dreamkeepers as a T.V series?

Help Dreamkeepers grow! Share your promotional ideas, or collaborate with other readers.

dreamkeepers as a T.V series?

Postby JoRdAnMaSt3R on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:24 pm

i know that we've been over this once, but consider the possabilities if it ever DID become a T.V series
JoRdAnMaSt3R

Re: dreamkeepers as a T.V series?

Postby Suraru on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:30 pm

i should link that for many reasons, before you post something about how its possible, read that first
Suraru

Postby Kuurion on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:48 pm

That's a really good blog post. Very well thought-out and I agree completely with every aspect of it.

I hate to be a downer, but I've experienced a lot of people saying and asking for things along the same lines as this - people that want me to draw a comic of them, of their friends, work in a joke that happened at the bar last night, do a short series on something completely unrelated to my own work. None of them actually get how much extra TIME that all entails. And for something as big as an animated series, then yeah it's not even kind of possible with just two people - hell I'm not gonna re-explain the whole thing here, Dave said it very well in the post himself. It's just not feasible in the forseeable future. And I think we're all okay with that. The books are awesome as they are. :D
Kuurion

Postby Zagura on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

I'd be happy with a mini flash game where Mace shoots Grunn out of a cannon, who's parts are supplied by Vi playing the role as the notorious shopkeeper. XD
Zagura

Postby Suraru on Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:16 pm

hmmmm i should get better at paint and make one, i can java script

wait wait, were getting off topic
Suraru

Postby Oseirus on Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:53 pm

Zagura wrote:I'd be happy with a mini flash game where Mace shoots Grunn out of a cannon, who's parts are supplied by Vi playing the role as the notorious shopkeeper. XD

Ha, kinda like a DreamKeepers Kitten Cannon. I'd play it.

But yes, while a DreamKeepers movie/game/tv show/soap opera would be fantastic, it's ultimately gonna be more of a hassle than its worth. At least this early in the game. Remember there's only been two volumes released, and while they're AMAZING, there isn't much groundwork to support said entertainment venue.
Oseirus

Postby HydrayaLightStorm on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Thats a Terific Idea! I would so watch it! It'd need to be on CartoonNetwork, Nickelodeon, or Fox66. Those are the main Cartoon airing shows that many people have. It would be even better if it where based CLOSELY to the book, seeing that I have no idea where I would find it. The idea Totally makes up for the people who can't find or purchase the book series.
HydrayaLightStorm

Postby RennisTora on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:01 pm

I think a web show would be the first logical step, TV would be something after you know it's liked o3o
RennisTora

Postby fel4321 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:48 pm

I am thinking perhaps a prelude webseries. There is more material to work with, and it's already out there for the world to see. If volunteers from the Army with animation experience could pitch in, it could definately do ok.

The meat and bones of the DK universe, the graphic novels, would be untouched, and therefore any interest generated by the webisodes would have to buy them in order to continue reading.
fel4321

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:06 pm

You'd have to get Ankama to do it.

Anyone who's seen the Wakfu series and the bright and brilliant art style can back me up there. I don't even care that it's in French.

And it's all animated in... Flash. *head asplode*

What's the going rate for an animation studio these days? *takes out wallet* Five... million?
Chemical Cutthroat

---------

Next

Return to DK Volunteer Army