Assassin OOC (Dev. Stage/Recruit) ~!!(UPDATED 9/2/12)!!~

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Re: Assassin OOC (Dev. Stage/Recruit) ~!!(UPDATED 9/2/12)!!~

Postby Reed R Gale on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Fillers are just people who take on the various roles I assign them. The filler is a player, not a character.

I'll read through those two bios as soon as I have time. A commodity with which I have a vast abundance of void.
Reed R Gale

Postby khimera on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:14 pm

Mayhaps we could have a list of assassins and fillers? At least one that's up-to-date?
khimera

Postby Reed R Gale on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Thank you for reminding me. I'll read through the bios now, (it's my break for homework).

Khimera, I have a few questions about your character,

1. Does Silence disappear into the shadow when possessing it?
1a. If so, does the shadow show any signs of discoloration?
2. Does Silence have full control over the victim? You seem to imply he doesn't.
2a. CAN he have full control over the body?
2b. CAN he have even partial control over the mind, or must he rely on subliminal messaging?
3. Does the halo appear above the dreamkeeper he is possessing or must he manipulate angles to make it look like the halo is theirs?
Reed R Gale

Postby khimera on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:55 pm

I apologize for not making it clear in his bio. (technically silence is an it, but 'he' is easier and more natural to say)

1 and 1a: Silence vanishes period if it chooses to parasitisize itself via shadow-touch. It isn't so much a melting into the shadow as going 'poof gone' out of existence, kinda as if he'd teleported elsewhere.

2: as implied, Silence cannot control its victims but can only influence them via nightmares and dream suggestions. It delights in doing so.

2a: That's a tricky one. Technically Silence could, with enough fiddling and working through nightmares and dreams and mental suggestions, in theory totally control its host but this takes too much time to be of any sort of assassination use. Like I said, it's more of a theory than an actual real thing. Think of his nightmare/dream/mental suggestion thing as a kind of hypnosis at that point (it would take, feasibly speaking, nearly the entire span of a creature's life in order for him to gain full control, or they'd need to be mentally unstable and broken to begin with to make it easier) That help for this question? The simplest answer is just: no.

2b: Links in with 2a; it has to be 'subliminal' messaging and use of nightmares and dreams to slowly drive its host insane or to nudge it toward a desired path.

3: The halo appears above the dreamkeeper as if it were their own, but a healing dreamkeeper would likely be able to tell the halo isn't natural as it is tainted with the negative essence of a Nightmare. So if the host were to be near a healing-type dreamkeeper Silence would be less inclined to use its powers to protect its host as it could get revealed. (If the situation were life-threatening to the host, which would almost definitely force Silence out of the host body it would rather risk possible revealing through showing its 'dark halo' and un-merging part of its body to protect its host.)
khimera

Postby khimera on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:00 pm

I hate to double-post but is there going to be an update?
khimera

Postby Reed R Gale on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Maybe, it all depends on my schedule, which fluctuates in busy-ness.

Please, don't be too disappointed if this takes a while. It's possible I won't have time for it at all, but I doubt that.
Reed R Gale

---------

Previous

Return to Headless room.