Andurunan time

For miscellaneous speculation about the Dreamworld and dreamkeepers, you've come to the right place!

Andurunan time

Postby isometric on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:45 pm

I've been reading about Andurunan history, and as I contemplated the dates of different events, I had a thought; do Dreamkeepers in Anduruna measure time the same way we do?

Now I'm not particularly concerned about how lengths of time in the Dreamworld correspond to lengths in time in our world; based on what I've read so far, my speculation is that there isn't a strict correspondence, and perhaps it may even vary between individuals (I'm thinking that the difference in lifetime between a human and their Dreamkeeper may be different than that of another human/dreamkeeper pair).

I'm more interested in what the Andurunan calendar looks like, and how Dreamkeepers divide up their days. Are there 365 Dreamworld days in a Andurunan year (alternately, is it a carbon copy of the Gregorian calendar)? Are there 24 hours in a Dreamworld day?

I don't know if there are any canonical answers to these questions yet (I haven't found any, but if there are, please tell me!), but I can only recall about two instances where days and years are mentioned in the comic, both in v1. On the other hand, hours, weeks and months have all been mentioned in the history pages.

-Iso

P.S. Apologies if this has been discussed at length elsewhere in these forums; I'm new here, so I'm still in the process of catching up on old threads.
Last edited by isometric on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
isometric

Re: Andurunan time and a game

Postby Twilight on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Time is measured pretty much the same way as ours. David hasn't decided if he wants to change the names of the months or some of the months or maybe a day of the week for the fun of it. But generally, time is all the same.
Twilight

Re: Andurunan time and a game

Postby isometric on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Thanks for the clarification!

Now that I think about it, it was probably a silly question to ask anyway; if terms like hours, days, and weeks, are used to describe time, they should mean what we expect them to mean. Don't take my thoughts too seriously; I like to overthink anything that fascinates me (such as time), and my habit of searching for different perspectives on things often keeps me from seeing the obvious. Occam's razor has gone dull for me.

-Iso
isometric

---------

Return to General