Dream Keepers game?

Help Dreamkeepers grow! Share your promotional ideas, or collaborate with other readers.

Dream Keepers game?

Postby Tigbun on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:34 am

I have been reading the comic for a while now and see a lot of potential for some sort of pen and paper, board, or card game. The theme and the world are excellent, and the character are unforgettable. As a game designer I wouldn't mind trying to bounce some ideas off the community and creators on what kind of game they would like to see matched with the comic.

Lets hear some idea! :3
I'll work hard to produce something and play around with it before anything official.
Tigbun

Re: Dream Keepers game?

Postby Althis on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:18 am

Interesting you mention that. I have just started working on something. PM me and we shall talk.
Althis

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:13 pm

There's been a few attempts at something but no one has tried to get together and do something yet >>.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Tigbun on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:09 pm

Well if I could hear from the community and staff about what kind of game they would like I could start drafting it out. I am committed in trying to make a project and finish it. And I would like to note that this isn't about running a game based on it, but making a legit book or boxed game.
Tigbun

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:23 am

There were about 2 or 3 projects going at one time, I was supposed to help with one of them but that one kind of faded away. So as far as I know there are no active projects going on. I'm willing to help out some with maybe programming but Art wise... I can't do.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Avolendi on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:20 am

I'd like to help brainstorming, but first we need to narrow down on what are possible directions. There are still too many directions this can go, which makes it harder to think of anything concrete. When asking someone to think of ánything and you tend to end up getting stuck with a few ideas and keep repeating those. Related to that "don't think of a pink elephant". For future reference.

The best step now is probably to see which existing genres/games are interesting to base a DK game on. Tigbun, if you have any preferences in this, feel free to mention that, since if you want to lead this idea/project, you need to like it ^^

I'll name some genres/games and that comes to mind, feel free to deviate or expand on any of this. This is just to get some ideas and comments rolling. Although it would be the most interesting if we can add as many concepts from DK into the game, like Powers and Nightmares, that's not mandatory. I also think it's irrelevant whether something will be a mod or a totally new game. Why reinvent a concept when something perfectly fine already exists?

- (Cardgame/Combat)
Like Magic the Gathering, there are even some fanmade cards that could be applicable (on dA).
- (Boardgame)
Like Game of the Goose? Maybe something more complex?
- (RPG/Adventure)
- (Shooter)
Like Quake or such. Instead of actually fighting, such a base could be used to create a hide and seek game or something else. Would be a mod and not easy to do.
Maybe I'll try to create a (very) low poly model of a district to see how it would look to create a maze of streets and alleys.
- (Platformer)
- (Racing game)
- (Puzzle game)
- (? Other)
Avolendi

Postby ezioauditore97 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Sounds interesting!
ezioauditore97

Postby Jyrico on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 am

Avolendi wrote:There are still too many directions this can go, which makes it harder to think of anything concrete... Why reinvent a concept when something perfectly fine already exists?

I agree entirely, I will admit I have no experience with video game construction but that would be amazing.

What I immediately thought of was table-top roleplaying games. Anduruna is an incredibly rich environment that's just begging to be explored, I know I want to see more of it. This wouldn't necessarily be marketable at all, but could be tons of fun! Then you could use your own character with his own physical traits, powers, dispositions, quirks, the whole kit and kaboodle. Your characters abilities could be moderated by the Game Master so that they could be whatever you wanted while still being balanced.

There are a million extensions to Dungeons and Dragons all the time, it would be pretty awesome to create one for Anduruna!
Jyrico

Postby ezioauditore97 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:07 pm

Good idea!The more we share this ,the bigger the fanbase will be so since a big fanbase is needed for a game,anime,or just helping the community grow.
ezioauditore97

Postby A-Fox-Of-Fanfiction on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Tigbun wrote:I have been reading the comic for a while now and see a lot of potential for some sort of pen and paper, board, or card game. The theme and the world are excellent, and the character are unforgettable. As a game designer I wouldn't mind trying to bounce some ideas off the community and creators on what kind of game they would like to see matched with the comic.

Lets hear some idea! :3
I'll work hard to produce something and play around with it before anything official.

I like the idea here...though personally what I'd really like to see is a videogame adaption of Dreamkeepers. Hell I even had a dream about one once (seriously, though in my dream it was pretty much like Street Fighter as far as gameplay went. If there was a DK game I'd hope that whoever's playing could design the main character of the game in a vein similar to the Saints Row series.
A-Fox-Of-Fanfiction

---------

Next

Return to DK Volunteer Army