Bast

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Bast

Postby Twilight on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:06 pm

I have been waiting a very, VERY long time for someone to finally freaking see it. You DO get a cookie... in fact, you get ALL the cookies!
Twilight

Postby Mr Aerospace on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:35 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Well spotted. In fact, considering how much attention I had already paid to that one single image, I now feel very bloody sheepish indeed for not having seen it myself! :oops:
Mr Aerospace

Postby Twilight on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:45 am

And now you can all finally see why Bast is a temperamental kid XD His life sucks, and neither Namah Nor Mace have ANYTHING to complain about when no one has ever tried to kill them by slitting their throats XD
Twilight

Postby DanWithTheHat on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:22 am

Mr Aerospace wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Well spotted. In fact, considering how much attention I had already paid to that one single image, I now feel very bloody sheepish indeed for not having seen it myself! :oops:
I couldn't see it at first because his neck area is being shaded by the next page due the the panel being close to the binding in the hard copy of V2. O.o
It is really clear though in the digital version now that it was pointed out. It seems so obvious now! :shock:
This discovery brings up a bunch more questions about his past:

1. What part of society would put kids in a situation where they would get their throat slit?
2. Is Bast possibly from outside Anduruna, where the laws and standards of modern dreamworld society don't apply?
3. Is he currently in the city and going to school to hide from the people that did that to him?

On another note, now I see why there has yet to be a Bast Prelude. It would be completely opposite to the wacky adventures that Mace, Lilith, and Namah had when they were kids.
DanWithTheHat

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:27 pm

and this is why I love this comic. There's so much stuff hidden in each picture that you have to really use a magnifing glass to see it all sometimes.

But that's what makes this comic so great, there's a lot to find and discover beyond just face value.
Hakuzo NightFox

---------

Previous

Return to DK Characters