Breeding the Ryuu-Neko

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Breeding the Ryuu-Neko

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:25 am

Zagura wrote:
JesseJames wrote:. Fire-plant. That's just funny to imagine.

Well technially a plant ryuu-neko isnt actually made of plant material, its an animal with leaf shaped fur(?). What makes it distinct is its personality and its power. So in theory... a plant/fire hybrid would be able to heal its owner at the same time set them on fire should it choose to. XD

You would get a Leafeon cross-bread with a Flareion :P.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Hazzardous on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:33 pm

But maybe an element-type is not for everyone...what about Kami's :roll:
Hazzardous

Postby TruthQuest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Ehh... If I were to hazard a guess, Nerves is a Dark/Plant w/ some Spark/Fire/Water somewhere in his (or is Nerves a she?) parents backgrounds.
:| :oops:
Last edited by TruthQuest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TruthQuest

Postby Shadowtag on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:35 am

Dark/Plant/Spark be MY guess.

The dark was probably the mother, giving it it's base, while a plant/spark probably gave it it's fur and the .....ENERGETIC smile.
Shadowtag

Postby Dream-Weaver on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Reed R Gale wrote:A spark and water ryu-neko would be... interesting and useful.

I actually have a character that I created (page 13 of Character critics) whose pet Ryuu-neko is a mix between water and spark (she’s mostly water, but still has a strong spark heritage).

I think my perfect mix would be:
1/8 Water
1/4 Plant
1/8 Spark
1/2 Fire

The fire influence will result in a very loyal and protective companion, the water is to get an affectionate one, the plant will make is incredibly friendly towards me (and to counter the fire’s protectiveness so it doesn’t attack people due to misunderstandings), and the spark is so it will have energy (it’s good exercise).

Although I would kind of like to see a perfect mix between water, fire, air, and rock (1/4 for all) just because (you can’t have a perfect mix unless the number of subtypes within its heritage is divisible by 2 and only by 2, so you can’t have a perfect mix between all 7 types unfortunately (Quick! Someone get Dave/Liz to invent an 8th type so we can do this!)).
Dream-Weaver

Postby BlackMantha on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:13 am

Dream-Weaver wrote:Although I would kind of like to see a perfect mix between water, fire, air, and rock.

Are you trying to make a philosopher's stone neko-ryuu? :)
BlackMantha

Postby Dream-Weaver on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:04 pm

BlackMantha wrote:
Dream-Weaver wrote:Although I would kind of like to see a perfect mix between water, fire, air, and rock.

Are you trying to make a philosopher's stone neko-ryuu? :)

Pretty much. My inner meta-physicist is curious as too what would happen.
Dream-Weaver

Postby WhiteinBlack on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:34 pm

Wish there was a Ice Ryuu-Neko. Make a Flying Ice Ryuu. XD
Frostbites for every mischievous person (which is about everyone) :D .

But a water-flying Ryuu-neko would do. Nice combination of bright blue and white. Just a bit of yellow would do it good.
WhiteinBlack

Postby Suraru on Mon May 02, 2011 12:47 am

huh, my ryuu-neko is red and brown, i think thats fire and earth, its mostly red, with some brown, and with a earth-like body, i think thats magma, but it tends to roll around in the dirt a lot, but spits hard fire at a short range.
and its fat, furry, lazy, but protective, and it loves me :D

so im guessing if you look at the gene pool (science lesson people) you'd have to find out which genes are dominate, probably fire and rock are, but water and air wouldn't be. dont know about spark or dark, dark you would think be dominate, but theyre supposedly more rare, so they might be recessive.

anyways, kiki is rock and fire (assuming color matters) and he has a rock body, but fire color and power, so thats probably a mix of 2 dominate genes.

on the other hand, they might all be dominate, and they all can mix.

WhiteinBlack wrote:Wish there was a Ice Ryuu-Neko

to make a ice ryuu, im guessing air and water, plus it flies and gives frostbite
Suraru

Postby WhiteinBlack on Mon May 02, 2011 6:26 pm

I wonder how intelligent Ryuu-nekos are compared to dogs........
Ok, that was a stupid thought, but it is a question how intelligent Ryuu-nekos truely are.
What i want is to see what a 30ft ryuu looks like. Imagine a giant flying ryuu above your head. Quite intimindating, don't you think?

Put this Ryuu into your head. A Spark/Rock Ryuu-neko. :!: Two total opposites. Imagine it burrowing underground emerging right next to your feet and giving you a nasty and shocking (crap pun) surprises. "What the Heck!?! How is that even possible!?!"
WhiteinBlack

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Comic story chat room