Adunruna city government

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Adunruna city government

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:42 am

I believe something else was effecting the crowd, and perhaps the Safety Troops as well. Though certainly though an intangible and supernatural means.

Igrath and Scinter had help in the crowd when the Indigos arrived. I'm just curious to see how the two are linked...
Chemical Cutthroat

Re: ANDURUNA city government

Postby Mr Aerospace on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:05 am

Mr Aerospace wrote:I think Scinter was really gambling on the Indigo ploy to work though. If the public hadn't reacted the way they did, it would have got the Indigo's killed instantly.
--
Aha, I get what you mean now...still, the first part of the plan which was to get the crowd involved really needed to come off before that part could work. Thanks for pointing that out though!

I apologise. I now retract these previous statements, as I no longer see the action and events from the same singularly distorted perspective anymore. Scinter didn't really gamble with anyone's lives, the plan worked brilliantly save for one element...which I'm sure Scinter's glad the City Guard don't employ sniper teams.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:08 am

I bet they do, they just didn't have time to get set up yet.

And from the looks of it, that didn't seem like the best place for sharpshooters. Besides, those troopers are really damn accurate.

Not to mention quick to pull the trigger.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Twilight on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 am

Nothing to apologize for XD I reaaaaaaally wanna say WHY the plan worked the way it did, but I actually really want to see if you guys can figure it out. The clues ARE there.

We have some really smart people in this discussions, so I'm sure you can pick at it. It's not actually something David told me about, it's something I devised on my own and then asked David if I was correct, which he confirmed as positive. So I'm interested in seeing if others will piece the clues together XD

I was actually cued in from a comment I read somewhere in the forum (I don't remember which or where, so don't bother ^^; ), which got my gears turning in the right direction. So someone's actually gotten pretty close.

@Chem: DUDE!! THE SHOCKTROOPERS ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!! Wait till you see them in V3! omg D8
Twilight

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:20 am

Man oh man... I have a pretty good idea already.

I said it before, anybody who gets ambushed, disarmed, and still manages to pull out and throw a knife ACCURATELY while getting pushed through a door is one badass mother.

Scinter is good, but if everyone one of the Shocktroopers is as good as that one that breached the door... I'd be scared out of my mind. They are serious business. David got that point across really well for me.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Avolendi on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:25 am

Also glad about that. In the RP's people often seem to forget they're the SWAT or better equivalent of the law enforcement. Twi: you're making me awfully curious xD

Going to run through all those clues in more detail later to see if I can find something concrete.
Avolendi

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:28 am

Yeah, I tend to eye-roll when people use the Shocktroopers as the primary antagonists in RP's.

Really people... they will own you.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Pascal on Sun May 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Chemical Cutthroat wrote:Yeah, I tend to eye-roll when people use the Shocktroopers as the primary antagonists in RP's.

Really people... they will own you.

I wonder if shock troopers are trained to use their powers... if not, then odds might be somewhat different... in fact, I'm kind of surprised those inside of the house didn't use their powers to help in the escape... I'm sure they know how to use them and they're opponent is shooting for the kill anyways.
Pascal

Postby Twilight on Sun May 06, 2012 3:12 pm

No, shocktroopers are not trained to use their powers at all. They're trained in every way they can think of to nullify power using targets. Which does result in almost-given casualties, but they're so brutal at the same time that they can take down even particularly vicious ones. When V3 comes out, and Dave has already showed this somewhat through his preview sketches, you'll see the efficiency of the shocktroopers at play against a highly dangerous power user.

As for Scinter and Co. in the house not using their powers; Scinter isn't an ******* XD It's actually a really nice bit of characterization that I don't think a lot of people have picked up on. But you gotta keep in mind that Scinter's the head of a very prominent criminal organization that antagonizes the hell out of government shenanigans and is labelled as a terrorist faction. So why not rampage through he shocktroopers? Well, without going into spoiler territory, unlike every other criminal organization ever, Scinter is only doing it because he has a goal to accomplish with it. He understands his position in society and why he has it. He understands the shocktroopers' positions and the fact that they're not just mindless drones to be dropped by the numbers. They have families and lives to go back to and they're all probably really ****-face terrified when they're charging in to nab them. Otherwise, even without powers, why didn't they just shoot them either?

Again, without giving away plot-vault details, Scinter isn't evil and he gets that shocktroopers aren't evil either. More importantly, he gets that there's *******s in both the government, and his own organization, neither side is perfect.
Twilight

Postby Avolendi on Sun May 06, 2012 8:05 pm

From what V2 and the sketches indicate, a power user might be able to do damage, but that doesn't help much when secondary lines of shock troopers fire the moment you should you head (or more specifically, halo)

Just realized an interesting question. Was wondering if shock troopers apprehend suspects (or at least try when possible) and whether or not using a power is a capitol offence (feel like that last question may have been answered in the past and thus perhaps the first as well ... Twi?)
Avolendi

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Comic story chat room