band in a super bowl

Just see a terrible, awful film? Warn us! Want to promote something quality in the mainstream? Here is the place to discuss music, movies, TV, comics, books - the good, the bad, the abominable. Review away!

band in a super bowl

Postby AnimeFan18 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 pm

which two bands would you guys like to see in the next superbowl ? also which song ?

Gorillaz and... it'll come to me so for now, gorillaz

songs: dirty harry, feel good inc., 19/2000, and stylo. animation. no live
AnimeFan18

Re: band in a super bowl

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:23 am

Gorillaz heck yeah >>, how could you forget about Clint Eastwood?

I wouldn't mind seeing the Itallobrothers, maybe even Patrick Jumpen.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby AnimeFan18 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Hakuzo NightFox wrote:Gorillaz heck yeah >>, how could you forget about Clint Eastwood.

if my mom heard 2D singing she wouldn't approve of what he' saying...... ah the heck with it rocks too :D
AnimeFan18

Postby RedFox on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:22 am

It would be incredible to see Albarn do his thing at the super bowl but two things:

1. Damon Albarn isn't 'mainstream' enough to headline the Half-Time concert.
2. Damon Albarn is retiring the Gorillaz project.

Personally, I don't think it would be unreasonable to see the Foo Fighters do a Half-Time show. I'd piss my pants if that got announced.

Other Contenders: Daft Punk, Carlos Santana, Smashing Pumpkins, Jay-Z, Radiohead, Linkin Park, Muse, Jack White.

Bands/Artists I wish would do it but probably never will: The Presets, Renard Queenston, TV On the Radio, Squarepusher, Local H, DJ Shadow, Royal Crown Revue, Weezer, Sufjan Stevens.
RedFox

Postby DanWithTheHat on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:25 pm

RedFox wrote:Personally, I don't think it would be unreasonable to see the Foo Fighters do a Half-Time show. I'd piss my pants if that got announced.

The Foo Fighters would put on an awesome half-time show. It would no doubt be the best Half-Time time show this decade so far. Given their popularity now, it wouldn't be surprising at all.

Another band that would be great for the half-time show would be The Red Hot Chili Peppers. They would rock the house down.
DanWithTheHat

---------

Return to Culture clash