Dreamkeepers Fan-made Motion Comic Project

Help Dreamkeepers grow! Share your promotional ideas, or collaborate with other readers.

Dreamkeepers Fan-made Motion Comic Project

Postby Althis on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:14 pm

Hello people of the Interwebs.
This week I met the awesome Kiyo in the IRC channel. He has been working on animating the free version of Vol 1 into a motion comic.
This is not a full animation project, as in it doesn't require actual drawing of the missing frames. Basically what he is doing is cutting, filling in the blank space and animating the cuts with 2D rigging on Anime Studio. That saves a lot of time and work as well as maintains the artistic integrity of the comic.

You can see the results of his work so far bellow:

He made some great stuff, but the project has yet a long way ahead to go. He is currently looking for people to help him with a few things:
-Voice actors for the main cast(Requires a good recording setup)
-A composer for ambient music.
-A skilled sound artist for sound effects.
-Any help in the animation is welcome.

In case you are interested in joining the project, please send me a PM and join our Volunteer Army and I will make sure to get you started.
Althis

Re: Dreamkeepers Fan-made Motion Comic Project

Postby SuperHyperHedgey on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Oh I'd be happy to audition for some roles on the comic. Just tell what you want and I'll see if I can meet your satisfaction. I'm male so that is known to what characters I can play.
SuperHyperHedgey

Postby Twilight on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:48 pm

SuperHyperHedgey wrote:Oh I'd be happy to audition for some roles on the comic. Just tell what you want and I'll see if I can meet your satisfaction. I'm male so that is known to what characters I can play.

Contact the dude with the youtube channel themselves for that ^^
Twilight

Postby ezioauditore97 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:31 pm

I think I am interested!
ezioauditore97

Postby Jyrico on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:37 pm

I'm so very excited to see this happen more, I'm a composer and am very interested in writing for the comic. Keep us posted :D !
Jyrico

Postby IronFox on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Sent my audition reels in. Hope they're up to snuff.
IronFox

Postby A-Fox-Of-Fanfiction on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 am

What do I need to audition and what parts are still available for voice acting?
A-Fox-Of-Fanfiction

Postby ezioauditore97 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:57 pm

I will send samples after receiving volume 1 but I only have my iphone for recording so although I believe I can pull off some decent voices I think the quality might be somewhat impacted.
ezioauditore97

Postby IronFox on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:01 am

also, folks, tell your wives and sweethearts, too. They're probably gonna need lady voices.
IronFox

Postby Jyrico on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:14 pm

Hey there, I went to work on some ideas I had just for flat out music that could accompany the animation that was put up. This is by no means a finished product, I want to play with different instruments (hopefully something less percussive than a piano), and get a digital set up with a keyboard. This is in no way official, I just want to put this up to show that I'm ready to get to work and communicate with everybody!

It's a little overtly melodramatic at parts. It's not very clear in the recording, but after I say 3, 2, 1 press play on the animation, and they should be synced up.

Again, I have to stress, if anyone is in any way offended by me posting this or find it in any way presumptuous I can remove it at a moments notice and only intended this as a kind of conceptual brewing.

Jyrico

---------

Next

Return to DK Volunteer Army