Anthrocon 2012. Dev's Daily recap.

Wanna chat about something that *gasp* isn't in one of the all-encompassing categories? Come on in!

Anthrocon 2012. Dev's Daily recap.

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:15 am

Day 0: Wednesday
(Getting there and City exploration)

Early morning: AKA, Are we there yet?

My day started at the wee hours of 5am. This was my first time going to any type of convention, let alone one where others I knew were also going. I was pretty eager to be on my way, and there would be no sleeping in today.

Once I was washed, dressed, and generally cleaned up and looking nice, I got a ride to the airport from my mother. I hurried to my gate and checked my phone for texts from my hotel mates. Both seemed to be in the air already. I needed to get going.

The first leg of my journey was fairly unevenful as I made my way to Alanta, GA, though I was served some very refreshing apple juice partway through the flight. That was exciting.

I landed safely in Alanta and checked my phone for more tex- HOLD THE PHONE?! One of my hotel roomies was also in Alanta! In the next Concouse over!

Cue me making a mad dash for the airport tram after being informed that his next flight was boarding in one minute.

I found him right as his plane was calling for Pre-board. We had a few minutes to chit-chat.

Now you may be wondering, "Now Dev, isn't his flight going to Pittsburgh too? Why aren't you on it with him? Are you an idiot?"

The answer is Ye- I mean No! I'm not. I was scheduled for a different flight. I guess so the bag guys had time to get my bag from the first plane and to the next plane. Which they couldn't do if I caught the flight he was on. He was leaving almost as soon as I landed. I supposed I could've ditched my bag to get there sooner, but I happened to be fond of it's contents. Like clothes.

Anyways, my next flight finally came and I boarded.

As we were taking off, I hear a few other passengers cooing over something a little girl is saying, cuz it's so adorable. I listen in to see what the fuss is about.

"We're going to see Jesus, Mommy!"

While the other passengers were discussing how cute she was, I was busy clutching my seat, wishing I had paid the safety demo more attention at the start of the flight, and praying to God that she not have latent psychic powers that let her peer into the future of this aircraft. (My mind briefly wandered to the RP I'm working on. :? )

I was once again served apple juice. It was wonderful

After a couple of patches of nerve-wracking turbulance, I landed safely in Pittsburgh.

Another phone check for texts and I discovered that my hotel roomies and I had all landed within 20 mintues of each other. How convenient.

I headed towards baggage claim and met them. I'll see if they want to be mentioned here, or better yet, get them to post their own stories here.

Late afternoon: AKA "You jerk!"

We got to our hotel and no sooner than we had shut the door, we were pulling game systems out and calling characters we wanted to play as.

If you ever wanted to play a game that stregthens the bond between friends, helps build trust among fellows, and generally makes you feel good and believe mankind can one day achieve world peace....

DO NOT PLAY MARIO PARTY.

Mario Party is not that game. Mario party encourages betrayal and trickery. It basks in the dying light that once represented the trust of your fellow man and gleefully dances and defaces the grave of your former friendships.

Thankfully, it was a short game and we hadn't yet reached the point of trying to kill each other. So all in all, it was a good game.

It helped I won the first match of brawl and had my revenge on them.

Afterwards, we walked about the city while it was still light out, staying close to our hotel and the convention center.

There was much cranning of necks as we gazed skyward to see how far up the skyscrapers went. we passed by a few others who were also in town for the convention. You could tell by the fur.

We had dinner, then made are way back to the hotel and called it a day after some more games.

Day end

(Fursuiter count for Wednesday: 3)
Devious_Psychopath

Re: Anthrocon 2012. Dev's Daily recap.

Postby Oseirus on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:20 pm

It's a shame I would never, ever fit in at a convention like Anthrocon. Would be a blast to go. I'm jealous. Looking forward to the rest of your shenaniganry.

Also I want to put in my preorder for Volume 3. QQ
Oseirus

Postby Zagura on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Oseirus wrote:Also I want to put in my preorder for Volume 3. QQ

^This
Zagura

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Day 1 recap later tonight or early tomorrow.
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Avolendi on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:04 am

Nice ^^

Also like how you wrote things.

Good luck on you second day!
Avolendi

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:16 am

Day 1 Thursday: Counting Furries and Bad Ankles.

I had lost the coin toss the night before and was regulated to the floor since there were only two beds.

Because of this, I awoke a little before the ***-crack of dawn. (5 am, on the dot) I fought for a minute to go back into the blissful embrace of sleep once more, but then I realized that my back was hurting. Remaining where I was, would only make it worse.

I spent those early morning hours, as my hotel buddies slumbered away peacefully, washing, getting dressed, writing about Wednesday, and even went for a stroll around the hotel before returning to the room.

They were still asleep.

So I bit the bullet and also went back to bed on the floor. >.<

When they finally had gotten up, there was mild confusion about what to do today. Once we had breakfast, LordoftheForest-

Wait.

That's right.

I hadn't told you who my hotel buddies are.

LordoftheForest, SuperVaderMan, and I are all sharing a room for Anthrocon.

They are awesome.
Back to the story already in progress.

-pointed out that Twi and Sorrel had gotten to Pittsburgh late last night and suggested we go hang with them.
(Yes, Twi and Sorrel are here too. Yes, I met them too. Please, stay with me here)

We headed out to the Westin and called them up. Twi answered.

After Fore had hung up, it was concluded that it has been a bad idea to call people who had only gotten in last night at 8 in the morning.

When he had finally gotten up at 12, we met them at the Westin's Coffee Shop. We did random **** for awhile, but eventually we headed into the convention center.

Pick up for those who pre-registered had started, so I nabbed my first badge. I felt so fancy.
I met up with Sorrel who had also pre-registered and went looking for the others.

They hadn't pre-registered. So we sat with them in line even though we had our badges.

Eventually, they decided to wait until later, when the lines wouldn't be so long and we all started walking to the park for a nice stroll.

I feel now is the time to mention I have a bad ankle. If I'm on it all day or generally just walk a lot, it starts hurting.

The Park is on the other side of the city. (It felt like that to me, at least)

About 1/3 of the way in, I develop a noticable limp.

At 1/2 of way into the walk, I'm groaning in pain every time I mis-step

When we get there, I fall to the ground, thankful that I can rest.

We go to the river edge for a bit and feed someone's granola bar to the geese. The geese that came from up and down the river all over to swarm the water in front of us, hoping for food.

That was neat.

Oh! We also got to watch David set up his Dealer's Room table from the second floor. He's right next to the entrance. Yay! I plan to elbow everyone else out of the way to Preorder V3 tomorrow first.

We did a lot more that day, but the convention doesn't get into full swing until Friday, so there isn't much more to report, other than we watchd an intentionally bad movie called BLACK DYNAMITE!

(It's awesome. You should all find a copy and watch it multiple times)

That's it for Thursday's report. I'll have today's up tomorrow. Should have all sorts of craziness to share.

(Fursuiters spotted outside of the convention center: 47 or 49, I lost count towards the end.)
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Oseirus on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:55 am

So basically it's like the Avengers. Except for a bunch of superheroes coming together to save the world, you have a bunch of forum celebrities coming together to survive a convention center full of nerds with terrible hygiene.

Nick Fury = David
Tony Stark = Devious
The Hulk = Twilight
Steve Rogers = 'VaderMan
Black Widow = Sorrel
Hawkeye = Fore
Thor = Liz

Only 7am and I'm already bored out of my gourd...
Oseirus

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:31 am

I'm Iron Man. This is acceptable.
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Zagura on Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:18 pm

XD Wow thats alot of forum peoples, sorry to hear about your ankle though.

You guys should check out the Church Brew Works on Liberty Ave if you get the chance, the foods good but a little expensive. >_>; Its a brewery built into a old church that microbrews, serves lunch, and dinner.

Pictures?! :D
Zagura

Postby Twilight on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:26 pm

Ew!! Why do I get to be the hulk? D8 I should be hawkeye XD
Twilight

---------

Next

Return to 'Other' - miscellaneous discussion