Dreamkeepers Fandub

Help Dreamkeepers grow! Share your promotional ideas, or collaborate with other readers.

Dreamkeepers Fandub

Postby Reed R Gale on Mon May 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Just an idea brought up in Suraru's thread, what do you guys think? Who here can voice act? I know I'm... kinda sorta half decent...

IF we plan to do this, everyone and their cousins should upload a sound file of the person they want to be with an example phrase from the webcomic of Prelude.

THEN

We'd need a pretty good editor who can make clean transitions for the video and match up the voices with the thing, find night fitting background stuff (crowds, crickets, and the like), etc, etc., but then again we don't seem to have a lack of them here. XD

Who thinks its a good idea for adverts?

(FIRST THINGS FIRST THOUGH we should get Daves permission, good call on Suraru's part XD)
Reed R Gale

Re: Dreamkeepers Fandub

Postby Suraru on Mon May 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Wow that was quick lol

I can voice act great, for a web comic I can't do mace because my voice is matured, whip could be hard, I could do bobby! Or grunn lol, wait no, my dad can do grunn, he is a mean guy lol, especially when you smash in the bumper of his favorite car LOL
True story tho, he was just short of child abuse... Yaaaaaaaa
Suraru

Postby Reed R Gale on Mon May 23, 2011 10:41 pm

As much as I'd like to do Grunn:

1. My voice isn't low enough
2. I doubt my parents would appreciate my swearing loudly excessively trying to get "just the right" tone.
3. I would have no voice by the first day.
Reed R Gale

Postby Suraru on Mon May 23, 2011 10:54 pm

Well my dad is a diehard husker fan, he can yell, ill go ask him now if he's not asleep.

A few min later...

He said he was busy, talk to him later...
Suraru

Postby Avolendi on Tue May 24, 2011 1:41 pm

Idea sounds good, though I you mean what I think you mean, someone might have beaten you to the punch. I assume the idea is something like what Darkspeeds has done:
Avolendi

Postby Suraru on Tue May 24, 2011 2:24 pm

Ya, his dub is pretty close to what I was thinking (I also mentioned it earlier) he used a different animation, we could ask him for help, and if you watched (youtube it) "VG Cats adaption with no name" they use a good form of animation also, we could do a mix, or keep out the thought bubbles completely maybe.

BUT he hasn't been doing any more DK animation thingies so we could start a new series using the prelude, because using the volumes will give people a reason to not buy the books. If you have similar thought as me your thinking "we could do a trailer/teaser to get people to buy the books" yes we could ;)
Suraru

Postby WhiteinBlack on Tue May 24, 2011 3:11 pm

I totally would do this if i could actually voice the voices I have in mind for the Characters.
I think I would play Whip even though I don't know what he could sound like. I'll have to experiment.

Anyway, i would love to know how to make a sound profile. Anyone mind telling me and anyone else who has no clue how to make one? :lol:

EDIT: I just realized we would need a way to keep this strictly under DK copyright. any ideas?
WhiteinBlack

Postby Suraru on Tue May 24, 2011 3:18 pm

When I doubt, yell 1 of 3 names...

TWI!!!!!! What do we do now?!?!?
Suraru

Postby UberUrsa on Tue May 24, 2011 3:32 pm

I suppose the first question would be to ask whether or not anyone had actually emailed Dave about it. Once that is taken care of, someone with skills in movie maker or whatever could put together a slideshow type thing with the panels from the comic, with some artistic license for the oddly shaped ones. After that, its just a matter of getting together a few people who are able and willing to ship out sound files for each of the Character's dialogue.
so the to do list would look like:
1) email Dave to ask
2) get animator
3) get voice actors
UberUrsa

Postby Suraru on Tue May 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Well my bb is kinda malfunctionable for sending emails, I could do it, but I would need to c/p the email, send it as a text to my email, then hope it doesn't pop up in daves spam folder (because its sent automatically)

So someone else post in this thread then send it out please.

As for voice actors I'm already looking for them, me as bobby, my dad possibly as grunn, no one for whip, mace, vi, lilith, namah, the 3 guards, calah, the maid/nurse, and lots of other people I don't want to name individually... And people can do more then one spot if were short on actors, like I could also do that guy who likes lilith, or one of the guards also.
Suraru

---------

Next

Return to DK Volunteer Army