Dreamkeepers App?

Help Dreamkeepers grow! Share your promotional ideas, or collaborate with other readers.

Dreamkeepers App?

Postby Auradragon on Sat May 21, 2011 2:26 pm

I've had this idea in my head for a little while. I was wondering if it would be possible to make an app for Dreamkeepers for iPhones/iPod touch. Of course it would require knowing how to work with the tools, which I can totally do, I just don't know if I could do it well... I do have some time in the summer to work on something like this, of course, so I can learn and start making one. Or maybe someone else already knows?

Some ideas I had for what it could do:
Link to new blog updates
Inform you when there's a new comic up
Keep you in touch with the forum
Update you on Dreamkeepers on Twitter and/or Facebook

What are some thoughts on this?
Auradragon

Re: Dreamkeepers App?

Postby WhiteinBlack on Sat May 21, 2011 5:31 pm

A namah warning. When something awesome is happening on the forums or DK (For example, new shirts), the a crazied picture of Namah appears screaming "Crazy never dies!" It's like the disgruntled John Cleese.

Or even better for Dave, an automatic updater of all happenings concerning the comics. This way, Dave doesn't need to check his email a biziltrillion times.
WhiteinBlack

Postby Suraru on Sat May 21, 2011 7:58 pm

Its a great idea, but two things bite me in my *** again, me not knowing how to create apps for phones, and me not getting a droid :-/
(I can't upgrade until october, I currently have a blackberry 8330, which is how I'm posting this now actually :D)
Suraru

Postby Hazzardous on Sat May 21, 2011 10:16 pm

Could the chat room be accessed as well? Course, folks will have to know when is the best time to catch Dave and Liz on it, as well as most of the forum goers...
Hazzardous

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Sun May 22, 2011 8:03 am

As far as I know most apps are programmed using Java. So that is a headache of downloading all the SDK files and such and setting up to program in java. (I disliked java when I used it.)
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Suraru on Sun May 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Well java isn't that bad when you get used to it, I started with xml, then truly learned scripting with lua, sense then I mainly use c++ and java on occasion (minecraft and all)

I think were still on topic?
Suraru

Postby Hazzardous on Sun May 22, 2011 11:32 pm

But if it means breaking backs to get it to work, then it's probably not worth it...
Hazzardous

Postby Suraru on Mon May 23, 2011 5:24 pm

hmmmm well its summer and i lost my job, i guess i could learn how to make apps, i do have an idea for a 2d minecraft app also, both of these would be awesome.
time for google to teach me how to live!!!!
Suraru

---------

Return to DK Volunteer Army