Comunity Desicsion

Every human has their own unique persona in the DreamWorld - and, frequently, online! Come mingle with the colorful cast, and introduce your own character to the mix.

Comunity Desicsion

Postby HydrayaLightStorm on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Lots of people are having trouble making their dreamkeepers, well, why not express your thoughts to the public? I'm having troubles so you can look at how to ask. Mainly, It is the public who will help you decide, because when they're happy, your happy. Thats because you get to chose your top 5s! Let me demonstrate by asking:

So, I'm having problems devoloping my True Dreamkeeper, let me have your opinions. Pick your favorites, out of mine.

~Creature~
1:Red Panda
2:Cockatu (the bird(no idea on spelling))
3:Bat
4:Ferret
5:Zebra

~Main Color Sceme~
1:Orange
2:Blue
3:Yellow
4:Purple
5:White

~Power~
1:Generates Snow Balls and Snow Shots from thin air
2:Shape Shifter(changing into other dreamkeepers/their powers are useless to you)
3:Extreme Speed
4:Levitation (lifting objects without touching them)
5:Generates Light(forms of orbs,torches, and body patterns glow in the dark)

Now, if you to are having troubles too, feel free to try out the same thing. You may end up with a desgin you like. I hope I do too! :oops: :mrgreen: :lol:
Last edited by HydrayaLightStorm on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HydrayaLightStorm

Re: Comunity Desicsion

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:49 pm

To me, the concept of a super-fast zebra is both hilarious and awesome. There's something about being a disorienting blur of stripes that would be almost nauseating to someone trying to keep track of you.

I guess the bigger question is which of those really speaks to you? Ferrets are smart and quick, yet weasley and sneaky. Bats could be inquisitive, maybe a little paranoid. The other three... err.. not really what sort of things would shine out there. Though I lean zebra because I think they're neat... and they make all sorts of odd noises.

Would shape-shifting be just the adjusting of size? Or being able to change into other Dreamkeepers? If you were using it to change into someone else, then wouldn't you have a halo over your head while the power was active?
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Reed R Gale on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:00 pm

If you have trouble picking a power, look through POWER PLAY, those are all powers that are up for grabs. I've posted a lot of interesting powers, and others have as well. If you're one of those that likes making your own ideas, still browse through it. To me, a power determines a lot of what your character is about so choose wisely. As for the powers you chose, you'd be amazed how unused snow powers are. Snow and ice is fun thing to play with :P

As for breeds, try going for a chimera, no dreamkeeper must be only one race within themselves.
Reed R Gale

Postby HydrayaLightStorm on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:11 pm

ChemCut
Would shape-shifting be just the adjusting of size? Or being able to change into other Dreamkeepers? If you were using it to change into someone else, then wouldn't you have a halo over your head while the power was active?

Changing into other dreamkeepers. You have to have seen the dreamkeeper somewhere before, whether in a mag. or in real life. The Halo Would Only Apear durring the animation process. it would disapear when transformation is complete. Unfortunately, you cannot use the other dreamkeepers powers. Thats about the only catch.

RrG
As for breeds, try going for a chimera, no dreamkeeper must be only one race within themselves.

Chimera? What is that!? I haven't heard of it before.

Thank you for your suggestions! I'm looking for solid desiscions though. I'm also very confused. I read the first topic in this forum, and it said that people who Like your dreamkeeper are more likely to have them in the RP, and you people are saying it should be my desiscion. What if people don't like my desiscion? (I'm a paranoid mess, don't mention it :evil: :P )
HydrayaLightStorm

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:31 pm

I feel as long as you put your best foot forward with your creation, people will like it. I mean... in a game term, characters don't necessarily have to like each other. But it's safe to bet that the players will be able to appreciate the work you put into the persona.

It's your character after all, above all else, it should be something that you are both comfortable and motivated to play. If you don't like the character, she simply won't be any fun for you. So really go with what feels right to you.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Reed R Gale on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:02 pm

A chimera is simply a mix of different breeds, suually striking features of many different animals. I mean already our dreamkeepers are a mix of animal and human (in most cases) but I mean, something like a... Dreamkeeper with cat ears, a fox tail, lizard's tail, striped zebra body, etc. Basically don't limit yourself to just one breed, there's a whole animal kingdom out there, any then some.

Personally, I like cats.
Reed R Gale

Postby Avolendi on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:29 am

With different creatures to depict your dreamkeeper, I'd imagine different characteristics. To give a basic idea of what I'd think of:

1: Panda: big, strong and calm
2: Cockatoo: flashy, talkative (short attention span?)
3: Bat: stealthy (withdraw/shy?)
4: Ferret: sneaky, fierce
5: Zebra: fast (hyperactive?)

* This is just off the bat, for 3-5 I didn't really get a good image in mind.

So I think it would help to imagine what characteristics you want to convey and what creature (or mix of) you feel would best express that.

I also agree with Chemical, just try and don´t worry about how others will think about it. It's not a bad idea to ask others for help, but you should chose what you are comfortable with. Just put some time in it and try to fill what details you can think of.

For the color, like the creature, I'd say just try some crude things out (maybe even just place the colors next to each other in paint) and see what you like. Check out the Guide to DK creation, it has some nice pointers as well.

As for the power, the snowball one sounds the most fun and original.
Avolendi

Postby HydrayaLightStorm on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:12 am

Okay, Thanks everyone for the char. Support. I'm going to make something totally awesome. What, I don't knoe, but it'l take some experimentations.
HydrayaLightStorm

---------

Return to Character cafe'