Dreamkeeper TAG School [ON HIATUS. SEE FIRST POST]

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Dreamkeeper TAG School [ON HIATUS. SEE FIRST POST]

Postby Ookamisuke on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:29 am

I'm considering starting an RP Thread dealing with Dreamkeeper powers. Now, this would most likely be noncanonical, and probably set in the future or past of the thread (As powers are illegal at the present point in the novel), but here's the basic setting:

All who wish to join the RP Thread will have received a letter from the TAG School stating that they have been chosen to refine, develop, or otherwise awaken their Dreamkeeper Power. For example, Frilfr (My Dreamkeeper) has the innate ability of being fireproof. She can presently wrap the fire around her entire body to clean her fur, completely, but this also has a downside: Any clothing, other than her own outfits she has made herself, are burned away when she does this. She hopes to figure out a way to get rid of this.
Additionally, Frilfr wishes to develop her power into controlling fire, i.e. fireballs, a fire wall, et cetera et cetera.

Realizing she wanted to develop her own powers made her open up a small school for other Dreamkeepers who wanted to awaken and/or develop their own power.

Now, for the rules!

1) Please submit your character profiles here, as well as what your power currently is. In the RP thread, once I create it, each 'student' will have a one on one interview with the head of the school (Myself, until I can find someone suitable to take my place, and can switch back to being a student), to decide how far along one's power is, and what the student wishes to eventually do with their own power.
2) Please try to keep all non character-related chatter out of the thread. If you have something you wish to ask, or otherwise have an issue with what's happening in the thread, please post it here, and I'll see what I can do.
3) Have fun!

Now, for what is presently open:

Principal: Frilfr (Until such suitable replacement is found)
Teacher(s): Frilfr
Student(s): NO ADMISSIONS.

((We've grown large enough that I'm implementing a cap on this thread. No more students until I can either dedicate more time to the thread, or I can get someone else who can a) teach classes, b) run the school, and c) be trusted with my private contact information so they can run the thread, completely, with minimal help from me (Via text message, phone call, email, et cetera)

I hope I am doing this okay, and I am open to ideas and potential improvements. The RP Thread itself will be created once I see I have at least one person interested.

Edit: On hiatus until summer due to majority agreement.
Last edited by Ookamisuke on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ookamisuke

Re: Dreamkeeper TAG School (Talented and Gifted)

Postby Halo's shadow on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:15 am

I'd be interested, but what is your size limit for people?
Halo's shadow

Postby SuperVaderMan on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:22 am

I think you might need to develop your idea a little bit more. I don't know if you've read the Headless thread on the S.U.R.G.E. RP, but since it's a pretty similar idea, I think, I would advise that you do so to perhaps get a better idea of what you want to offer with this RP.

That aside, I do feel a desire to get in on this action. Though, I've already recently joined the Erileia one, and there are plenty of people here who aren't part of any RPs at all that might want to join up. So, I'll wait and see for now. :)
SuperVaderMan

Postby FoxPhantom on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Edit: never mind.
Last edited by FoxPhantom on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FoxPhantom

Postby Sorrel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:15 pm

Hm. Actually, you know what? I'd say go ahead and give this a shot. SURGE died before a lot of the new people could join up, and a lot of them would be glad for this kind of sandbox story.

Just a bit of advice, though -- the reason SURGE failed was that it lacked direction. Twi and I took over and gave it a kickstart, but by then the players had already fallen into a mindset of "let's just get this over with." Essentially it was doomed to die before we even got there, because it wasn't fun anymore. Beware that pitfall XD You have a decent setting right here, but make sure you have a clear story in mind before you get started.

Good luck!
Sorrel

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:48 pm

I'd like to join in on this crazyness if you don't mind.
Can I post my character profile?
SerafinoDragonTamer

Postby Ookamisuke on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:27 am

Anyone may add their character profiles at any point in time!

And I've actually got an idea for the kinds of events and other things that could happen. We could have sports, Talent Shows (Most Interesting Power and other areas of talent that I've yet to think up), sparring matches....I'm a wolf with a very, VERY large imagination.

Additionally, I may incorporate some stuff from the GURPS book...Such as stats and stuff, but I'm not too sure yet. Opinions?

Now, for my character profile!

Name: Frilfr
Gender: Biologically male (But female in shape, appearance, and voice)
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 115 pounds
Student? Yes.
Teacher? Yes.
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Red

All the rest of the information will be posted in the RP Thread,which is about to be created.
Ookamisuke

Application to the Dreamkeeper TAG School (Talented and Gift

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:03 pm

For the record, this will be written as if Ki is writing it himself

Application to the Dreamkeeper School for the Talented and Gifted

Name: Kiaran (Ki for short)
Sex: [X] Male [ ] Female Heh... Sex...
Height: 6' 3" (not including wings)
Applying to be: [X] Student [ ]Teacher [ ] Janitor [ ] Other
Species: Dragon (Flight capable)
Power: *blank*
Explain power: God almighty, application guy... I'm a soldier, not a freaking librarian... I don't have the time to be telling you about or explaining my power. Plus, what fun will it be if I tell you what I can do?
Family status: [ ] Married [ ] Divorced [ ] Widowed [X] Orphan
Siblings: One... Unfortunately...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Writing on the back*
Dear whoever and ever...

I am a teenager. I am also capable of picking off a squad of Shock Troopers one by one from halfway across the Calypsa District. I've seen all kinds of things. Troika, Ancient ruins, the bottom of a well... Anyway, I see no reason why the authorities (who have me in custody by the way) want me to attend your school. No reason at all. The only good thing coming of it is that I get my rifle and ammo back...

-Kiaran
PS: I am a bit of a rebel if you haven't noticed.
SerafinoDragonTamer

Postby SuperVaderMan on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:04 pm

I'm assuming you have a second post in mind? Something to get the RP moving? You've successfully introduced your character, but haven't done much in explaining the setting or setting things up so other players can post.

Are the future students in a waiting room of somekind? Are they on their way to the school? It would help to ask these sorts of questions, and to give the other players direction.

A good start, you just have to keep in mind that other people plan to play this as well, and that they need a little something from you, the GM, to help them visualize your world so that their character can properly interact with it

I haven't ever run an RP before, but as a player, this is the advice I can offer. Maybe I'm wrong. Can someone else who HAS run an RP here give me a hand? :lol:

(And here's a little nitpick. Keep in mind that people in this universe aren't aware of their roles as "Dreamkeepers," nor are they aware of the existance of Nightmares. So you might wanna reconsider your character's shirt. That is, assuming this RP is keeping canon in mind.)
SuperVaderMan

Postby Ookamisuke on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:19 pm

The setting? High School. If I wasn't feeling like I just ate a bowl of Grunn soup (AKA, I'm sick), I'd draw up a map. i can draw maps no problem, I just suck at everything else.

As for how students apply, you put your application in this thread, I PM you with a response letter, and then you make a post. That's my current system. Honestly, I didn't expect this much itnerest this soon. o.o
Ookamisuke

---------

Next

Return to Headless room.