Aladdin

Just see a terrible, awful film? Warn us! Want to promote something quality in the mainstream? Here is the place to discuss music, movies, TV, comics, books - the good, the bad, the abominable. Review away!

Aladdin

Postby PrincessJasmine on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:51 pm

...Is a great movie. Has anyone here seen it?

I believe it was put out by this "Disney" company sometime in the 80's or 90's, something like that, the film can be a little hard to come by these days, but it's a classic. There is a monkey in it.

I have a feeling, too, that perhaps Dave and Liz enjoy Aladdin at times. Perhaps this is something that I, a different and distinct person, have in common with them! But probably not - I can only imagine, as I vanish comfortingly into the anonymity of the crowds.
PrincessJasmine

Re: Aladdin

Postby Zagura on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Oh hey, that movie was a classic! XD

I think you can rest assured that most if not all of us are exposed to the adventures of Aladdin.

But on that note, yes Whip does match the Abu archetype, except hes not a pet.
Zagura

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:06 am

This is one of my favorite Disney movies. Robin Williams as Genie was the best part and ofcourse the music is great too.
Last edited by Hakuzo NightFox on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Reed R Gale on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:51 pm

"You've never! Had a! Frieeeeeeeeeeeend, liiiiiiiikeee, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

I love the movie, Disney is my childhood, and Aladdin is second on my list of favorite Disney movies, and Lion King is first.

Singing along,

Reed R. Gale
Reed R Gale

Postby Shadowtag on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Ya, Alladin rules! "Gotta stay, one step, ahead of the lime light. two steps, ahead of the sword. I steal only what I can't afford....that's everything."
Shadowtag

Postby RedFox on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Hakuzo NightFox wrote:Robert Williams

ROBIN WILLIAMS.
RedFox

Postby Shadowtag on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:26 pm

AKA one of the most amazing actors and voice actors in all times.
Shadowtag

Postby FoxPhantom on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:11 pm

It's been along while since I seen that movie, that one was one of my most favorite.

I like Robin Williams as the Genie. (He made the character really funny, and made it as if it was living.
FoxPhantom

Postby Hazzardous on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:36 pm

I really liked the songs in Aladdin, although my favorite character was actually Carpet since he/she is like R2-D2 in that they are unsung heroes who save the day. Carpet saved Aladdin on two occasions, first one in the Tiger Cave scene and when Jafar golfs Aladdin to the snowy mountains. But I did like the jokes of Genie to be sure -_^

However, Aladdin is only at the bottom 5 of my Top 5 favorite of Disney cartoon films, 4th being Rescuers Down Under, 3rd being Emperor's New Groove, 2nd Hercules, and 1st being Lion King.
Hazzardous

Postby Reed R Gale on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Hazzardous wrote:I really liked the songs in Aladdin, although my favorite character was actually Carpet since he/she is like R2-D2 in that they are unsung heroes who save the day. Carpet saved Aladdin on two occasions, first one in the Tiger Cave scene and when Jafar golfs Aladdin to the snowy mountains. But I did like the jokes of Genie to be sure -_^

However, Aladdin is only at the bottom 5 of my Top 5 favorite of Disney cartoon films, 4th being Rescuers Down Under, 3rd being Emperor's New Groove, 2nd Hercules, and 1st being Lion King.

All your top five were the bomb.
Reed R Gale

---------

Next

Return to Culture clash