Bast

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Bast

Postby Zagura on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:27 pm

On a completely separate note, I wonder what Bast looks like with a ear to ear grin or legitimately happy. He must have been at least slightly giddy when Lilith said she'd go with him to the festival, bet he didn't get much sleep. It would seem sorta out of character for the Bast we're familiar with at the moment.

Noted: Evil-brink-of-laughter-cause-I-slaughtered-everyone smile doesnt count for anyone thinking of the gallery image. n_n;
Zagura

Postby treasuredluv on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:02 am

I wonder if volume one is really the first time Bast met Lilith? In volume two, he goes so far as to follow the Indigo twins to find Lilith's ryuu-neko and then says that he'll make sure Lilith is safe when he finds her. It's kind of weird that he feels so strongly for her when only meeting her once...
Unless it's his first love and he's at that awkward teenager stage :lol: But seriously, I get the feeling that Bast met Lilith way before volume one and had fallen in love with her then. Maybe we'll see in prelude.
treasuredluv

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:52 am

well you must remember Lillith is very well known in Anduruna. Her face is plastered everywhere because of the viscount. So it's not hard to imagine bast seeing her on random data-scrolls. Not to mention in prelude, everyone else trying to use lillith to gain an advantage >>.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby treasuredluv on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:03 pm

No, my question was if Bast really fell in love with Lilith at first sight in volume one. I thought it was weird that he was so obsessed with finding her even though he just met her... :?
treasuredluv

Postby Citizen837852 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:25 am

I think it is a good idea to outline a few things:

1. Very aggressive and defensive behavior (Beating up Mace)
2. Quiet person considering the posture
3. Has an ability to create some sort of fire (according to Sneak peek) which implies his personality
4. Being over protective
5. Very extremely insecure (Hence why he beat up Mace)

Questions are as followed:

1. Did Lilith know Bast before being asked out?
2. How long did they know each others?
3. Why is Bast so insecure?

I guess only time will tells. :P

I gotta tell you, Bast and Mace does NOT mix well... We'll see how that turn out. :twisted:
Citizen837852

Postby Calico Yorki on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:38 am

Hrnnn.

I know this should normally be reserved to the other thread for this...

...But I wanted to know what all of you Bast Fans out there think of this song, which I see as possibly being his theme; at least upon Lilith's "rejection," or maybe -

- SOMETHING ELSE. /dramatic chipmunk

is it just me

t'is ain't it
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:43 am

Anybody else notice Bast's far above average abilities as a hunter, tracker and animal handler?

For a start, he seems to avoid other people and chooses to "rest" in places where he won't be detected, (a lot of hunters do this to avoid spooking prey and it often becomes a habit). First he's resting under the bridge in that V3 Sketch and then he's also on top of that building when he overhears the Indigo's talking about Lilith, and finally he takes position on another(?) roof across the street to watch the Safety Troop raid and the entire escape unfold.
Also, the only clue he actually uses to track down Scinter's party is Vincent/Dumbass's single footprint around the corner of the second building across the street from him...given a rough estimate, that's equivalent to recognising a footprint no larger than 4-5cm(~2'') from more than 30m (~90') away, and is able to follow it the entire distance (unknown how far that is) to their next safehouse.
When Bast finally finds them, he is also able to capture, subdue and calm Vincent within seconds of capturing him, and that is a fair talent for any animal handler.
Also, he's got darn good hearing as well. Without having his ear flat to that pipe, (which is shown to be only faintly emitting voices) he was able to clearly hear that the girls were at Eduro Peak, and also being able to overhear the Indigo's over the crowds at the Harvest Festival was also impressive - his ear even literally twitches.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Calico Yorki on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:02 pm

...Aerospace, you are awesome. I like you, high-five! /high-five

All of those things you noticed are SOOOOO COOOOOL.

That'll come in handy.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Twilight on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:33 pm

So what you're saying is... Bast is Batman!
Twilight

Postby Mr Aerospace on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:41 am

Yes, that's definitely the most logical conclusion. :shock: :roll:
All I'm saying is that Bast has heightened senses compared to what I assume is average, and seems to use these to complement good hunting skills. Honestly, it can't be that hard to believe he may have a vocation without jumping straight to Bast=Batman.

For example, I can hear sounds at -20dB, 100x quieter than average. (Recorded during an ADF medical test)
Last edited by Mr Aerospace on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Aerospace

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters