Dreamkeeper TAG School [ON HIATUS. SEE FIRST POST]

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Re: Dreamkeeper TAG School [ON HIATUS. SEE FIRST POST]

Postby MandyHabato on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 pm

That's why i said sorta!! I see three different kinds of restarts in my head, and apparently either i classify them differently, or you only have 2. Either way, id on't really care to explain myself here because it doesn't matter.

And if Kami isn't here to play Frill...no offence to her, or her good char, but do we really need her here? Couldn't we just...i dunno, come up with another person? Or someone make another principal or headmaster or something to fill her place? ag, Idk, i might be sounding rude here...
I'm just forgetting how we're doing this i think...
MandyHabato

Postby Avolendi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:54 pm

To reiterate, this will be a total restart. You might even say a new RP. To give everyone a taste of the story I have in mind I'll make an OOC topic in the following days. For now I'll post the introduction here for you to already read up on (in the OOC some more required information will be included). Feel free to comment on things and ask for explanations when things aren't clear.

With the Halloween contest coming up, I want to try and make something for that in between studying. That means I'll try to get this going somewhere mid/end October.

As for the position of principal, that's not really a problem since that won't be a major role and any announcements that need to be made can be done by me. I also hope you don't mind that the gender-bending thing isn't a part of it ^^;

As for help. If needed I'll ask, but since it would be troublesome for that person to also play (secrets >.>), I'd like to avoid that.

Now for the introduction story (there will be more than meets the eye … )

------------------------------------------PROJECT SEE-------------------------------------------------------------------

School for Erudition and Enlightenment
After increasing complaints of disturbances by youth not conforming to the rules of society and blatantly disregarded proper attendance to their respective schools, a collective of duped shop owners and agitated citizens complained to their respective district officials to undertake steps. With the case getting media attention it was soon taking into consideration by the city council. Member of the council agreed this was a good chance to display the city welfare policy. A place would need to be found to re-educate the ruffians and help them become valuable members of society.
However as the initial enthusiasm subsided, nobody was keen on having such a school in their district. The 'ruffians' were mostly adolescent with ages from 12 to 26 and ranged from orphans to vagabonds. With the media awoken and following the proceedings closely, a solution needed to be found quickly. After a few heated discussions, eyes fell on an old complex outside the city. Though it would need to be fixed up, it fit the bill perfectly.
Until some 20 years ago a boarding school for the wealthy and privileged, it only needed redecorating and some repairs to be used as a school once again. It easily had the required capacity and was remote enough to be of little disturbance. Within weeks the work was underway and after only 2 months of blood, sweat and taxes spent, it was ready.

The boarding school had been founded on the remains of an old fort that had guarded an obsolete mountain pass. A remnant of when Anduruna needed an outpost to protect against raids through the South Starfall Pass and city response was still slow and inadequate. After the quarry to the north was mined clean it lost even its function as a storage facility and it was finally decided to decommission the fort. Parts of the old fort that used to stand there are still visible. Stone walls and towers lining the perimeter, giving the whole a Norvondire look.
A private institution had later bought it and made it into a boarding school. With the wild environment, though beautiful, it was decided to restore the walls to proper order. Wolves and large ryuu-neko’s roam the deeper reaches of the forest and even bears had been spotted on occasion.

But those were worries of the past. With the work finished and a staff selected, the new students can soon be sent off to their new home (far) away from home. Students are not allowed off the campus for their own safety, though it is also convenient to dissuade any entrepreneurs from taking off on their own. Student enrolment is mandatory until they complete their basic schooling, regardless of their age and the attendance for classes is kept. Those who do not conform to this receive 2 warnings before disciplinary measures are taken and a mark is made in the student record. Usually this is detention. The third disciplinary measure means detention for a week and extra work to fill this time with. Warnings are removed after two weeks of good behaviour and a mark of bad behaviour is cleared after a month.
Students are expected to take to their classes seriously and they will need to get sufficient grades, lest they get mandatory study time allocated. There are 4 tests periods a year and any inadequate results mean a cram course. All students receive the following message.

Student application message
Congratulations, you have been selected to participate in the SEE project, a government initiative to help those less fortunate to enlist at a special school, thus receiving proper education and allowing you to become a fulfilling member of society. You are expected to report at the Norvondire main city gate, at the customs office. There you will be asked to fill in your personal information and sign your enrolment form.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following information may be subject to change!

The RP will progress per week, in which everyone can choose 4 actions, which represent 2 morning and 2 evenings. During this time you can choose to (focus on) studying, socializing, exercising and exploring. Some actions are free to do, while others involve taking risks that can have penalties (such as detention).
There is of course more possible than merely studying and socializing. You can also explore the environment inside and outside the campus. Outside however isn't without a risk as there are wild animals and you're not allowed to go off the grounds, but as the story unfolds you may find reasons to do so anyway. The goal will be to survive the schoolyear ^^

Also something that might be interesting, after reading up on the details in the history section I decided to add Fallguard as the school sport to the RP. There will be a selection for the team and later games will be played against other schools. I'm planning to allow players to become part of the team, which should create a sort of mini game at the time that the matches are held. This does need to be fleshed out some more (ideas welcome).
Avolendi

Postby Thegunner18 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:03 am

I'll keep my eye on this since it's restarting, but I don't want to make it seem like I'm definitely going to join because I'm going back to school soon and I don't want to end up having to suddenly leave. ^^

Nevertheless, we'll have to see :3
Thegunner18

Postby Ookamisuke on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:58 pm

*Pokes head in* H...Hello? Umm...hi! Sorry I've been disappeared for so long; Life again has taken a weird turn for me...But hey, I'm trying to be back now. To my regulars: How are things?
Ookamisuke

Postby Reed R Gale on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:12 am

We're kinda moving on to another school based one, but I'd be cool with picking this back up. Lost of people left though. Also, I post in green.
Reed R Gale

Postby Ookamisuke on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:30 am

Reed R Gale wrote:We're kinda moving on to another school based one, but I'd be cool with picking this back up. Lost of people left though. Also, I post in green.

I wouldn't mind having Frilfr show up as an occasional character at the new school. I see it has three pages already done...Maybe she could show up for the occasional help with her flame control?
Ookamisuke

Postby Reed R Gale on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:34 am

You should talk with Av about that.
Reed R Gale

---------

Previous

Return to Headless room.