Darkness Falls (I.C) Chapter 2: Decisions Decisions (NC 17

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: Darkness Falls (I.C) Chapter 2: Decisions Decisions (NC 17

Postby Thegunner18 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Soren closed his eyes for a moment to collect his thoughts and to let his frustrations die down. He didn't want anger to cloud his opinions on anything. A few seconds later, he opened his eyes and looked towards Sov. He hadn't noticed, but he had subconsciously grabbed a tight hold of the datascroll in his pocket, perhaps as a way to vent his own annoyance at the situation.

"Sov, you aren't helping much. If you want us to go and save Zoe, then just be patient. We need to look before we leap on this. I know it's hard, but...It's best for everyone. Especially if we're dealing with nightmares."
Thegunner18

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:30 am

With questions being shot left and right and Sov telling everyone who the murder suspect is Arcanas just signed.

Lathena rolled her eyes.

"Now you know why he kept it a secret from the start. If he were to out right told you that we are after a nightmare more than half of you wont be here now."

"Lathena. I'll take it from here. If you want prove the best I can give you is someone saw it kill the latest victim. That's all I'm saying about it. Our target is the black book written by first race that encountered the nightmares. We need that book to know which type we are dealing with. Rushing in without any information and we are in for a **** storm."

Arcanas reopened the wall to the armoury.

"Those of you who want to follow me to Zoe's place head down to the armoury. The rest of you can follow Lathena to look for the book."

"You going to make the call?"

"Leave it to me."

Arcanas heads down to the armoury and turned on the computer and has it sent out a scrambled signal.
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Terminal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Power use, armor, nightmares, books...this was getting crazy. Now, Cyprus wasn't one to be concerned with danger, but if he even used his power he'd be locked away for all eternity and silenced for three days after. Not his dream life. He'd rather be in his house drinking some fruit punch and fermentae along with a good book and the occasional explosion. Oh, and sleep. Sleep was his favorite thing besides eating food.

"Okay, let's all just keep our guns out of peoples faces, powers under wraps and yelling to a minimum."

Nightmares? Those things were the devil incarnate, made up for kids to do what their parents told em. If they were real, Then things had gotten quite serious, but logic was saying that they weren't real, and so things were only mildly serious.

"I concur that we should find Zoe, but Nightmares? Seriously? Don't kill the non-believer, but those things are the product of kids imagination and parents need to keep the kids in line."

Cyprus turned to Arcy-poo. While things had gone from weird to insane, Arcy had managed to stay...calm? collected? snapped and gone down to looneyville? Okay, trust was a thing Cyprus had in abundance and would only keep giving it till he was in danger of his life. He was quite fond of living. it had grown on him.

"I'm going down to your 'Armory' not because i believe in this Nightmare BS, but cause I'm the only on here who reliably knows how to get to her place."

And with that final comment, down he descended. Hopefully, he was right about all this Nightmare stuff, cause if he wasn't...well...things could get quite interesting. not the good kind of interesting either.
Terminal

Postby Halo's shadow on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Mira snapped her head to Soren, 

"You think I'm being hotheaded NOW? Wait until I really get mad, then we'll talk!" She looked to Sov as he gave an outburst about nightmares and doing SOMETHING. She gestured wildy,

"Thank SPIRITS someone here will give me a straight answer!" She contemplated for a moment the implications. She wasn't quite convinced, especially since Arcanas had only one viewing of the nightmare or whatever it is...

"How are you so sure it isn't someone totally off their rocker, and using their power? And if this is true, then why haven't the EssTee's noticed it?"

But now he was going typical Arcanas, and leave as if everyone should follow behind him like trained nekos. Zoe had been gone for what? A day? She DID have somewhere else to live, she probably had gotten sick of the place.

"Look. If you can PROVE it's nightmare, I won't give you anymore trouble, but if all the bedtime stories are true, what makes you think a book and a small amount of combat personnel are going to do ANYTHING against monsters?" The last question was kinda aimed at everyone in general, the last thing that needed to happen was for everyone to charge blindly, as out of sync as it seemed for Mira, when up spoke of conspiracies and nightmares, you could attract lots of unwanted attention, especially if the whole thing were true....

If it were true.. The egghead seemed pretty convinced, and it worried her. He was possibly the most levelheaded of the entire bunch of misfits. But she found herself agreeing with Cyprus annoyingly enough, he was skeptical as well..

Fantastic...
Halo's shadow

Postby Wreckeronezero on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Sov turned and looked at Mira.

"The security troopers arent doing anything about this because its council jurisdiction, they would be executed for interfering"

He followed Soren and Arcanas down to the armory.

"I understand not believing, I didnt believe in them either until i saw an entire squad get ripped limb from limb infront of me"

A quick flashback made him visibly shudder.

"I never doubted their existence after that."

When they entered the armory he quickly looked around before heading off towards a workbench in the corner of the room.

"Okay, im a happy camper, you guys go work on a plan, I think that i'll just hang out here for a bit..."
Wreckeronezero

Location: Washington D.C. Defending the WhiteHouse from Scrin forces alongside GDI forces.

Postby Riftun on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:18 pm

Ann had no honest idea what to think at this time. People wildly throwing about accusations about nightmares, just about everyone yelling, Zoe missing and likely kidnapped, not to mention the data scroll the jackal/rat still held, yet unread and the fact that Ann was still coated in someone else's blood, whose it was the dreamkeeper had absolutely no idea. Eventually it began to just seem like too much for the young 'keeper and Ann decided to begin to retreat into the bedroom that Mira shared with the jackal/rat. Being told that nightmares were attacking? It was unbelievable! Really the equivalent of trying to hunt down the boggy man.

Ann sighed and began to scroll through the data scroll with dulled eyes. In a moment, however, that would all change as Ann's big golden eyes widened like saucers as a dawning realization of what this was occurred to the young 'keeper and Ann tossed the scroll aside and darted downstairs as fast as possible diamond tears rolling down the 'keeper's cheeks.

The grey jackal/rat made straight for the armory and upon seeing Arc, flung bodily at him collapsing into his chest and sobbing. "Whatever you need me for. . . I'm here to help. . . Dad."
Riftun

Postby Thegunner18 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:55 pm

Well wasn't this all a whole lot of laughs? Soren could only smile a little and raise his eyebrows as he turned away from Mira. It was clear that she didn't particularly want to be told what to do. He guessed that was what you got from a woman who spent a lot of her free time with guns and explosives.

"I'd rather not." The wolf muttered under his breath in response to Mira's first comment to him whilst walking towards the armoury. Before he could leave the room completely, however, he stopped in his tracks, looking over his shoulder.

"It's about the quality of the preparation, not the quantity of people involved." Soren turned to Mira fully. "...Which is why I kinda hope we get to see one of them when we go to Zoe's house; It'll be nice to know if they have a weakness to anything." He shrugged and stuck his hands into his pockets. "Call me crazy if you want."

Soren made his way out of the room and down to the armoury relatively quickly, partly so that Mira couldn't say anything to doubt him. It seemed that Sov was happy to be left to his own devices, so that was fine. They just needed to work on how they were going to effectively deal with any threats at Zoe's house.

"Okay, Arc, let's look at the more obv-"

Was Soren just seeing things? Maybe the work was making him insane after all, but...did Ann just...? Eh?

"What does she mean by 'dad'? What the hell is going on? Shouldn't Ann be resting anyway? And aren't we supposed to be-Oh, actually, screw that, I'll just leave you two for a moment."

He turned on his heels and once again stuck his hands into his pockets. "So, Cyprus...how long do you reckon it'll take for us to get to Zoe's house? Not all of us are as comfortable with all that rooftop running as you are."
Thegunner18

Postby Terminal on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:36 pm

la de da, just looking at armor and weapons, random interuptions from people, small keeper, arcy-poo, dad, wait...WHAT? Backtracking...Ann just called the Arcy-poo Dad. Things here were gettin weird. Sooner or later the butler was gonna start calling Cyprus dad. Fluffy-McGrumpypants would be calling Sov dad! imagination, calm down. no need for crazy thinking right now.

"Say what? oh, travel and such. Uh...should be within an hour and a half if we take it slow and keep to the walkways."

Nethers, what had he gotten himself into? Cyprus was a happy guy, he hadn't gotten into much trouble. Usually. So he tossed rocks on people heads and made terrible jokes and such, no need for him to be killed by the troopers or the Imaginary nightmares.
Terminal

Postby Halo's shadow on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Mira followed the rest of them into the armory, muttering to herself. She stepped in and was about to make a rant when Ann hugged Arcanas and called him 'dad'. Her train of thought was derailed, and her already irrational hatred of the 'keeper multiplied tenfold, and her emotional state went reeling.

It figured  really, get close to someone, then they hurt you, always. It happen with her dad, her mom, happy, and now Ann. It was over. She didn't allow any tears, that was weak, pathetic, something she shouldn't have done even with Ann. No, from now on, there would be no crying, no hate, nothing. Mira would do her job, and do it well, enjoying every bit of it.

When she finally spoke, after collecting herself, her voice was calm, but icy, and had very little emotion woven into the words,

"For Ann's and the rest of the non-com's sake, I'll go along. But if we're loading for bear, and Arcanas doesn't know where we're going, how are we supposed to stay under the EssTee's radar? And another thing, since I trust Sov the most out of your little group of buddies, I'll take him at his word. I'll assume the nightmares are real, and I can tell you, we probably won't want to go anywhere near one of them without bringing enough ordinance to take out the towers."

She took stock of the armory, and since she figured the arrogant ******* was letting everyone have their pick, she grabbed a smallish looking rifle and examined it, checking for its model.

"And one last thing, if we're taking Cyprus, he should know how to defend himself if a ficus foxtrot happens. I don't want a repeat of the bar."

------------

The wolf calmly switched on the light in the small room he was in. A small simian 'keeper was strapped to the rickety chair in the center of the light,

"Y'know, I asked you like a gentleman. You spat in my face. Now what kinda response is that?" He stepped closer, and the other 'keeper's head lolled. The wolf slapped him hard across the face, making him gasp and jerk,

"I didn't hit ya that hard kid! Stick with me, and I may not have to hurt you as much as I want to." He then pulled up another chair and sat in it, stirring a small pile of coals that he had grabbed from the local outdoors store, which sold barbecue materials. The coals glowed, and the iron he had in it was cherry red. The simian whimpered, and said,

"Oh spirits, man! I don't know what you want I swear! D-don't!" The wolf smiled and said,

"You know, and you see, I know that you know. But I don't know WHAT you know. So stop the bull****, and get talking. Start from where we left off. You worked for the sunshades, the gang. They had a raid a long time ago and were scattered. You were just a kid then, but I need to know who did the raid." 

"I-I don't know... I SWEAR! OH SPIRITS NOO AAAGGHH!!!" The wolf had stood and grabbed the iron, and set it on the other 'keeper's leg for a minute. He let up, and the simian's screams fell into silent whimpers.

"Your father is the leader of the sunshades. You're in line to inherit the title. You've set up a hotel in almost the exact manner, WHO DID YOUR FATHER TELL YOU TO WATCH FOR?!" 

The young man groaned,

"M-'mercer's mercs... They were the ones who ordered the hit... My dad's bosses were sooo angry." The wolf's ears perked,

"I wasn't aware the sunshades were being led by a higher power. Who were they." The simian got a fearful look in his eye, one of absolute desperation,

"No! Don't make me tell you! They'll kill me! Or worse!" He shuddered and broke down, crying. The wolf stood and grabbed him by the chin,

"Who was your father's boss?!" The simian blinked through tears,

"I-I can't remember well, but there was one night... T-there was this shadow, and it wanted my dad.... I looked into it's eyes.. Oh spirits.. It's eyes...." He then fell into a blubbering mess, crying for his mother. The wolf let him go and kicked over the chair, making the other 'keeper's head hit the hard floor. Silence fell, and the wolf stepped out into the bright sunlight outside, blinking to adjust.

There was no doubt. The kid had described what he assumed was a nightmare. The wolf checked a scroll in his pocket.

Wrong date... So what's going on? He thought. He searched for the company the kid had given him, and decided he would find his answers there. Mercers mercs.
Halo's shadow

Postby Riftun on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:27 am

No one noticed Ann smirking in Arc's arms before the young 'keeper pulled away then smiled sweetly up at Arc. "Thank you so much for this! I. . .I've always been so lost and alone without my family and now I'm at home finally! Really I'm ready to train under you and fight these things. If you say there are nightmares I believe you and I want to fight them! Right alongside you at the most important moments. So what do ya say we get out there and fight ourselves some nightmares?" Ann nodded enthusiastically and clenched a fist up in the air as if to chant victory before the jackal/rat spun around and began walking toward the exit of the armory.

For a moment Ann's hand seemed to grasp at Mira's tail but stopped at the last second having only lightly brushed against it. Ann stopped for just a second and looked nervously backwards giggling with embarrassment. "Sorry 'bout that hand slipped. I'm headed up to my room Pops I got some stuff to take care of real quick!" And with that Ann darted out of the armory and rounded the corner, sticking sharp claws into pale grey tufts of fur on Ann's hands and burying into the skin, drawing a slight bit of blood and cursed under a breath, "Nice try little *****, you had your chance it's my show now. . . try something again I'll bite your tongue right off." And with that Ann took a deep breath. Composed. And headed back upstairs. No one would notice the small amount of extra blood not when the 'keeper was already coated in Ricky's.
Riftun

---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...