawn nearby a NPC village so we can trade with them eventually?
Questions about the Server: NONE SO FAR!
Lord of the Forest

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:18 am

Twilight wrote:Suggestions for the Server: Make it with a cool seed that grants a pleasant, green area. Also, lay down rules about what is and isn't acceptable to do in Creative so people can ask OPs to temporarily switch them between the two.

Questions about the Server: Will there be rules? PVP? massive war conflicts or otherwise any random gimmicks?

Going through these one at a time.

Seed: Of course I want to find a good seed for the world! I have one seed I fancy so far. We'll see if I find others I'm fond of. The one I'm pretty impressed with is a mountain biome.

I am willing to use another seed if lots of folks are unhappy with this seed, and of course, I'm open to suggestions for seeds.

After all, this is for all of us!

Creative? Oooh... Um. I prefer using Creative for Single Player only, as a way of planning more impressive structures for Multiplayer.
That said, I'm hoping to organize server events and contests. One such type of contest would be building contests, half allowing Creative, the other half restricting players to Survival only.
If players do require items found only in Creative, then I'd be happy to work out a way to obtain such blocks from the moderator(s) using some sort of trade system.

Rules: Obviously, Yes. I will post an exact list of the rules on this thread once I have it all worked out and posted again in the Spawn area of the Server itself. I will also include an explanation of how I will handle rule breakers.
As for right now, in case I don't have it all ready by the public opening of the server, Here are a few basic rules:

Don't grief
Don't be a jerk

And that's it for rules at the moment.

PVP, War Games, etc. : Oh absolutely! I want to have all kinds of different events and I want you guys to pick them/suggest them. I will certainly pick a few myself and already have some ideas!
Every now and again, I'll switch out the regular map for an Adventure Map or a Survival Challenge Map.
I will do such map switches rarely. I don't want to cut into everyone's precious Minecrafting time.
Other than the few things I have in mind, events will be up to you guys to decide on.
To avoid spending so much time on events, that no one ever sees the regular map, I'll cap events at a few times a month. (Except in very special cases, like the special Harvest Festival event or All Spirit's Eve) (It's a Minecraft Server made solely for Dreamkeeper fans and, by the Spirits, we're celebrating Dreamkeeper holidays while playing!)

Lord of the Forest wrote:Suggestions for the Server: Eventually setting up town limits, maybe setting spawn nearby a NPC village so we can trade with them eventually?

Ah. An excellent suggestion, Fore! However, I personally have grown fond of another set up that uses the Nether as a sort of... hub world.
Each person gets their own personal Nether Portal to reach areas, extremely distant from the spawn. (Players can share a portal if they wish.)

This allows for building amazing, massive structures without having to worry about getting in your neighbor's way and you don't have to fret about your neighbor mining that diamond you found first, but couldn't get because you didn't have the right pick at the time.
Though... I also strongly believe in working together to create amazing things in Minecraft. If you guys like the idea of a Nether Hub, WORK FOR IT! Gather the supplies yourselves and build that sucker!

Then again, the idea of keeping everyone close has it's benefits too. I think initially, I'll set up an artificial village near or at Spawn. We'll all start from there, but if folks want to spread out, then spread out. If you guys decide to keep somewhat close to the village I set up, then do so.

I may be funding it, but this server is for all the dreamkeeper fans. How it's run is, for the most part, up to you guys. I'll just be maintaining it, enforcing rules, and making sure everyone's having a good time.

One Last Thing: I was going to wait until Friday before buying the server, so I would have my paycheck to cushion the expense of getting a server. But I have found that the hosting website is running a special discount for your first month of server access and that servers are much cheaper to get, than I originally had thought. I'm purchasing the server now, but I still won't share the IP until Saturday evening at the latest, to give me time to figure out how to work and maintain it and so that I can build a nice looking spawn area for you guys.

Well. I end this massive wall of text now to go finalize payment of the server. Check back here before the week is out to see if any new info about the server has cropped up. I'll keep this thread updated.
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Avolendi on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:58 am

Awesome :shock:
Also congrats on the job ^^

Minecraft Name: Avolendi
Favorite DK GNS Character: Vi (with Namah a close second)
What do you like to do in Minecraft: Building large structures (lighthouse/watchtower) and mapping the caverns and tunnels I created/discovered using signs and eventually connecting main points by railways.

Nice seed. Bit low on the trees in the mountain area, but great nonetheless. Spotted a few nice places for a cliff tower ^^

Festivals and events? Sweet xD
Avolendi

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:05 pm

That is the only problem I have with the seed myself. Lack of trees.

I'll plant a few when I set up the spawn area.
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Tango on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:17 pm

I can see the possibility's now, pixel fan art, a thriving comunity of DK fans, maybe even a full scale replica of the Sabbton Towers. THIS WILL BE EPIC!!!

Minecraft Name: xllTangollx
Favorite DK GNS Character: NAMAH FTW
What do you like to do in Minecraft: Build and survive
Suggestions for the Server: maybe some kind of transport system, like cart stations or something
Questions about the Server: none at the moment
Tango

Postby DanWithTheHat on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:28 pm

I've been thinking about playing Minecraft again. This should be fun! :D

Minecraft Name: Danwiththehat
Favorite DK GNS Character: Mace
What do you like to do in Minecraft: Exploring caves and finding dungeons. Building transportation systems.

I support the Idea of a central village. It encourages collaboration and it can turn into an epic city where you can gather people for events and such. I hosted a server last year with that type of set up and it worked out well until griefers caused some havoc. :(
DanWithTheHat

Postby Decoy on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Awesome. Been wanting to find a server that doesn't have griefers for once lol

Minecraft Name: ZombieDecoy
Favorite DK GNS Character: Scinter and Grunn
What do you like to do in Minecraft: I am a Survivalist and Architect. I like to get fancy with my building B)
I think a central hub kind of like a trade town is a good idea. We should create a similar thing in the nether and have rail systems to connecting our portals to the central portal hub.
Decoy

---------

Next

Return to LOOKIT THIS!