Awesome Classical Music.

Have something thoughtful and relevant to say? No? Then come post crap in here!

Awesome Classical Music.

Postby boomboy on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:51 pm

I was browsing the internet today and stumbled across this beautiful tune. . I kid you not when I say that I was shedding tears like that of a pepper spray victim. I love my classical. However, I prefer this dramatic classical over anything else. Just listening to it makes me feel.... More alive than my normal hobbies could ever do. Now then, what's your favourite classical song(s)? And why?
boomboy

Re: Awesome Classical Music.

Postby Avolendi on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Sounds good. Very different sections with their own impression.

One I like a lot is Ode to Joy from Beethoven. Not really a reason beyong the music itself that I can recall:

Another one gives me goosebumbs and of which I can actually guess how that came to be is Bach, Toccata and Fugue in D minor because it's the intro from something I watched a long time ago (link is to the actual intro):

There are others I like, but these were the first I thought of and that stand out.
Avolendi

Postby boomboy on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:38 am

No, it can't be. Do you have any idea how long I've searched for that tune! I've searched for years! I'm going to download that right away!
Last edited by boomboy on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
boomboy

Postby Zagura on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:29 am

XD Dance of the Knights - Montagues and Capulets is a personal fav.

If you're looking into more dramatic classically stuff I'd give Two Steps From Hell a try:

d-(^_^)z This is a good one from them, plus it has a Guild Wars 2 pic for it. Best game ever.

from that link you posted it makes me think of those more rousing musics, similar to soviet era songs like the Volga Boatman but more... rousing? XD Dunno, you just gotta feel it I guess.
Zagura

Postby boomboy on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:24 am

Wow.... Just, Wow. I love it! Ha ha! Two steps from hell is now my favourite orchestra! It's epic! Ha ha ha ha! Thank you so much!
boomboy

Postby DanWithTheHat on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:26 pm

That Two Steps from Hell song is awesome! They are definitely being added to my playlist.

My favorite classical song is Jupiter: The Bringer of Jollity by Gustav Holst. The Chicago Symphony Orchestra does a great version of it:
It's an overall great song. I remember playing various percussion parts for this song in my high school band. It was a blast.

I also like any song composed by John Williams. I don't know how good some of the great American movies in the past 40 years would have been without him.
DanWithTheHat

Postby Rubaha Paren on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:30 pm

First I can recommend is "Song of the secret garden" by Rolf Lovland.

Second is "rapsody on a theme of paganini" by Rachmaninov

And "Canon in D" by Pachelbel
Classical version
Modern

Of course it's not all, but in my opinion is the best.
Rubaha Paren

---------

Return to Spamduruna