Anthrocon 2012. Dev's Daily recap.

Wanna chat about something that *gasp* isn't in one of the all-encompassing categories? Come on in!

Re: Anthrocon 2012. Dev's Daily recap.

Postby Avolendi on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:30 pm

@Twi: xD

Looking forward to the next report!
Avolendi

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Forum ate my post this morning. Look for it later tonight.
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Oseirus on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Twilight wrote:Ew!! Why do I get to be the hulk? D8 I should be hawkeye XD

Cause I can imagine you turning big and green and angry. Fore... not so much. Unless Mario Party is involved, apparently.

Besides, what's wrong with being nearly invincible and able to smash everything to bits? Not to mention you get to hang out with Scarlett Johannesen more than almost anyone else on the cast. I fail to see a downside.
Oseirus

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Day 2: Friday
Broken Fore and Joe's Crab Shack.

The Dealer's Room opened Friday. My time in the Dealer's Den was mostly a blur as time wore on, but I picked up a few Preorders I had purchased over FA, and most importantly, I nadded a preorder of V3. The Limited edition print run.

After the dealer's den closed up, we hung out in the westin. Vader, Fore, and Redfox went to go check out a furry-made movie called Bitter Lake.

The rest of us watched cute cartoon pandas with lollipops.

Later, Twi got a text that Bitter Lake was over and they were heading back up. He asked how it was.

The reply text was as follows.

"Fore's dead."

Um... what?

We found out what that meant we they got back.

I... I can't describe what I saw properly... Someone more eloquent than I must speak about it. All I can say for certain, was that this movie, broke Fore.

Fore has said he may make a separate thread about this movie. I certainly look forward to reading it, but for now I ask, for anyone else who was there, share what had happened.

Afterwards, we went to Joe's Crab Shack. Fore got better after that, which is good.

Not much else to report. I'll have a final itemized list on Sunday's report of what I brought.
(Fursuiter count: 78- no wait.. 7- no, 80... Oh god they're everywhere!!! D8)
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Notice: I'm in a cabin in the woods with limited wifi capabilites.

Last few daily reports will be posted togther once I have a better wifi situation.
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Kailash on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Ahh, gotta admit, I'm quite jealous. I really wanted to go there, but it's just not possible for me. I've still got school, and I live in the NL. Curses, why can't i just live in the US :/
Kailash

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:49 am

Oh hi. I have internet again.

I'll have the final days up later today.
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Day 3: Saturday

"Oh... My Money is Gone."

It was time to hit the dealer's den once again! Weee!

I'll have that and some of this and more of tha- Wait...

Oh ****.

My wallet! It's suddenly empty! What happened?

Well, that's alright. I can pull more money out of my account tomorrow. I'll go hang around Dave's table for now then.

And then there was the fursuit parade. That was neat. As it was winding down, I realized it was time for an RP demo Fore, Vader, Twi, and I wished to try, since we all did mouseguard together.

It was called Ironclaw. The best way to describe it is as a watered down version of DnD with furries instead of dwaves. elves, and other generic fantasy characters.

I played a Paladin mouse and accidently became the leader of our group that included Fore, Vader, Twi, and a few other con-goers we had just met.

I forget everyone else's characters, except Vader and a couple of the other guys.

Vader played a Farmer Cow, who could punch things to death.

One of the other guys played a medieval demo man. I recall everyone more or less tackling him to the ground whenever he stared at a city building a little too long for our liking.

Another guy play what was basically a priest, becoming our main healer ahead of me.

The final guy played a ranger I think. He saved our asses once when the GM pointed out that he was the only one with Night Vision, after we set in motion a plan to attack some bandits in the dead of night.

Anyways, we won the session when we were able to catch the wizard who had been murdering nobles and we collected the bounty.

I, sadly, do not recall Fore's race and class, but I just remembered that Twi played a Deer Professor, named Professor Deer.

He had no fighting skills whatsoever...

Long story short, I spent a lot of time in the Dealer's Den, then played Ironclaw. We had pizza and watched Airplane afterwards.

...Or was that Sunday? I forget...

Either way, Sunday's more fun cuz our hotel reservation ended that morning and we had to go crash in Twi's room, since we didn't leave until Monday.

On that note. Sunday's report will be up later. For now, I have heavy things to lift.
Devious_Psychopath

---------

Previous

Return to 'Other' - miscellaneous discussion