Darkness Falls (I.C) Chapter 2: Decisions Decisions (NC 17

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: Darkness Falls (I.C) Chapter 2: Decisions Decisions (NC 17

Postby Wreckeronezero on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:35 am

Within seconds of settling at the workbench Sov had already started working on creating more ammo for his rifle to replace the amount he went through at the bar. He was compressing the spring for the cartridge when he heard Ann call Arcanas her dad. His head twisted around and he stood up.

"Wait what?!"

Arcanas was Anns dad? How the hell did he not know this? he had read through everything on the both of them and never saw even the slightest connection. He stayed quiet until Mira spoke.

"Dont worry about the security troops, and I agree on weaponry, I was planning on making a few toys, we arent allowed to build our own stuff in our armory so ive had quite a few designs collecting dust"
Wreckeronezero

Location: Washington D.C. Defending the WhiteHouse from Scrin forces alongside GDI forces.

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:07 am

As Arcanas waited for an answer, Ann gave him a hug and told him how great full she is. Arcanas smiled and pats her head before she excused herself and heads up to her room as the rest came down to the armoury one by one. As they walked around the armoury and some left and others are examining the weapons Arcanas type a command into the computer and the floor at the center of the room parts showing a flight of stairs leading down into the dark. Arcanas heads for the stairs and down into the dark.

5 minutes later he came up with a large jar and place it on the table. Inside the jar is an unknown creature which looked like it was dried up and put into the jar to be used for later. Arcanas than walked up to the computer and input some commands and the screen shows a wall painting with a group of dreamkeepers on the right and a black figure on the left. Along with smaller creatures around it. The smaller creatures in the painting bears a eerie resemblance to the thing in the jar.

"The painting you see on the wall is dated either during, before or after the last war of powers. That is the only given estimate as it is likely older than that. It was found behind a wall of a temple near the starfall mountains. The temple itself is empty on the outside. But behind the wall was a stairs leading down. This is what was found. Other than some bones and ancient weapons. For some unknown reason they wanted to seal the temple up after they are done. We got word of it and were sent down to grab anything we can before they seal the place up. But by the time we got there the people who found the temple were dead. Cause of death unknown. We reported back to HQ about what we found and were told to avoid touching the bodies and grab what ever we can and disappear from there. The death was never on the news nor was there any mention of a temple."

Arcanas opens the jar and gently pulled out the creature.

"You wanted proof. Here it is. This is a preserved body of a nightmare called "The Sandman". This is considered the weakest of the nightmares but if your not care full it can kill you very easily."

Arcanas picks up a cloth and gently lay the body on it.

"You guys can take a closer look if you want. We are moving out at 0 hour. Rest up, arm up and for those who are following me I need to find a gas mask for you. We are heading to Zoe's place by the sewer system. With what we are carrying we will get spotted to easily if we travel by the surface."
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Thegunner18 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:56 pm

"One and a half hours? Right, thanks." Soren nodded once in acknowledgement and sighed quietly. He was exasperated that they'd need to spend such a long time outside at night; it was going to be cold. Very cold. He tried his best to mask that feeling, though. How well he was doing, he didn't know, but luckily Mira gave him a chance to change the subject.

"Y'know, no one has actually told me what happened at the bar yet..." The geologist trailed off, pausing for a moment. He briefly glanced around at everyone and changed his mind. "In fact...I'd rather not have more things on my mind." Perhaps now wasn't the best time to be delving into those things. "A story for around the fireplace, maybe?"

Soren hoped Mira wouldnt come and bite his head off for some reason now that he'd said that.

Just when he thought things were calming down a bit, out comes Arcanas with his wildcard. A dead nightmare. Or at least, that's what Arc said it was. He'd never actually seen one before. He'd only theorised and read about descriptions of them in historical scripts. His interest had been piqued.

"Arc...you have to let me run a few tests on this little guy." Soren's gaze never left the nightmare's corpse. Why hadn't he been told about this nightmare earlier? He could have already learned so much! The emotions Soren could feel we're a weird mix: excitement and anger. Excitement at the fact they had a real nightmare in front of them, but anger because Arc had been hiding it for so long.

"You shouldn't have kept this hidden from me, Arc; I could have done so much with it already!" Soren slowly shook his head a couple of times, stepping back from the corpse. "But...it's here now. I need some time with it." Soren stated in a vehement tone. He didn't care what the others thought about it.
Thegunner18

Postby Wreckeronezero on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Sov recognised the temple but kept his mouth shut, he would speak to Arcanas about it privately later. He was very suprised when Arcanas managed to have preserved a dead nightmare, they were having trouble with that in the council.

"Arc, you'll have to fill me in later on how you preserved that."

Sov nodded when Arcanas brought up gasmasks.

"If you'll let me take a look at your gasmasks and a few spare datascrolls I can modify them like what we use, they'll be much more useful."

He went back and sat down at the workbench for a second before turning around.

"Oh, and some flashlights would be nice too."
Wreckeronezero

Location: Washington D.C. Defending the WhiteHouse from Scrin forces alongside GDI forces.

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Arcanas knew Soren is going to get upset and explained to him that most of the members do not even knew about this as it's only the four senior members of the team were picked for the mission due to it's sensitivity. After that he attended to Sov's question and explained that since the room is very dry, the room itself dried the body up and at the same time got the equipment that he requested.

Once it was zero hour, the members heading to Zoe's placed are gathered in the arena area of the armoury as Arcanas sets up their equipment and sync their on board computers to each others and taught them how to change their vision modes and other functions. Each of them are given a modified version of the shock troops springer rifle. It's shorter as it's made for indoor use, the rounds it fired is double the size due to the distance it travel to hit its target it wont get much force compared to when fire over a longer distance. But it's accuracy is just as good because 60% of the barrel is now inside the gun itself. There for giving it a sawn off barrel look. Everyone is given 6 clips off ammo a modified side arm pistol that has a full auto fire capability and 6 clips for it as well.

Arcanas than gave each of them a small medical kit and starts to brief them on what to do in an emergency among other things. Once it was done, Arcanas opened the door to the sewers located behind a hidden wall on the far side of the arena and waited for everyone to exist before sealing the door behind them. He than opens the map of the sewer system on a holo device and projects it on the wall and asked Cyprus where Zoe lived.

Lathena, in the mean time looked at Mira.

"Well... do you want to start in the morning? Cause I think we might have to go on site as there is no recorded on who has the book anywhere online."
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Wreckeronezero on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:02 am

Sov waited for Arcanas to finish handing out gear before he turned towards everyone.

"Aside from everything Arcanas just explained to you ive modified everyones gasmask with a built in heads up display similar to the ones we use, however due to the technical limitations of the datascrolls i had to convert into the HUDs I was only able to get it to show the direction your facing, the time, the temperature, and have it place an onscreen marker above everyones head with your names. You all also have a flashlight mounted on either side of your gasmask incase your visor modes fail."

Sov switched out the weapons Arcanas gave him with his old ones before exiting the armory and looking at the map projected on the wall.
Wreckeronezero

---------

Previous

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...