Character Critics

Every human has their own unique persona in the DreamWorld - and, frequently, online! Come mingle with the colorful cast, and introduce your own character to the mix.

Character Critics

Postby RedFox on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:57 pm

Alright, so I thought this might be fun.

The original "Introduce Your Dreamkeeper" thread is for your own fursona or dreamkeeper. Here, I thought we could show off any other creations we have and then discuss about them; give opinions, suggestions, and just discuss in general. I've had this one character rolling around in my mind lately and I just had to let him loose on paper (or computer text, whatever).

Name: Pracc

Species: Ferret

Power: Elongated Claws on hands/feet

About: Pracc is a troublemaker. He loves to screw with people and mess with things that are new to him or are just plain interesting. His fur color is a dirty brown with dark brown streaks down his tail and arms. With his troublemaking behavior, he quickly found work in gangs, doing oddjobs for money. Since joining the gang life, he dons a raggedy and dirty duster coat with carpenter pants. His trademark piece, however, is a metal welding mask that covers his face save for the single horizontal slit for his eyes. Because of this, his identity is closed to anyone who doesn't personally know him. Some citizens claim him as a super-villain type character because of his hidden identity.

He is very acrobatic and loves to show it off around the public. Because of his high mobility and agility, his ability to wield his own claws is an outstanding performance to witness, granted your not on the receiving end of said claws. His powers enables to lengthen his claws to a good 2 feet and makes them practically unbreakable.

(Woo.)
RedFox

Re: Character Critics

Postby KindaSarcastic on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:46 pm

Now, please don't take this the wrong way, dude. But the first thing that popped into my head was, "Wow. Did he just watch Freddy vs. Jason or something?" 'Sides that, though, I think he'd be a fun character. For some reason I think of him as a little crazy and very unorthodox. The kind of guy who just likes freaking people out for their funny reactions. Am I right?
KindaSarcastic

Postby RedFox on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:41 pm

I've never seen Friday the 13th...or Nightmare on Elm Street...or Freddy vs. Jason...so no, I didn't base him off of either of those characters. And yeah, he's unorthodox. You got it pretty much right.
RedFox

Postby Shade on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:45 am

He sounds pretty cool to me, Red. But like Lydia said, there is a sort of Freddy vs. Jason thing about him. Though I don't think that makes him any less cool. I kinda like how is ego is obviously the size of Texas. ^^ He likes a crowd, right? Powers sweet too. He's like Wolverine! XD

I was wondering, does he think of himself as a villain? Or does he just think he's having some fun? Knowing this could deepen your character a bit so he's not just the guy who likes to mess with people without really having a reason. ^^
Shade

Postby Shade on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:23 pm

I thought of one today. I dunno, he just popped into my head, and I was like write him down!

Name: Jazz

Species: Skunk (Yeah! Isn't that new?)

Power: He can spray different types of gases from his -ahem- well, you know. Like a normal skunk, he has a spray that smells terrible and is meant to incapacitate enemies or that annoying salesman that won't go away. He has another one that can put people to sleep for a few hours or minutes, depending on how much is ingested. Another works as a sort of smoke-screen, or smoke-bomb (ninja style!) But he isn't affected by his smells. Lucky *******, I'd say.

Description: Jazz knows that he smells. Jazz is used to pushing people away because of his power. Jazz does not care. Ordinarily, most skunks don't repulse people, they're just normal like any other species of DreamKeeper, but Jazz got pegged with a, and excuse the pun, power that stinks. He's used to it though, and is frankly not bothered by it. He's a loner, only having a few close friends.

He's very sarcastic and has a pessimistic outlook on life. Hey, cut him some slack, he repulses everyone! Jazz is a con-artist. He spends his days hustling people in back alleys, making money to get through the day. He dresses as any con-artist would: baggy brown pants, green combat jacket (collar popped up o' course,) white shirt underneath, and fingerless brown gloves. Yeah, shady, I know.

Jazz tries to stay out of everyone's way. He doesn't like attention unless it earns him a profit. And if he does catch unwanted attention, fight or flight kicks in. Jazz is a fast runner. Trust me, he's had a lot of time to practice running from people. -winks-
Shade

Postby Twilight on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:45 am

oh this is awesome. I got a few of those laying around. I'll see about posting them on here ^__^
Twilight

Postby Shade on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:16 pm

Name: Sanzibar/Barian

Species: A Jackal with antlers (Like a Jack-a-lope! XD)

Power: Sanz has the ability to create and control small bursts of explosions with his mind. Think hand grenades that you can't see. You need a lock picked? Sanz can create a tiny implosion within the lock that will break all the little knobs inside, but leave the door intact. Cool, right? The downside is Sanz can only control small or medium sized explosions. Anything bigger than a grenade sized explosion will cause him to lose control. And when he loses control, be ready for all hell to break loose.

Description: Sanzibar, or Sanz to his close friends is a good guy. He helps in his neighborhood, is a mentor for not so lucky kids, helps his landlady carry out her garbage (Haha! Just kidding with that last part Matrix fans.) Basically, nice dude with a burden to carry. And this is where it gets interesting. We've got Sanz - nice, peaceful, good humored guy, and then you have someone completely different.

Barian - Sanzibar's other half. You see, Sanz is the unfortunate owner of a split personality. Whereas Sanz is good, Barian is the exact opposite. He likes causing problems for other people. Cruel jokes are his favorite part of life. He's not evil, per say, he's just a trickster. He wouldn't want to kill anyone, just humiliate them for his own enjoyment.

Sanz can control Barian most of the time, but when he gets annoyed, look out! He'll pull a frickin' Hulk on you!
Shade

Postby TheRedMan on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:19 pm

Snazzy!

This whole split-persona's thing never gets old. He is also some sort of unstable atomic reactor too. I like your ideas!
TheRedMan

Postby Shade on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:45 pm

Aw, thanks, RM! I'm glad you enjoyed my wacky little character -laughs- I'm also glad you think the split personality isn't played out. I had a distinct feeling of 'Me, Myself, and Irene' when I was writing this XD

I really want to use this guy in an RP. -sigh- If only we had a new one I could stick him in. Oh, and you should put any characters you think up on here. It's so fun!
Shade

Postby KindaSarcastic on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:16 am

Heh. You and the crazy characters, Shade. *grins* Kidding. The insane ones are enjoyable, and this dude seems like a cool one.

Well, this guy has been on my mind for a while now, and while putting labels on glue cans for three hours today, I refined his character out of sheer boredom.

Name: Raja

Species: Feline.

Appearance: He has the black, sliver, and grey features of a main coon cat. Golden eyes. Kinda crazy white eyebrows and a very aloof but endearing wry grin. He's average height. His tail is very furry, like his eyebrows, and he has a bad habit of twitching it when nervous.

Power: Psychometry (Took me forever to find the dang term for this!) WIth the simple touch of an object, Raja can know the history of it. Meaning, he knows the past owner, can see the events that took place around the object in the past, and he can also sometimes see the future of the object. This power also works on DreamKeepers and not just objects. That is why Raja usually goes out with gloves on so as to prevent his power from activating at a random touch and him getting a dump load of that person's past.

Description: Having lived in the thieving Calypsa District all his life, Raja never grew up knowing how to earn an honest buck in his entire life. At an early age he found his power, and he's been using it to extort, con, and swindle the poor and curious people of Anduruna out of their money ever since. He owns a shack deep in the swamps and has made it out to be a hot spot for tourists and for his regular customers. The people go in, check out the unorthodox shrunken heads handing from the ceiling, squeal at the sight of odd faces in murky jars, peer into the table's misty crystal ball, touch hands with Raja, and are told their future. Most of the time Raja makes it all up, but it's his uncanny knowledge of his customer's pasts that convinces them that he knows so much about the future.

At heart, Raja is a nice guy. Although a bit of a thrill seeker and someone who runs his life mostly by impulse and intuition, he wouldn't hurt a fly. He would be an honest man...if he knew how to be one. He also has a slight addiction to gambling and card playing and usually squanders most of his earnings this way.
KindaSarcastic

---------

Next

Return to Character cafe'