Darkness Falls (I.C) Chapter 2: Decisions Decisions (NC 17

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: Darkness Falls (I.C) Chapter 2: Decisions Decisions (NC 17

Postby Halo's shadow on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:10 am

Mira was seething. She didn't know what it was about Arcanas that made her relish the thought of mutilating him in many different ways, but his general attitude was a good place to start looking.

"I'll ignore the f*cking fact that I'm not your little soldier in your secret society, and tell you exactly what happened!" She spat angrily, she stood with her left hand clenching and unclenching, and her right on the handle of her springer. She was still fresh from the fight, and sprits she needed to hurt something.

"The problem, IS WHEN CIVILIANS INTERFERE!" Her voice rose until she was shouting, angry at herself for just letting Arc happily pull strings along with his best bud the slimy lizard, angry at Ann for making things extra difficult, angry at Luna for trying to babysit and causing more problems, angry at Umbra.... For no apparent reason, but that was close enough for Mira.

"Every damn time noncombatants try to get in the way something goes wrong! Not to mention your 'babysitter' was a loose cannon in a fight, and needed your pet lizard to calm down!" Her mind was trying to piece together everything, and she decided to just go out with it,

"I'm done with the spirits damned games! Who the hell are you and what are you planning!?" She had tightened her grip on the springer, and was gesturing wildly with her left hand, the soldier in her wished she was wearing her armor, but it was ignored, she could fend well enough.
Halo's shadow

Postby Thegunner18 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Talk about snapping someone out of their train of thought! Mira had done just that, and rather violently, Soren noted. His eyes darted over to the mercenary. He was mortified to see that she had her hand gripped tightly around the springer. How much of a loose cannon was she? Whatever the case was, Soren wasn't going to stand idly by.

He seriously needed to know what the f*ck was going on in their little group 'outing'.

"Hey, hey! Mira, just put the springer on the ground. Please. I'd rather this didn't turn into a battleground...and what the hell has made you flip out like this?" The wolf had his out in front of him as he cautiously edged towards Mira. "We can talk about this."
Thegunner18

Postby Riftun on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:27 am

n awoke suddenly and violently with a wild and panicked scream, sweat pouring down the jackal/rat's face. After a few moments of heavey breaths Ann slid over the side of the bed, ears pressed down against the poor jackal/rat's head. Slowly, Ann's golden eyes, filled with a mixture of confusion and fear, turned to Lathena. "Wh-what happened? And why am I covered in blood?" Ann couldn't help but shiver at then nnext thought, "Oh spirits is everyone okay?!"

The blood soaked 'keeper wasn't even able to wait for Lathena's explanation before a ruckus from outside perked the jackal/rats giant ears. Ann could recognize the shouting anywhere, it had to be Mira but she sounded more pissed off than usual and the panicked sounds of others clued Ann in that this was serious. With a quick glance to Lathena that said, follow me, before rushing out of the room like a rat outa hell.

The sight that greeted Ann upon leaving the room was chaotic and, Ann had to admit a little scary, though the 'keeper was glad and relieved to see everyone still alive and well but the present situation was very disconserting. With Mira waving her springer about like a crazy woman at Arc, Ann suddenly felt an overwhelming protective urge rush over the young dreamkeeper's entire being and the jackal/rat knew what to do. I a flash Ann stepped between Arc and Mira, facing Mira and lowering to the point where Mira's springer pointed square against Ann's skull as the jackal/rat stared straight into Mira's eyes. "Mira, look I have no idea what's going on, I dont even know why I'm cobered in blood right now butwe aren't shooting Arc, not unless you can shoot through me first. So let's put the springer down and talk about this. . . Now where is Ricky?"
Riftun

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:27 am

As Arcanas checked on Luna, Umbra went to a nearby couch and lay down just as Soren ask if anyone knows how to get to Zoes place and Cyprus said he knew the way.

Arcanas was just about to say something when Mira snapped and gave a very short run down on what had happened at the bar which did not help very much as she left out the details and demanding to know who he is and his plans for them and Soren tried to calm her down just as Ann came into the room and stood between him and Mira and giving her a hard choice.

Arcanas got up and turned to face Mira.

"You have been looking through my files and my daughter did give you some information already. As for what I have planned, I need to get a certain artifact from a person. The reason? It might help solve the recent murderers. Now... I have to take a guess on what happened at the bar. But we don't have the time for that. Soren, Cyprus get some rest. We are moving out in 1 hour."

"What about the rest?"

Arcanas looked at the entrance to the room and Lathena was leaning against the door.

"They will have to go with you for it. I can call up some of our old team to replace those that are out. Non combat personal will stay here with 2 of the members just in case."

He than looks at Ann and place his hand on her head.

"It's alright. Don't put yourself at risk. You still have a long life ahead and I will see to it that you live a comfortable life very soon."

He than gave her his data scroll.

"Read it later. Take your time to think it over."

He looks at the rest.

"Is there anything you guys want to bring up before we start?"
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Wreckeronezero on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:28 am

Sov had been sending a message on his datascroll when Mira started shouting at Arcanas.

"I'll call you back Valiel"

He quickly placed the datascroll back in his vest and walked up to the group as Arcanas finished.

"Yeah, if anybody is going looking for Zoe, im coming along."

He placed his helmet back on and crossed his arms.
Wreckeronezero

Location: Washington D.C. Defending the WhiteHouse from Scrin forces alongside GDI forces.

Postby Riftun on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Ann was confused by Arc's previous statement that soon the young dreamkeeper would be well taken care of and before Ann had the chance to ask the poor jackal/rat was further confused when Arc's datascroll ended up in the confused creature's possession. The jackal/rat was about to ask what it was but thought better of it and strolled off to check out the datascroll, slowly scrolling through it.
Riftun

Postby Thegunner18 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Soren simply nodded in acknowledgement of Arc's statement. One hour it was. Unfortunately, he wouldn't be able to plan for the unknown; he could only do his best to expect the unexpected, and even then they didn't know what on Earth they were getting into. Still...no one gets left behind. Especially not this early on. One thing that he was sure they were going to need no matter what was a fair amount of firepower. Just in case.

"Wait a second, though..." Soren trailed off, looking at the ground and then glancing at Arc and Mira. "We're going to need something to back us up that can pack a punch; something that can do a lot of damage." At first, it was physical weaponry that he brought to mind, but there was always another option...

"Of course, if we want to be more subtle about it we can use our powers. Or, at least...what we know of them. Only if we get into deep crap, mind you."
Thegunner18

Postby Halo's shadow on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:46 pm

Mira snarled and shot Soren an angry glance,

"Come any close and you'll have to learn how to write left handed!" she gestured at Arcanas then, 

"Oh! So now you're solving murder, and by the way, i read all as many of the parts as I could, through all the red ink of classified!" She was still seething at his arrogant attitude, as if he knew better.

"And is anyone else concerned why an artifact will solve what Is most likely a psychopath killing people?! What the hell is the logic in that?!" She was yelling, but took her hand off the springer, realizing she had it on there in the first place. 
Halo's shadow

Postby Thegunner18 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:59 pm

"Mira, hotheadedness is going to get us absolutely nowhere. You of all people should know that." Soren straightened up and made his stance a lot firmer; he honestly couldn't care less if Mira thought she could keep everyone under control by threatening everybody with a springer. "So simmer the hell down before you make a brash decision." Soren kept his hands loosely by his sides and stepped back a little. "Rescue first, ask questions later. After this, I'll leave you and Arc to have a nice chat." He shot a quick glance towards Arcanas. It wasn't difficult to imagine what the scene between those two would look like: utter carnage.

Deep down, though, Soren did agree with the mercenary. What exactly where they going for? What sort of artifact was it going to be? Where they even sure that it wasn't just some crazed psychopath killer like Mira said? Soren wished he could answer those questions, and with time he probably could, but that was at a premium right now.
Thegunner18

Postby Wreckeronezero on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:23 pm

After Mira said the murders were some psycopath, Sov couldnt hold his tongue any longer.

"BECAUSE ITS THE NIGHTMARES!"

He took his helmet off in a single smooth motion and walked back over to the group, the room had become dead quiet.

"These murders arent some guy on a killing spree, its a nightmare, like the ones out of the old bedtime stories, they're real, and they're here killing people. Thats why this is important!"

He took a long look around the group before putting his helmet back on and gesturing towards the door.

"Now, can we all just get going on rescuing Zoe or do you all want to stay here with your thumbs up your ***** all day?"
Wreckeronezero

Location: Washington D.C. Defending the WhiteHouse from Scrin forces alongside GDI forces.
---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...