Assassin OOC (Dev. Stage/Recruit) ~!!(UPDATED 9/2/12)!!~

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Re: Assassin OOC (Development Stage) ~!!(UPDATED 8/19/12)!!~

Postby Halo's shadow on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:07 pm

I think perhaps the filler player shield have a bit more control over the character. To be honest, I don't want to be the assassin at all. I like the idea of the 'battle of the minds' thing, where we all have to think and rethink our writing.

As for time, perhaps you could go in stages, as in like a observation stage. A coulple of hours per post, then the assassination stage, a few minuets per post.
Halo's shadow

Postby Reed R Gale on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:16 am

Okay I think we should set some key rules for the assassins and fitters. What can and can't they do?

Assassins CANs and CANTs:

CAN interact with inanimate objects
CAN'T interact with people directly
CAN use powers
CAN'T kill up close without letting the fitter post

Fitters CANs and CAN'Ts:

CAN control their character
CAN'T know what they shouldn't know
CAN fight back if they feel they know someone is coming
CAN'T use a level of intelligence beyond the character they hold ((I think I'll make this a stat))

What I CAN and CAN'T do:

CAN get the final say in a situation and can force a player to edit a post to suit my needs
CAN control third parties if I so choose
CAN'T take control of the other players without a good reason
CAN advance time
CAN assign missions

Anything I should add?
Reed R Gale

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Hm... list looks complete so far.

But... what happens if the player did not post for too long and how long is the grace period between post?
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Reed R Gale on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:54 pm

That's one of the things that needs to be determined, and I believe we should all be talking about. I want the people's input on this.

Let's work on just one question for now:

How should the time system work?
Reed R Gale

Postby khimera on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:37 pm

I think that the time system could work like this: if an assassin takes too long in his/her/its efforts or the posting assassin takes more than seven days to post (let's face it, a week is a gracious amount of time barring circumstances) they would get accummulating penalties.

an example of a first-time penalty could be that the fitter gains a glimpse of their assassin, or sees them in a situation that makes them suspicious. (In such cases for 'normal looking' assassins it would depend on their behavior at the time, among other factors if it wasn't a non-posting issue) Assuming fitters are not exempty from penalty it's possible they'd reveal a particular quirk that gives the assassin an advantage.

A second penalty would be getting outright caught stalking the assigned fitter or something clearly disturbing, suspicious, etc. A second penalty could disqualify an assassin I suppose, depending on what it is. For a fitter I might assume a second penalty would be getting left further open to an assassination. (this could be like them blundering into an empty alley while not paying attention for example)

A third penalty...I don't know at this point. Getting a third penalty is basically getting fired or hunted yourself I suppose. -shrugs-

All of this is just theory and speculation however.
khimera

Postby Reed R Gale on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:04 pm

A penalty system sounds interesting to me as well. And those are some good suggestions. I'll think about it some more, but I know I will cut down times for sure. Weeks to days. :P

It can be extended to weeks if the player informs us of their absence beforehand.

Also, we need some penalties for fitters who don't do their job.
Reed R Gale

Postby khimera on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Hmm...well like I mentioned before the fitters could end up getting sent down a wrong turn or something as a penalty. Reveal something extra like a particular place they're at every day that wasn't in their dossier. Other things to grant the assassins advantages.

I'm going to admit, I keep wondering how Silence could kill a fitter without getting close. It's at this point i've found myself grateful for how his parasitic power works.
khimera

Postby Reed R Gale on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:18 pm

So.

That question is answered, the format is updated... Now another important question to answer:

How can we make it so it isn't too easy for the assassins?

That's something important that we need to cover. How can we make it so the assassins are not godmoddy... but also so that fitters themselves aren't gods? What system can we employ to balance the two out?
Reed R Gale

Postby Halo's shadow on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Assign a basic level of difficulty

Assasin of (X) skill can easily take out targets who are (<or= Y) targets who are (>Y) will be more difficult to take on. The gm will police assign skill levels as well as assign fitter guard/intelligence levels.

Let's use a 1-10 basis.

1=Hobo on the street (fitter), Average guy (assassin)
10=Basically more secure than the viscount (fitter), angel of death (assassin)

How's that?
Halo's shadow

Postby khimera on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:44 pm

That looks really cool, though for a one I might consider it to be a "smarter hobo with a shiv" rather than an average guy as the assassin. -chuckles-

I think it's a good idea for the admin to decide the overall level of power/matching of fitters and assassins. Some assassins might be less flexible than others power-level wise but i'm sure there's ways to get around that. A nightmare like Silence, for example, is better suited for a more aware, more guarded fitter to make it a challenge rather than some regular joe.
khimera

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Headless room.