Darkness Falls (OOC)

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Darkness Falls (OOC)

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:01 am

Hey guys. You know the old saying "3rd times the charm." ? Well.. we will soon find out. Base plot of the r.p is still the same as the last one. Only some minor changes here and there. For reference, click on the link here. outcast-rp-ooc-new-t1141.html

So... the r.p will start latest by next month. Earliest, before the end of the month. Start posting your bios! Darkness is coming.
SilverPredatorWolf

Re: Darkness Falls (OOC)

Postby Reed R Gale on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:48 am

Umbra Arc

Appearance: Black scaled lizard-like dreamkeeper with piercing yellow eyes. He is regularly seen wearing a black turtleneck and a black shorts with 4 pockets. Has an unusually short tongue for a lizard.

Back-story: Umbra is a gambler by nature, though he hates putting things on bad odds or luck, and regularly finds ways to work around rules. He grew up in a normal family, save for one thing: his father went to the "gambling facility" regularly, and won regularly. He never used the money he earned however, and instead it got allocated... elsewhere. Umbra has never been able to get his father to tell him where it goes. But, he did get him to teach him how to manipulate odds and bend rules to his favor. Currently, he's wandering from place to place gambling and then keeping just enough money to stay alive.

Halo: Gold

Power: Forbidden Game

When Umbra activates his power, everyone and everything within 250 foot radius is transported... somewhere. All Umbra knows about this place is normal time doesn't pass there. Then he can dictate three rules, a time limit, and stakes if he so chooses. Both sides must follow these rules, and when the time limit ends, they are transported back and Umbra cannot use his power again for another day.

Notes:
-If someone is on the edge of the power's range and only half of the person is to be transported, they WILL appear a few feet further so that all of them is transported.

-Breaking rules transports the dreamkeeper away by default. They appear back in the place they were taken from 12 hours later.

-No once can move or activate powers until Umbra sets rules and a time limit, but he only has 5 minutes to do so before his power ends automatically.

-Umbra can't make any movements himself in the 5 minutes save for moving his mouth to voice rules.

-Rules cannot automatically counteract themselves making people lose. If Umbra tries this, the power will automatically cancel and no one will win or lose.

-All these consequences must be explained before any game in the time directly after setting rules.

-Umbra cannot play with a being that cannot cognitively think

-The field that the game is played on is determined by the people inside the field.

-Unless specifically specified, if a bet is placed, it is ADDED to the default effect.

-When betting the prize is given to the winner upon leaving the field.

-With Umbra's will, when setting rules, Umbra can make certain things happen or appear, however he cannot summon anything directly dangerous.

-The game must be possible for both sides to win.

-Rules cannot specifically give any player an advantage. (Rule: Umbra starts with 102093842 points) If Umbra tries this, he is lost in his aether for 12 hours in punishment.

I made him on a whim. If you see any loopholes in his power, let me know. Please.
Last edited by Reed R Gale on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reed R Gale

Postby Halo's shadow on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:18 am

Ah! Good to see it going again! Maybe we'll keep it up this time. I'm going to skip using Tuesday again, because the dreamworld history is a tad more obscure than I originally thought.

Name: Mira West

Appearance: Mira is roughly 5'6" with a slight build. Stronger than she looks, she can tote around large rifles with little obvious effort. She is an anthropomorphic arctic fox with fluffy white fur covering her entire body. She has long blond hair and light blue eyes. She wears a set of light armor similar in design to a shock-troopers.

History: Mira is a mercenary to be blunt. She is with a company that specializes in protecting travelers from the outer wall of Anduruna to the other cities located within the dreamworld. Currently on leave for an extended period of time, she has a permit for a small springer sidearm as a mercenary contractor. She doesn't know her father, and her mother died when she was a teenager. Mira was taken in by one of the companies mercs after a unfortunate accident with her power. She learned she had a natural aptitude for marksmanship, and has been in that role combat-wise ever since.

Power: Halo/white
Strong nuclear force (this is going to be a little refined from my last description)

A simple explanation of her power is the ability to split the atom. She can however, negate the force released during the normal process of atomic fission, and let the atoms simply dissolve into hydrogen. Conversely, she can also allow a large chain reaction to occur in any material, resulting in a thermonuclear blast. However, she is limited in this option due to the comparatively short distance her power must operate within. (say a couple hundred yards) Activating her power requires a considerable amount of exertion, and once it's up, she mist expend even more energy upon her target. As with muscles, the exertion will lessen with use and time, but in times of extreme emotional stress, her power may run rampant and out of control. One can see the implication of such a loss. But, she has only lost control once, as a teenager, and is a stable woman who has been in deadly situations levelly. She is unlikely to ever lose control again.
Halo's shadow

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:38 am

Good to see the both of you again!^^

Hopefully this r.p won't end up like the last two ><

Reed is helping me with running the r.p . Any thing you guys want please contact me or reed.

Thanks for joining guys!^^ Could not have ask for a better group to r.p with ^^
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Reed R Gale on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:54 am

Totally didn't know I was helping to run, but I accept the role anyway. xD
Reed R Gale

Postby Halo's shadow on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:55 pm

I think it'll work out great. I'm willing to help out in any way I can.
Halo's shadow

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Thanks guys! Your the best!^^

Any ideas for the r.p, please p.m it. Don't want any spoilers here do we? XD
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Kailash on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:02 am

Heya guys. Been a while, hasn't it :P
So as a few of you might know/remember, I helped run the second one, untill my pc started messing up, and i got into exam week. by the time it was fixed, and i was able to get out of the books, I'd fallen behind miles far on the RP, and I didn't really spend as much time on DK forums as before, as I still had to do some projects at the end of the year.
So I've still been talking to silver occasionally on Steam, and he'd told me that this one'd be starting.
So that's why I decided to join in again, since this time (Hopefully) my PC shouldn't be breaking down anymore, and I don't have to worry about exams either :P

Anyways, good to back, I'll be writing a Bio here :D
Kailash

Postby Reed R Gale on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:04 pm

I have no idea who you are but you seem cool :D

Welcome back!
Reed R Gale

Postby Kailash on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Reed R Gale wrote:I have no idea who you are but you seem cool :D

Welcome back!

Rofololz, but thanks, I suppose :P

So, after some miserable attempts.....at attempting to even start to write this, it's finally Bio time :D

~~

Full name: Kazuma Inukai (Generally called King Kazma)

Sex: Male

Height: 1M 98, or 6' 5.95"

Species: Anthropomorphic European Rabbit

Genotype*: White, long-eared with brown spots at the end of his ears, and brown stripes on his
back. He has medium length blonde hair. Digitigrade legs, and long arms. Eyes are a deep, dark
Bordeaux red. Head is shaped
forward like a normal rabbit's, instead of being shaped like a human's (Like most Dreamkeepers
in the comics).

Phenotype*: Red body warmer, casual jeans, and white shoes along with a black martial arts belt. He also wears red gloves, with 2 metal stumps on each, and he has goggles.

Personality: Often very serious, leading people to think of him as rather distant of friends or
family, whilst this is definitely not the case. He will go through utter suicidal risks to help anyone
dear to him, and people that know him well know that he cares a lot for his family and friends. He
can quite easily get frustrated if something won't work, or if someone's being a nuisance. People
generally leave him alone, as most are aware that they'll end up in a hospital in no-time if he's
pissed off.

Hobbies: 10th Dan in Jiujitsu, and 8th Dan in Taekwondo, he's been in martial arts since he was 8
years old. He loves mountain regions, and often spends time hiking or camping in the Starfall
Mountains, along with some friends of his.

Family: 1 younger brother (Age 12), who lives with his mother (age 48). His dad has gone missing
8 years ago. Other than that he doesn't have many other relatives, except his grandparents. He
currently lives on his own, in a western part of the Norvondire district, though he doesn't always
spend his time at that place. He often resides with friends in other parts of Andurana.

History: He lived in a middle-class family in the Norvondire District, close to the Starfall Mountains.
When he was 11 years old, his father went hiking in the Starfall Mountains. He said he'd be back
in 3 days, and he was going with some friends. 2 days after that, his friends were found
unconscious, but his dad, nor any of his belongings were found. It was already considered odd
that his friend's platinum watch, or any of the valuables from his friend weren't stolen, but all the
belongings of his dad were, even though there only should have been camping equipment and
some food in there. Though a search was started, after 2 weeks, the authority gave up the
search, and there wasn't much his family could do about it.
During a championship of mixed martial arts, he mispelled his name, accidentally writing Kazma.
After he won the championship, he has since been most known as King Kazma.

Job: He currently works for several companies, as a Website designer. This allows him to work
wherever he desires, as he only needs his own info-scroll, which he reprogrammed to add several
functions.

Power: Electric Manipulation; He can control slight static charges in the air or from his own body.
He only found out about his powers during a fight, when he ended up hospitalizing someone after
he'd broken a rib, and shocked him into cardiac arrest. He has since tried to practice using his
powers during private martial arts practice, but he hasn't been able to do anything more than
give off a slight shock, as if you were touching a electrical fence.

Halo: Bordeaux-red.

~~

So I beleive that's everything, but I'm forgetful as hell on a daily basis, so don't be surprised if like 40% is still missing :P
also, for anyone that doesn't know, for the *'s, Genotype is all physical body appearances, and Pheontype is one's behavior, or own looks like clothing, or piercings/whatnot.
also, way simpler, here's a pic of the char:

Or just take a look at my profile pic :D

*sigh, ofcourse, i knew it. I did forget something, but i've edited it in already :D Edit #2 :p
**Yeap, a day later, and i remembered yet another part. Edit # ...I lost track..
Kailash

---------

Next

Return to Headless room.