Assassin OOC (Dev. Stage/Recruit) ~!!(UPDATED 9/2/12)!!~

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Assassin OOC (Dev. Stage/Recruit) ~!!(UPDATED 9/2/12)!!~

Postby Reed R Gale on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Characters Will Die In This RP

You are an assassin working for a certain syndicate. Hell if you care what the place is called. They pay well and they don't care about the methods you use to achieve your ends, that's all that matters.

Hello, Reed here. I've finally come up with an RP that is about 90% hands-off on my part! :D

As a result I think I can run it. I'll deal with all the meta stuff, you guys just get to have your fun. :P

You are three assassins all working for the same large company and as a large company, sometimes they have... people that need to disappear. That's your job.

I'm going to be accepting 3 assassins and 3 "fitter" characters. The assassin jobs are simple enough to understand I'd say. Sneak in, kill the mark without getting caught, and make it look like an accident. Powers allowed, but not necessary.

The fitters are three people willing to fill the roles of the people being assassinated. ;) But they must try to do everything in their power to act like they are in normal situation, oblivious to their fate... unless I say otherwise. If your writer opponent slips up and you see an opening in what they write; a place that it becomes obvious that they are, well, obvious, then you can exploit that. These people must be adaptable to the characters I provide and be able to write from multiple perspectives.

If there are other people around and an environment, they also have some relative control over it... when it comes to details anyway. Most of the time I'll provide general descriptions of the area and what it's like and depending on the time I have provide maps.

Before I go on and start accepting people... What do you guys think? Could it work? Are there any questions your guys need answered? What did I not think about, or mention in this thread? It's important that I have my bases covered.

How a match would work:

An assassin would choose their mark, available based off of rank and status (read about the job board) and a fitter would take their role. First, I woudl tell the fitter what and who they would be, what their job is, why the company wants to kill them, whether they are aware of the situation or not, etc, etc, etc.

Then it's the assassin's turn to be informed; he or she would be given the deadline to kill the mark, I would then go on to describe for the assassin and fitter the area and what they're doing there, who is around them, and if available a map.

Allow me to explain deadlines. I know we all have a busy schedule, but I like to keep things fresh so as a result I will include a deadline system. If by a certain period of time no posts are posted, a certain amount of time will pass. If you let too much time pass, you WILL fail the mission. As long as you post, though, time will move at a normal pace. The way this would work is inconclusive AS OF YET so please help me develop this idea.

If you inform me of your being absent beforehand, however, there will be no time punishment.

Assassins can and will eventually fail, so don't use a character that you don't want dying. Death will be common in this RP. Failure on the assassin's part would include:

-Being caught by the mark or anyone around them.
-Frivolous use of time
-Leaving behind evidence of any kind
-Dying, for whatever reason

Failure doesn't mean an instant out. It depends on HOW you fail. Failure due to usage of time, for instance, would get you a red mark on your portfolio, but it wouldn't mean being kicked out of the assassin group. Being caught, depending on how blatant might. It all depends.

If you made a serious blunder you just might be hunted yourself...

The job board:

So as an assassin, you've got to make a living. As an RPer, you need to keep this thing going. That's how the job board will work.

First, it will not be on this thread, but in the IRC post. Marks will be divided by classes, and only assassins of a certain class can accept certain marks. If your assassin fails to kill the mark, or if they didn't complete the assassination to meet standards they may rank down, or stay the same. Everyone will start at rank 2. Note, it's all very subjective and up to me how well you did, keep this in mind.

Examples of what an assassin would receive:

Name of mark: Exam McPull
Job: Example Person

Details:

This person is teacher who works at a regular office building. The area around his workplace is very open so it should be rather easy to get him in sights with a gun. If possible, though, avoid usage of artillery as we want his death to look like an accident. He lives in an apartment and his home is never well guarded; however an attack there is risky as there are many people that live in the same area, as well as his wife who lives with him. You have three days. Don't get caught.

((insert URLs for maps of school and his home here.))

Time System:

Assassins that don't post after 3 days will receive a "slip-up" penalty, giving away their position if ever so slightly. If a fitter doesn't post for 3 days, assuming it's their turn to do so, will forfeit their right to their post, and the assassin will get to post again making an action.

Inactivity for a week will result in death. Sorry, that is the case here.

PLEASE NOTE
If you inform us that there will be inactivity ahead of time, the first penalty will be reduced to whatever it is you promised to be back by and the second penalty is a week after that promised date. You have been warned.

Completing a job:

Finished your job you say? After a mark is killed and the assassin successfully leaves the premises undetected, and possibly makes a victory post, I'll make a post myself: How well you did, facts that increased your rank in my eyes, facts that lowered your rank in my eyes, and if applicable, stuff you failed at, or failed to do.

Characters:
"The Reaper"
Silence

Fitters:
Reed R Gale (When needed)
Last edited by Reed R Gale on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Reed R Gale

Re: Assassin OOC (Development Stage)

Postby Riftun on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:09 am

1. Will there be cake?
2. How much cake we talkin' about?
3. If we made a fitter would we be able to give them a background, crews, or other obstacles like security for the assassin to overcome? Or perhaps somehow introduce cake to the situation?
Riftun

Postby Reed R Gale on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:02 am

Riftun wrote:1. Will there be cake?
2. How much cake we talkin' about?
3. If we made a fitter would we be able to give them a background, crews, or other obstacles like security for the assassin to overcome? Or perhaps somehow introduce cake to the situation?

1. Maybe. Depends how you play your cards.
2. Depends how you play those cards.
3. Each person and environment will be developed before the assassination if that's what you mean. Like character creation and all that similar to the posts in Character Critics. Anything detailed beyond that you want to add would be up to you (...if you were a fitter...) and would have to be approved by me.

And as for cake? Depends on how you play the hand you're dealt.
Reed R Gale

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:07 am

Sounds good! I got the perfect character for the job!

Lets hope this one kicks off and does not end up like the last one XD
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby khimera on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Hmm...sounds interesting...I have a question: would said company be able to employ nightmares for whatever reason?

Sorry, don't see Raraiza being a huge assassin, unless they gave him an EXTREMELY clear reason to kill the fitter. (he'd also probably end up being the one assassin to fail if chosen xP)

I ask the nightmare question due to the nightmare character I thought up who excels at things like assassination.
khimera

Postby Reed R Gale on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:33 pm

I doubt it, really, but I'm sure you could work around it. I've noticed you're into more Nightmare creation than dreamkeeper. ;)

I'm sure you could make a nightmare that would be indiscernable from a dreamkeeper, in all honesty :P

So playing as a nightmare, I would allow. For whatever your reason is.
Reed R Gale

Postby khimera on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Yay! Silence burning people it is. xP Heheh, well nightmares have fewer limitations to appearance, size, and power that dreamkeepers tend to in the canon. Besides, sinister characters with vile abilities are fun. If you check Silence's profile, and I can get the link to him, he does happen to having a parasitic ability so he could hide inside a dreamkeeper and manipulate them if it were necessary for that to happen in order to integrate him.
khimera

Postby Halo's shadow on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:52 pm

I think this has the possibility to be an interesting diversion. Spending on who is successful or not, this by all means is an intellectual pvp rp. Possible acting as a superior GM, you would be deciding who wins and who loses. So you would have to take VERY good care to be objective.

As for the storyline goes, I think a fun thing would as Ive mentioned above, for the assassins to be able to fail. So if one of the others is successful somewhere else, they can have a crack at it.

Anyhow, I ink this is a pretty cool idea.
Halo's shadow

Postby Reed R Gale on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Oh they WILL be able to fail. Easily. If I catch a slip-up I will inform the mark. If they get caught, even IF they kill the mark they will be fired... or even more interestingly... hunted. :P
Reed R Gale

Postby Thegunner18 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Well, I haven't really got too much planned for the forseeable future, so I could easily fit in another RP without any difficulty, really. Seems to be the perfect RP for Davin :3 I'd have to come up with a little story thing about how he went from being freelance to working for a company, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Anyway! I'm jumping ship too much. I'm interested in joing, yeah. ^^

And I love the idea of being hunted down :P
Thegunner18

---------

Next

Return to Headless room.