Dreamkeeper TAG School [ON HIATUS. SEE FIRST POST]

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Re: Dreamkeeper TAG School [ON HIATUS. SEE FIRST POST]

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Sun May 20, 2012 10:24 am

So... when are we going to start our class?
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Avolendi on Sun May 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Hmm. I'll start twiddling my thumbs for a bit then and try to think of some storylines.

*Twiddles...*

Introduction:
An old school is getting reopened after many years ago a power incident ended up with the facility being closed. The circumstances are not fully known, but what is know is that there had already been strange rumors going around before the incident, though the school board had kept a tight lid on things.
At the time it was a luxurious boarding school for the wealth and priviledged that made things all the worse and what caused the drastic measures of closing the school. It was said to be too secluded for proper oversight and with declining student numbers it was considered a good excuse to move to a different complex in the confines of the city.

Recently there had been repeated problems with troublemakers. Schools no longer accepted them, but they still required education and to prevent them from derailing further the governement was asked to find a solution. With the media playing things up, the governement was forced to find solutions quickly to save face and for the sake of proving 'social improvement' policies. It was decided to allocate the troublemakers somewhere remote and under 'special' supervision. However since nobody could be found to teach there, they eventually give positions to whoemever they could find. Even those who had been hopefull to get them back on track soon had other things to worry about and with that the issue was considered dealt with.

The school was renamed to <...> and the newly enrolled students were directed towards the dormitories. Things progressed calmly and the large building and large amount of space surely helped. Although that might also have been because the students were still shocked from suddenly being dumped in the middle of nowhere outside the city without really having been told what had been arranged for them.

Some students have already taken up their room and new students are still being dropped off from time to time. The schoolyear is about to begin and to teachers have gotten their schedules. Lists with times the canteen is open, the gym is available and the times for various classes have been hung up. Still being understaffed the students will have a good amount of free time. They are however not allowed to go outside the school grounds as especially in the forests their safety can't be garanteed. Several sections are closed off due to being in disrepair and others for less clear reasons.

Concept sunmmary:
We have a school with a curious history. The reason for the power incident was (in story not commenly known) that the area where the school lies seems to have some influence of the awakening of powers.

My thoughts would be have the students in time find out information about this and slowly people start to feel strange tinglings as their powers stir. Apparently this only happens to the younger ones. There will be no new arrivals with powers or rapidly finding out about them. The goal will firstly be for students to develop their powers in secret. This means getting caught will have consequences (undefined).
While students learn about their powers they'll also need to find out if they can trust eachother. It'll be up to each individual what they'll do, but having people to have your back will definitely be a plus.
In the longer run the goal will be to find out what happened all those years ago, what happened to the people that were there. Depending on what choices are made there (or now), the endgoal can be something like breaking into the tower and finding data on what happened there, possibly combined with searching for things on the school grounds. Perhaps the governement did research on things there (or others did), or perhaps people survived and created an underground society for those with powers. Maybe they will help you and its a happy ending, or perhaps they want to take back the school and/or control you and a fight ensues between the school, the society and shock troopers. Or perhaps the governement lays siege to the school having found out there´s something there. Perhaps the end will be to leave and never return to Anduruna, possibly going to live in the Cliffs of Ekklesia? Maybe people screw up in any of these scenario's and you get to run for your lives?

My thought are that the school will house a lot more people than just the players. The teachers will not be players and preferable the director is the GM (allows for interaction, but still seperated from normal players and in a good position to insert events). He may find out about things and possibly side with the students and tries to help them. Perhaps teachers will also accept the powers, though at least some will make it clear they are against it and if they find out about power usage (let alone abuse), then they will alert the governement. The governement may even have someone keeping an eye on things from the inside because of the past events (non-player and in the role of a teacher, not a student).
Students (also the players) will have to attend classes, skipping on too many will cause trouble (being looked for at the time, detention, ..?). The actual attending of classes will probably be superficial.
I'm wondering if I should contact Chem (if I can, seems to be mia for some time) and ask for help on making things dice related. Might help to have things like stats for social interaction (classes), power development, abilities (...?) and other stuff. That might allow for people to make choices about attending classes and get results based on that + random factor + roleplaying.

Conclusion:
Sooooo. With that I'm kind of wondering if I shouldn't try my hand at GMing since I just got all of this down with just going from one point to the next. Anyway, for now I'd like to ask people for their opinions and think about filling in any gaps, discussing pro and cons and anything that comes to mind (like should this be put in a new topic for a potential new RP so new people will read it more likely?).
Personally I'm going to try and contact Chem regarding howto's on the dice stuff and perhaps squeeze any other advice out of him if I find him.

Cheers,
Avolendi

PS. Disclaimer: Kind of checked stuff back and forth while typing all the time, but skipping on doublechecking the whole, since it's late and my eyes disagree with rereading everything again.
Avolendi

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Sun May 20, 2012 9:03 pm

I say go for gming. XD

Also,is this a continue or a total reset of the r.p?
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Avolendi on Mon May 21, 2012 5:10 am

Started just thinking of stuff, but with the setup as it is now, it would be a total reset. The ones who played before could go as students who got transferred first, but that also goes for people who apply before it kicks off. It should for some time still be possible for new players to join, though that shouldn't be too long since things will progress beyond that in time.

If I'm going to run this, it'll probably start in about 1 - 1½ month. That should give me time for improvements and expanding stuff as well as getting feedback (and finish study related work). Before that I want to check how that other RP stands that was to start soon. (*checking*) Hmm, Crash Course by Chem as well as Beyond by Sorrel. Maybe I should in any case wait for those to run their course (since I want to try and participate in both if they're still on track).

Think I'll make a new topic for this later, but first I want to see how those other RPs stand and contact Chem for help on the dice stuff.
Avolendi

Postby Ookamisuke on Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm going to go ahead and give Avolendi the GM position for this thread. Frill will still be the Principal, reporting directly to him. Sorry, folks. :/ I'm getting nada on my end. Avolendi's got a pretty solid thing going, and I'd be honored if he'd be willing to step up to the plate.

Frill will still have her role of importance she wants, but she won't be the one pulling the strings. :P That'll be Avolendi's character, telling her what to do. Which she'll do much like a cat: In her own way, she'll get there eventually. ^^
Ookamisuke

Postby Avolendi on Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm

Working on details and structuring things a bit more. Also making a map for future reference of the surrounding area. Probably also later one for the school grounds. I find those things usefull to keep locations and distances consistent as well as just nice to have while playing.

The advantage of doing this myself is that I can keep stuff a secret and have things depends on actions of others. Course that means if I also actively play, I can't trigger anything (unless perhaps it's valid from a story progression point of view and it shouldn't come from Frill).

Regarding that, nothing overarching will come from my character. If I play then he'll just be a student as oblivious as any other. For important stuff I'd either send Ooka a note (if it needs to come from Frill) or post from a non character perspective (ie. for hint "People walking there and there, see something shiny. It could be A, but also B." and things need progression, then add "They sucked at reading, so they flip a coin (1d2). It lands on A, but as they were distracted, a rhino ran over them.")
Avolendi

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Wed May 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Want to put out a time table for the class as well?
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby MandyHabato on Sun May 27, 2012 8:32 pm

-runs back in, gasping for air- sorry...been gone...so long-*gasp*
I've been stuck with my head in the clouds and for while i actually forgot about coming here. I guess that's what happens when i forget to bookmark dreamkeepers on my daily check-up bookmark tab(i have a tab of bookmarks i check everyday) after my com gets cleaned.

I just read over everything, and I agree with everything planned. The added random variable of dice makes this really exciting, maybe a bit more like D&D, but with something as complicated as a school rp, maybe that more rigid saying of the scale of an outcome will help keep things clean cut and interesting while still allowing for surprises.

And i can't wait, because i've only just realized how long it's been since i last rp-ed. it feels to long. I have that nostalgia feeling of 'oh, i remember doing that', and when i have that, it means that it's been too long of a pause. maybe throwing myself into thinking about DK rps will help my Danny Phantom obsession that has held me for the past couple weeks. and i've been wanting to write about something, but i have no ideas for anything original, so rping should help the juices flowing.

*stops, panting*
okay, rambling now. it HAS been WAAAAY too long. again, sorry for going silent, etc etc, can't wait, and i'll try to be more active in reading, throwing ideas and actually trying to help with anything I can do. ^w^ it feels good to be back on this site, it really was too long. ^^;
MandyHabato

Postby Avolendi on Mon May 28, 2012 5:31 am

Nice to have you back. Currently I'm waiting until I get a communication from Chem, which due to circumstances takes some time and detours. I'll continue making more details (which may or may not be posted, considering future secrecy >.>), but if you feel like making suggestions then by all means ^^

Also, for those daily websites, add the DK TWC? We've already hit 56 when I just checked ! ^^
Avolendi

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Wed May 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Oh look! I'm not dead!

This is an idea that I like, and will lend any and all help that I am able... which at the moment is a lot actually.

To Skype!
Chemical Cutthroat

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Headless room.