Bast

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Bast

Postby Twilight on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:15 am

I second the "every character needs a topic of his/her own" motion. So I hereby commence the Bast discussion. Why? 'cuz he's just plain bad-*** plain and simple XP

Despite the fact that his type of character is so predictable, David has made it clear that his story arc is not as typical as it appears. So I'm definitely waitin on him to come into the picture properly.
Especially his power. We know he can use fire. But to what extent? Can he go atomic and blow up an entire city if he decided to?
He definitely seems to have the potential to be one of the most powerful characters, and I must see this power for it's awesomeness!!
Twilight

Re: Bast

Postby Health on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:55 pm

I like Bast and I'm also waiting for some Bast action in volume 3.
Overall there is different fiction with characters, similar to Bast, but since Dreamkeepers are awesome, and the story doesn't circle around him, that also makes him awesome.
After all there wouldn't be school fight scene without him, and that's the first action sequence in the whole saga. And it's also awesome.
Yeah, like I just can't speak about Dreamkeepers without mentioning the word: awesome. )

Oh, and about his fire powers - I guess he can at least incinerate someone, or he just wouldn't be the Bast.
Health

Postby Twilight on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:51 pm

I don't think anyone can talk about dreamkeepers without the word: Awesome XD XD

And I totally wanna see him go wild at some point. I mean he was menacing enough to freak out a small child back at the school. When he's fully realized it'll be a blast *v*
Twilight

Postby RedFox on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:41 pm

I actually was surprised in volume one when Bast beat Mace up pretty good, and then "Hmmph"ed at his hand. it made me go "huh?" I wish I knew what he was thinking then.

And THEN he totally makes that low-blow on Mace by asking Lilith to the festival, which kinda backfired anyway, seeing as how Lilith never could showed up.

And I am also curious about his Fire abilities. Like Twi said, I'd actually LOVE to see Bast go ballistic on someone/something.
RedFox

Postby Twilight on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:48 pm

I don't think Bast had any way of knowing that Mace was crushing on Lilith. I think Bast's own attraction is genuine. I mean come on, Lilith is pretty XD and I mean he IS doing what he's doing, ya know trying to find her and all X)

It's gonna be fun watching those two compete for her attention. Especially since she'll probably be completely oblivious to the fact XD
Twilight

Postby Dez on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:09 pm

Twilight wrote:I don't think Bast had any way of knowing that Mace was crushing on Lilith. I think Bast's own attraction is genuine. I mean come on, Lilith is pretty XD and I mean he IS doing what he's doing, ya know trying to find her and all X)

It's gonna be fun watching those two compete for her attention. Especially since she'll probably be completely oblivious to the fact XD

Yeah, it's going to be a hectic love triangle that's going to end up in a fight or two
Dez

Postby Twilight on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:49 am

Oh yah. I can't wait to see the look on Mace and Bast's faces when they realize they're gonna be stuck together for a while XP
But by the end of everything they'll probably be buddies or something lol
Twilight

Postby KindaSarcastic on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:05 pm

Yeah, when both boys go and compete for Lilith, I can't wait for Namah's reactions to it all. She's not oblivious in the least bit. Her dry humor cracks me up.

But, to be honest, I'm not interested in Bast at the moment. I'm sure I'll get attached to him once his character comes into full view, but right now he seems a little bit boring. I think that's reasonable, though. You don't see a lot of him in the first two volumes, and he barely says a thing. I want to know what goes through his head. But like you guys, I'm excited for his fire powers. Fire powers are so...awesome. You guys are right. You can't help but use awesome for DreamKeepers.
KindaSarcastic

Postby Twilight on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:48 pm

You COULD use divine XP but that'd just make you look like a pretentious *******. Of which I'm guilty of ^^;
hehehe. But yeah. It's that great.

And well, the reason Bast appeals to me, and I think to most of us is because we know he's gonna be involved, and we know he's... well not... evil.. even though he has the testicular fortitude for it. And yet at the same time he's feeling something for Lilith (what with trying to rescue her and all)
So, his character is under a bit of a veil, but what we've seen of him so far, has established that he's definitely a whole character, regardless to our ignorance.

Which in my opinion makes me wanna invest a lil more time in getting to know him.... That and he doesn't look like he's had a happy life and I wanna be his buddy to make him feel better XD
Twilight

Postby KindaSarcastic on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Yeah, I did like the fact that he went after Lilith in no time at all. That made me hopeful that he was a good guy, 'cause he has too much potential of a character to be a bad guy. Although bad guys are sometimes awesome too, I wanted Bast to be one of the good guys. I liked his spontaneous attitude toward it too. He is a decisive character, which I like a lot because I'm so indecisive it takes me forever in a store to buy something. I'm interested to see where David will take his character.

But one thing I dread is the relationship wars that might break out. Some will want Lilith and Mace together then others want Bast and here hooking up. Hopefully nothing big will happen, 'cause I get so frustrated when I watch a TV show then want to get involved in a forum and all I see is people fighting each other over relationships in a series. They are so stupid. But I don't think that will happen here.
KindaSarcastic

---------

Next

Return to DK Characters