Adunruna city government

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Adunruna city government

Postby JoRdAnMaSt3R on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:40 am

hey guys, is it just me or does this look like the tower in ardunruna?
JoRdAnMaSt3R

Postby Drezlun on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Sorry man, but it's just you. Height-wise maybe, but it definitely does not look like the Sabbaton Tower.
Drezlun

Anduruna

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:35 am

Ok, time to weigh in on this discussion.

Firstly, to clarify the political system, we can see from the history books that it is a federal democratic republic. The districts are united under a single leadership group, the councillors and Viscounts are elected for fixed terms and the head of the parliament is also the head of the state.

The largest problem with the government is that since Viscount Liddo first gained power in 1191, Anduruna has been governed by the extreme left wing, which basically turned a thriving economy into a welfare state. And this I think is a situation that the current Calah administration has inherited, but is incapable of extricating itself from, simply because Calah cashed in on mass media publicity and populist pandering, not really winning because he's a capable politician.

But, the thing that really piques my interest is that we know that the nightmares have been influencing the government for some time. Nabonidus has had his puppets in the upper echelons and Tinsel isn't far from likely to be his first minion either. So, the real question becomes: how long has he been pushing nightmare friendly policies and how much else is he involved in?
Last edited by Mr Aerospace on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Aerospace

Re: ANDURUNA city government

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:36 am

As for the City Guard policing Anduruna, they are in a situation that is probably one of the worst imaginable for a police force. Imagine trying to police the streets when serious criminals are sent to 'rehabilitation and enlightenment' programs and literally walk through revolving prison doors, because of a stupid government policy. (Also, when you're thinking dangerous criminals, think Ravat, not Scinter, and you'll start to understand what they're up against.) I think just surviving as a policeman on those terms would be admirable, and must be at least partly the reason Shock Troops are as good as they are.

Igrath and Scinter were only able to put the smack down on the Shock Troopers because they were familiar with their tactics. (Igrath had previously been the Captain of the City Guard and Scinter no doubt experienced at least one or two previous raids in the last 24 years.) They used sparkers to stop the troopers from entering the building which provoked the standard retreat/call fireteam protocol and buy themselves some time.
I think Scinter was really gambling on the Indigo ploy to work though. If the public hadn't reacted the way they did, it would have got the Indigo's killed instantly. He estimated that the "Safety Trooper" propaganda had been effective enough to stop people thinking twice about jumping a police barrier during a violent encounter. It was either genius or plain wreckless guessing people felt that safe around the "Safety Troopers" to do that.

But I still reckon that the worse thing for these elite 'soldiers' is having to hear people say:
"Excuse me, Mr Safety Officer, sir?..."
Mr Aerospace

Postby Twilight on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:25 pm

There's... a reason that plan worked XD It wasn't actually that reckless lol. But good to see people thinking about it XD
Twilight

Re: ANDURUNA city government

Postby Hazzardous on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Mr Aerospace wrote:As for the City Guard policing Anduruna, they are in a situation that is probably one of the worst imaginable for a police force.

It's pretty much like Gotham City...only the crime is happening ALL day instead of just at night :roll:
Hazzardous

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:03 am

:shock: :!:
Anyone else find the rainbow connection yet?
Mr Aerospace

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Twilight wrote:There's... a reason that plan worked XD It wasn't actually that reckless lol. But good to see people thinking about it XD

Aha, I get what you mean now...still, the first part of the plan which was to get the crowd involved really needed to come off before that part could work. Thanks for pointing that out though!
Mr Aerospace

Postby Klona on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:10 pm

It's not that diffucult when someone's drunk to manipulate them to your ends. Not only are they more spontaneous, but they also have less inhibitions. Thus, I guess that means that two hot ladies just begging you to take their fermentae is irresistable. Just saying...
Klona

Postby Mr Aerospace on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:23 am

It's roughly about 2-3hrs after dawn when the Marallang's turn up to Igrath's...that implies the crowd is full of drunks at maybe ~10:00am(ish). One hell of a party!
Mr Aerospace

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Comic story chat room