Buying Headphones? Get Advice Here!

Wanna chat about something that *gasp* isn't in one of the all-encompassing categories? Come on in!

Buying Headphones? Get Advice Here!

Postby RedFox on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:29 pm

NOTICE: This thread is being created for the sole purpose of people asking for headphone recommendations, as I feel that I have enough experience in the matter to give this advice. DO NOT give advice to one another in this thread; that is the responsibility I am taking here.

To help me find out what is best for you, please post these things:

-Your budget (make sure you tell me what currency!)

-Which genres you'll be listening to.

-What kind you want (over-ear, on-ear, in-ear, no preference, etc.) and whether you want portability.

-Whether you want open or closed headphones (Explained below).

-What you are listening from (iPod, phone, desktop computer, laptop, console, turntable, etc.).
I will refer to this as your source.

The difference between Open and Closed Headphones:

"The concept of open headphones is basically the driver has the most air possible to reverberate and allow backwaves to be set free. This results in (usually, save for Grados and a few others) a large soundstage and an open, airy sound. The tradeoffs are that save for a few anomalies, open headphones usually can't begin to compare to closed headphones in regards to bass quantity. They also leak a lot of sound in and out, so they aren't ideal for usage other than at home.

If you want a ton of bass, you'll probably want a closed headphone. In closed headphones, the backwaves of the driver bounce back to your ears, creating a colored sound, which usually means more bass because of the less damped sound. The tradeoffs are a smaller soundstage, a slight "closed, stuffy" sound (More prominent with lower end (<$150) than higher end, save for Beats. Those are really stuffy), and they may get a bit hot." ~Ishkabible from Head-Fi

With that out of the way, let the thread begin! If you ask for a recommendation and I reply to you, get back to me with some feedback; I would much appreciate it!
RedFox

Re: Buying Headphones? Get Advice Here!

Postby Paperfold on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Interesting, I'm actually looking to buy some new headphones or canalphones right now. Used to have , but they broke, so now I need a new set. Was actually thinking about just buying another pair of these, since they served me well and the sound was alright, but if you're here anyway...

On to your questions:
Budget: 40 euros (around $48), but the cheaper the better, as long as they're comfortable.
Genres: Everything. Classical, some pop, chiptune, dubstep, electronic, rock, punk (edit: also triphop, drum and bass, a little bit of (good) rap). Should be good all-around, I'm afraid.
Kind: Don't really care, as long as it isolates properly. I like in-ear, since that does the job.
Portability: Definitely. I'm going to use these while biking and walking, and they should be easy to transport and hard to break.
Open or closed: Probably closed, since I'm going to use them in noisy environments.
Source: 2nd generation iPod shuffle and I'm probably going to buy a soon (if you have any recommendations for cheap but good portable music players, they would be welcome). Most (all) of my music is encoded with LAME v0 or v2.

Thanks!
Paperfold

Postby RedFox on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:25 am

Paperfold wrote:Interesting, I'm actually looking to buy some new headphones or canalphones right now. Used to have , but they broke, so now I need a new set. Was actually thinking about just buying another pair of these, since they served me well and the sound was alright, but if you're here anyway...

On to your questions:
Budget: 40 euros (around $48), but the cheaper the better, as long as they're comfortable.
Genres: Everything. Classical, some pop, chiptune, dubstep, electronic, rock, punk (edit: also triphop, drum and bass, a little bit of (good) rap). Should be good all-around, I'm afraid.
Kind: Don't really care, as long as it isolates properly. I like in-ear, since that does the job.
Portability: Definitely. I'm going to use these while biking and walking, and they should be easy to transport and hard to break.
Open or closed: Probably closed, since I'm going to use them in noisy environments.
Source: 2nd generation iPod shuffle and I'm probably going to buy a soon (if you have any recommendations for cheap but good portable music players, they would be welcome). Most (all) of my music is encoded with LAME v0 or v2.

Thanks!

I've got the perfect set of In-Ear buds for you.

Say hello to the .

Coming in at just under $18 (About 14 Euros), the MEelectronics M9 earbuds are, guaranteed, the best in-ear monitors under $50.

They're sleek, long-lasting, and most importantly, sound great. People (audiophiles included) have tried these and priced them as high as $80, when in reality, their retail price is usually no more than $20. A huge value for the price. Your ears will not be disappointed.
RedFox

Postby Paperfold on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:27 pm

RedFox wrote:I've got the perfect set of In-Ear buds for you.

Say hello to the .

Coming in at just under $18 (About 14 Euros), the MEelectronics M9 earbuds are, guaranteed, the best in-ear monitors under $50.

They're sleek, long-lasting, and most importantly, sound great. People (audiophiles included) have tried these and priced them as high as $80, when in reality, their retail price is usually no more than $20. A huge value for the price. Your ears will not be disappointed.

Seems like those are a bit more expensive over here (), though that's still a good deal. What worries me a bit though is that the internet says these do have some microphonics; should I worry about that or will that be fine? (Remember, the cable will be under my shirt while biking, so lots of movement. The Radiopaqs had really bad microphonics if you didn't wear them over the ear, is that the same for these?)

Other than that, these do seem like exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm also interested as to what you would recommend for home listening (no portability), budget tops 300 euros, desktop/laptop as source, maybe occasionally used for gaming. I'm not really looking for one right now (currently using a Steelseries 5Hv2, which is fine, plus I don't have the money), but I'd like to know if maybe in the future I become interested in buying new fancy headphones.

Since you seem to be very into music/audio, I have some off-topic questions too:

First of all, what are some legendary albums that everyone should have listened to at least once in their lives?

And second, I'm looking for a new mp3 player. If it's not your area of expertise, don't worry about it, but if you have any advice, I'd appreciate it. I currently have an iPod shuffle 2nd generation, which I'm actually very happy with, but I'd like something with a lot more space and a screen. My requirements:
  • A screen (obviously). I don't want to watch videos on it or anything, just music, so nothing high-quality needed. I just want to be able to navigate through my songs and see what song is playing.
  • Quite a lot of space. I don't need 100GB, but at least 30GB or something would be nice.
  • Tactile buttons. Absolutely no touch screen.
  • Battery that lasts at least a day (not non-stop), though more is always nice.
  • Sturdy. It shouldn't break too easily.
  • Sound quality. Obviously, it's a portable player, so it doesn't have to be amazing, but it's still important.
  • Not too pricey. I'd say 80 euros is my upper limit, though if something's a really good deal I might be willing to bump it up to 100 or so.
I have my eyes on the in combination with which would give me 40GB of space and seems to fulfill all my requirements (plus I can just take more MicroSD cards with me if I need more space). Still, if you think of anything, please tell me.

That... got a bit lengthy. Sorry.
Paperfold

Postby RedFox on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Paperfold wrote:Seems like those are a bit more expensive over here (), though that's still a good deal. What worries me a bit though is that the internet says these do have some microphonics; should I worry about that or will that be fine? (Remember, the cable will be under my shirt while biking, so lots of movement. The Radiopaqs had really bad microphonics if you didn't wear them over the ear, is that the same for these?)

Other than that, these do seem like exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm also interested as to what you would recommend for home listening (no portability), budget tops 300 euros, desktop/laptop as source, maybe occasionally used for gaming. I'm not really looking for one right now (currently using a Steelseries 5Hv2, which is fine, plus I don't have the money), but I'd like to know if maybe in the future I become interested in buying new fancy headphones.

Since you seem to be very into music/audio, I have some off-topic questions too:

First of all, what are some legendary albums that everyone should have listened to at least once in their lives?

And second, I'm looking for a new mp3 player. If it's not your area of expertise, don't worry about it, but if you have any advice, I'd appreciate it. I currently have an iPod shuffle 2nd generation, which I'm actually very happy with, but I'd like something with a lot more space and a screen. My requirements:
  • A screen (obviously). I don't want to watch videos on it or anything, just music, so nothing high-quality needed. I just want to be able to navigate through my songs and see what song is playing.
  • Quite a lot of space. I don't need 100GB, but at least 30GB or something would be nice.
  • Tactile buttons. Absolutely no touch screen.
  • Battery that lasts at least a day (not non-stop), though more is always nice.
  • Sturdy. It shouldn't break too easily.
  • Sound quality. Obviously, it's a portable player, so it doesn't have to be amazing, but it's still important.
  • Not too pricey. I'd say 80 euros is my upper limit, though if something's a really good deal I might be willing to bump it up to 100 or so.
I have my eyes on the in combination with which would give me 40GB of space and seems to fulfill all my requirements (plus I can just take more MicroSD cards with me if I need more space). Still, if you think of anything, please tell me.

That... got a bit lengthy. Sorry.

*Cracks fingers* Alright!

1. The MEelectronics M9's USED to have a bit of a microphonic trouble (nothing too bad though). The M9's I linked to is basically the 2.0 version of the earbuds, and the microphonics should be drastically reduced. You should be golden.

2. Home Listening, no portability, 300 Euros. Ok. I think I have the setup for you.
(About £240), amped by a (About £55).

This round out to about £300, just like you asked. You will NOT be disappointed with this setup.
(And if you're willing to spend a bit more, the is regarded as one of the best open-back headphones available (those run about £275). I recommend the same FiiO E7 for them as well.

3. Lengendary albums...oh man, you hit my sweet spot. Get ready for a big ol' list. I'll be sorting these by (Artist - Album Title - Genre - Year Released), in no particular order, and I will try and hit as many genres as possible.

THE LIST:
The Who - Live At Leeds - Classic Rock - 1970
Art of Noise - (Who's Afraid of) The Art of Noise? - Electronica - 1984
DJ Shadow - The Private Press - Electronica/Hip-Hop - 2002
David Bowie - Best of Bowie - Classic Alternative Rock - 2002
The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St. - Classic Rock - 1972
Soundgarden - Superunknown - Grunge Rock - 1994
Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols - Punk Rock - 1977
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix - Alternative Pop-Rock - 2009
Björk - Björk's Greatest Hits - Alternative Electronica - 2002
Nat King Cole - The World of Nat King - Jazz - 2005
Anthrax - Among the Living - Thrash Metal - 1987
Any album by Kanye West - Hip-Hop/Rap
John Legend & The Roots - Wake Up! - R&B/Soul/Hip-Hop/Rap - 2010
Elton John - Greatest Hits 1970 - 2002 - Classic Rock/Piano Rock - 2002
The Doors - The Very Best of The Doors - Classic Rock - 2007
Nightwish - Once - Epic Metal - 2004
Any album by the Foo Fighters
N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton - Gangster Hip-Hop/Rap - 1988
The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die - Funk Hip-Hop/Rap - 1994
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile or The Downward Spiral - Industrial Ambient Electronica - 1999 and 1994, respectively.
De La Soul - 3 Feet High and Rising - Jazz Hip-Hop/Rap - 1989
Any album by The White Stripes - Blues-Rock
Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? - Heavy Metal - 1986
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute - Post-Rock/Math-Rock - 2005
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F# A# ∞ - Post-Rock - 1996
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness - Grunge Rock - 1995
Sigur Rós - ( ) - Post-Rock - 2002
D'Angelo - Voodoo - R&B/Soul - 2000
Hank Williams - Hank Williams: 40 Greatest Hits - Country/Blues - 1978
Gram Parsons - Sacred Hearts & Fallen Angels - The Gram Parsons Anthology - Country/Blues - 2001
Any album by Daft Punk - Electro-Funk/House
Aphex Twin - Richard D. James Album - Ambient Drum and Bass Electronica - 1996
The Avalanches - Since I Left You - Sample-Based Electronica - 2000
Kraftwerk - Minimum-Maximum - Roots of Electronica - 2005
Massive Attack - Mezzanine - Alternative Electronica/Trip-Hop - 1998
Moby - Play - Electronica - 1999
Squarepusher - Hello Everything - Electronica - 2006
Jay-Z - The Black Album - Hip-Hop/Rap - 2003
Nas - Illmatic - Hip-Hop/Rap - 1994
Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back - Hip-Hop/Rap - 1988
Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine: Biomech - Progressive Metal - 1997
Dream Theater - Train of Thought - Progressive Metal - 2003
Slayer - Reign In Blood - Thrash Metal - 1986
Adele - 19 and 21 - R&B/Soul/Pop - 2008 and 2011, respectively.
James Brown - 20 All Time Greatest Hits! - Soul-Funk - 1991
Sam Cooke - Portrait Of A Legend 1951-1964 - R&B/Soul - 2003
Stevie Wonder - Songs In the Key of Life - R&B/Soul - 1976
Faith No More - Angel Dust - Alternative Rock - 1992
Funkadelic - Maggot Brain - Funk-Rock - 1971
Iggy Pop - Lust For Life - Classic Rock - 1977
Led Zeppelin - Mothership - Classic Blues-Rock - 2007
Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell - Epic Rock - 1977
Nirvana - MTV Unplugged In New York - Grunge Rock - 1993
Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory? - Alternative Rock - 1995
Pink Floyd - The Wall - Psychedelic Rock/Classic Rock - 1979
Any album by Queen
Supertramp - Breakfast In America - Progressive Rock - 1979
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground - Progressive Classic Rock - 1967
Alice In Chains - Jar of Flies - Grunge Acoustic Rock - 1994
Beck - Odelay and Sea Change - Alternative/Progressive Rock - 1996 and 2002, respectively.
The Black Keys - Brothers - Blues-Rock - 2010
Any album by Cake - Grunge Rock
The Clash - London Calling - Punk Rock - 1979
The Dandy Warhols - Dandys Rule OK? - Progressive Rock - 1995
Explosions In the Sky - The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place - Post-Rock - 2004
Gorillaz - Gorillaz and Demon Days - Alternative Hip-Hop/Rock/Electronica - 2001 and 2005, respectively.
Iron and Wine - The Shepard's Dog - Folk Rock - 2007
Joni Mitchell - Blue - Piano Blues - 1971
Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News - Alternative Pop-Rock - 2004
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea - Folk Rock - 1998
Pearl Jam - Ten - Grunge Rock - 1991
Any album by Radiohead - Alternative Rock
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open - Alternative Rock - 2006
The Strokes - Is This It? - Grunge Rock - 2000
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois - Alternative Progressive Rock - 2005
Talking Heads - The Best of Talking Heads - Progressive Rock - 2004
Tool - Ænima - Progressive Hard Rock - 1996
Weezer - Blue Album, Pinkerton, and Red Album - Grunge Rock - 1994, 1996, and 2008, respectively.

Alrighty, I think I'll stop there for now. Hope that helps you a bit. If you want more/other recommendations, let me know.

And I'll also give you a list of recommended albums from me...not 'legendary' status, but quite amazing by their own merits.

Anything and Everything by . <-- Visit his site; explore; listen; download. - Electronica/Drum and Bass/Dubstep/House/Progressive Electronica/Sample-Based/RaggaCore/Hard-core/Happy Hard-core/Speedcore/Chiptune
Zero 7 - Simple Things - Down-Tempo Electronica/Trip-Hop - 2001
Nujabes - Metaphorical Music - Jazz-Fusion Hip-Hop/Rap - 2003
Royal Crown Revue - Caught In the Act - Swing Jazz Revival - 1997
Fitz & The Tantrums - Pickin' Up the Pieces - R&B/Soul - 2011
Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You - Brit. Pop - 2009
Any albums by Frank Ocean
The Dead Weather - Sea of Cowards - Alternative Blues-Rock - 2011
Matthew Ebel - Goodbye Planet Earth - Piano-Rock - 2007
MuteMath - MuteMath - Math-Rock/Alternative Rock - 2006
Priestess - Hello Master - Hard Rock - 2006
Superchunk - Majesty Shredding - Rock - 2010
Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures - Progressive Rock - 2009
Toadies - Hell Below/Stars Above - Grunge Rock - 2001
AWOLNATION - Megalithic Symphony - Alternative Electronica - 2011
Bon Iver - Bon Iver - Folk-Rock - 2011
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes - Up From Below - Alternative Pop-Rock - 2009
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes and Helplessness Blues - Folk Rock - 2008 and 2011, respectively.
The Killers - Hot Fuss - Electro-Rock - 2004
Lana Del Rey - Born To Die - Piano-Blues/Pop - 2012
Manchester Orchestra - Mean Everything To Nothing - Alternative Rock - 2008
Any album by Muse - Hard Progressive Rock
Reel Big Fish - Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album - Ska/Punk Rock - 2006
Spacehog - The Chinese Album - Alternative Rock - 1998
The Suicide Machines - Destruction By Definition - Ska/Punk Rock - 1996
The Vaccines - What Did You Expect From The Vaccines? - Indie Pop-Rock - 2011
The Stone Foxes - Bears & Bulls - Blues-Rock - 2010
The Presets - Apocalypso - Alternative Electronica - 2008
M83 - Saturdays = Youth and Hurry Up, We're Dreaming - Electro-SynthPop - 2008 and 2011, respectively.
Mr. Meeble - Never Trust the Chinese - Alternative Electronica/Trip-Hop - 2008
Mr. Scruff - Ninja Tuna and Bonus Bait - Electronica/Trip-Hop - 2008 and 2009, respectively.
Mt. Eden - MEDS EP - Electronica/Dubstep - 2010
Parov Stelar - Coco, Pt. 2 - Electro-Swing Jazz - 2009
Any album by Portishead - Electronica/Trip-Hop
Any album by M.I.A. - Electronica/Hip-Hop/Rap/Pop
The Prodigy - The Fat of the Land - Drum and Bass Electronica - 1997
Les Rythmes Digitales - Darkdancer - Progressive Electro-Dance - 1999
LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening - Progressive Electronica/House - 2010
James Blake - James Blake - Progressive Down-Tempo Dubstep - 2011
Beast - Beast - Industrial Electro-Rock - 2008

4. I'm actually going to agree with you here. Right now, probably the best MP3 player you can get with what you want is an iPod Classic 160GB. However, it's a bit out of your budget (it meets all the other requirements though). If you don't wanna spend that much, just do exactly what you plan on doing; buy the SanDisk 8GB and get the 32GB SD card. A good solution!

Wow, that literally took me a few hours to type up, but I'm happy with it. Please feel free to ask me anything else!
Last edited by RedFox on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedFox

Postby DanWithTheHat on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:38 pm

WOW that is one epic list of albums! :shock: I second those recommendations. :D

Also, I noticed that Amazon has what they say is a newer model of the M9's, the . Do you know if these offer any improvement over the M9's for 10 dollars more? I may get the M9's once I'm ready to replace my current Philips SHE9000 earbuds.
DanWithTheHat

Postby RedFox on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:45 am

DanWithTheHat wrote:WOW that is one epic list of albums! :shock: I second those recommendations. :D

Also, I noticed that Amazon has what they say is a newer model of the M9's, the . Do you know if these offer any improvement over the M9's for 10 dollars more? I may get the M9's once I'm ready to replace my current Philips SHE9000 earbuds.

The M31's offer a 'flatter' and more neutral sound compared to the M9's. If you're going to be listening to a lot of clasical, jazz, soft rock, piano music, etc., then go with those. If you desire a warm, more bass-y sound, go for the M9's (the M9's will cater to most people's listening preferences. Also note that while they have bass, it is not overpowering. It just offers a richer sound).
RedFox

Postby Paperfold on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:58 am

RedFox wrote:1. The MEelectronics M9's USED to have a bit of a microphonic trouble (nothing too bad though). The M9's I linked to is basically the 2.0 version of the earbuds, and the microphonics should be drastically reduced. You should be golden.

Seems like I'm going to go for those then. Thanks!

RedFox wrote:2. Home Listening, no portability, 300 Euros. Ok. I think I have the setup for you.
(About £240), amped by a (About £55).

This round out to about £300, just like you asked. You will NOT be disappointed with this setup.
(And if you're willing to spend a bit more, the is regarded as one of the best open-back headphones available (those run about £275). I recommend the same FiiO E7 for them as well.

That's actually 300 pounds, which is almost 400 euros ;). Nevertheless, if I'm ever going for a really good setup, I might as well shell out a bit more.

RedFox wrote:3. Lengendary albums...oh man, you hit my sweet spot. Get ready for a big ol' list. I'll be sorting these by (Artist - Album Title - Genre - Year Released), in no particular order, and I will try and hit as many genres as possible.

THE LIST:
-snip-

Alrighty, I think I'll stop there for now. Hope that helps you a bit. If you want more/other recommendations, let me know.

And I'll also give you a list of recommended albums from me...not 'legendary' status, but quite amazing by their own merits.

-snip-

Oh wow. I mean. I never expected to get this much. Thanks! There's a lot of names in there that I've never even heard of, and I'm definitely going to try and listen to all of them.

RedFox wrote:4. I'm actually going to agree with you here. Right now, probably the best MP3 player you can get with what you want is an iPod Classic 160GB. However, it's a bit out of your budget (it meets all the other requirements though). If you don't wanna spend that much, just do exactly what you plan on doing; buy the SanDisk 8GB and get the 32GB SD card. A good solution!

That's great to hear. I'm probably going to order these in combination with the M9's soon then. I'll report back once I get them.

RedFox wrote:The M31's offer a 'flatter' and more neutral sound compared to the M9's. If you're going to be listening to a lot of clasical, jazz, soft rock, piano music, etc., then go with those. If you desire a warm, more bass-y sound, go for the M9's (the M9's will cater to most people's listening preferences. Also note that while they have bass, it is not overpowering. It just offers a richer sound).

I actually noticed that on Amazon too, but they weren't in stock at Amazon UK and they were more expensive, so I thought naaaaah. This just reinforces that.

Edit: Actually, I'm looking for some more headphones (not for me this time).

1. Headphones for someone who won't use them very often, so no high budget. Decent sound quality, but nothing amazing is needed. Listens to vocal tracks mainly (world, jazz, blues, a bit of country/pop. Typical artists are Katie Melua, Loreena McKennit, Ilse DeLange). Headphones are preferred (she doesn't really like in-ear). Portability is needed. Source will be an iPod shuffle 2nd generation (my old one, heh) and maybe occasionally computers. Music will probably be encoded either at LAME v2 or AAC 160 kbps VBR (to make the most of the space on there).

2. Indestructible headphones with semi-good sound quality. He's not an audiophile, and most of his music is probably transcoded, but still. The main point here is that they have to be INDESTRUCTIBLE. This guy has broken every one of his pairs of earbuds or headphones within a month or something. Source is an iPod Classic (or Video, not sure). Listens to metal, hard rock, punk, some drum 'n bass, some rap, some triphop, some psychedelic. Budget is around 60 euros. Portability is a must.
Paperfold

Postby Paperfold on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:30 am

I'm assuming you missed my edit, since I didn't want to doublepost, but ohwell.

Listening to The Who - Live at Leeds right now. Too many damn versions of the album though (listening to the 2001 deluxe edition).

I'm looking for some more headphones (not for me this time).

1. Headphones for someone who won't use them very often, so no high budget. Decent sound quality, but nothing amazing is needed. Listens to vocal tracks mainly (world, jazz, blues, a bit of country/pop. Typical artists are Katie Melua, Loreena McKennit, Ilse DeLange). Headphones are preferred (she doesn't really like in-ear). Portability is needed. Source will be an iPod shuffle 2nd generation (my old one, heh) and maybe occasionally computers. Music will probably be encoded either at LAME v2 or AAC 160 kbps VBR (to make the most of the space on there).

2. Indestructible headphones with semi-good sound quality. He's not an audiophile, and most of his music is probably transcoded, but still. The main point here is that they have to be INDESTRUCTIBLE. This guy has broken every one of his pairs of earbuds or headphones within a month or something. Source is an iPod Classic (or Video, not sure). Listens to metal, hard rock, punk, some drum 'n bass,
Paperfold

Postby RedFox on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Paperfold wrote:I'm assuming you missed my edit, since I didn't want to doublepost, but ohwell.

Listening to The Who - Live at Leeds right now. Too many damn versions of the album though (listening to the 2001 deluxe edition).

I'm looking for some more headphones (not for me this time).

2. Indestructible headphones with semi-good sound quality. He's not an audiophile, and most of his music is probably transcoded, but still. The main point here is that they have to be INDESTRUCTIBLE. This guy has broken every one of his pairs of earbuds or headphones within a month or something. Source is an iPod Classic (or Video, not sure). Listens to metal, hard rock, punk, some drum 'n bass,

Yes, I did miss your edit, sorry!

Alright, so lemme see...

1. No budget? No problem. Say hello to the These budget-friendly headphones offer a clear, mid-rich sound perfect for your friend's interest in jazz, blues, country, and world music. Other genres don't sound bad on them either! These are a very neutral pair of headphones, so no booming bass, and not the biggest extension into the highs, but they are a steal at their price.

2. I'm sorry, but you'll have to be a little most specific. Does he want earbuds, or headphones? What's his budget?
RedFox

---------

Next

Return to 'Other' - miscellaneous discussion