Action figures!!! :D

Help Dreamkeepers grow! Share your promotional ideas, or collaborate with other readers.

Action figures!!! :D

Postby HydrayaLightStorm on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:26 am

Every great anime(used as a style ref.) has an action figure/doll/plushie. Why not us!? I own some smaller action figured of pokemon, and so they don't need to be really tall like barbies. 3 in. would be just right for shorter characters, and 5/6 in. for the taller characters. I'm sure lots of people would collect! It would also spike awareness of the books. I've not seen a book yet, so I would totally collect as many characters as possible. You could even add little ryuu-nekos with the characters! Ryuu-nekos could even have their own life-sized plushies!

These are just a few inventive ideas. Use them if you'd like :)
HydrayaLightStorm

Re: Action figures!!! :D

Postby Oseirus on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:12 am

There's already a resin (?) figurine of Mace and Whip available, and I believe there are plans for more, though I couldn't tell you exactly when that will be. The Lillies are cranking away pretty hard at Volume 3 right now, so a lot of their side products such as store merchandise and even the Prelude has taken a back seat. Which is understandable, considering that Volume 2 came out close to four years ago now. Like David said, Volume 3 is way overdue.

I've noticed that you've been trying pretty hard to come up with ideas for the series and to help community exposure- which is great, and it's totally awesome to see people (especially someone so new) enthusiastic about the series; However, a lot of your ideas are already in use. For example, the Deviant Art group and the figurines. Take some time to explore the , the , and the to see what the community already has to offer. If you come up with something that hasn't already been mentioned, then please, by all means let us know! We're always looking for new ways to spread the Dreamkeepers name.
Oseirus

Postby Suraru on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:25 am

-facepalm-

i cant believe i just did that, normally someone facepalming toward me XD

here, look at this

now look at this

finally, look at this

and if you have an idea thats not anywhere above, post it here
dk-volunteer-army-f24.html

and also see if someone else hasnt posted that already
Suraru

Postby Zagura on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:40 am

:| The only part that seems formidable about making a figurine for Dreamkeepers characters is a combination of their spindly bodies and the need for multi part molds. The original Mace/Whip figurine looks likes a two part mold.
Zagura

Postby HydrayaLightStorm on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:06 pm

@Suraru&Oseirus:Hmmmm....Brilliant! I had no idea. And yet I'm allways one step behind. :lol: :oops: I still think that the plushie ryuu-neko idea was cool. Since its not done yet. :mrgreen:

@Oseirus:My DA Idea isn't a fan group though. Thats only half the deal. I'm comming up with my own side. A secret society lying beyond the land of Anduruna, on th oposing side of the starfall mountains, Will take in any recruits that can pass the three natural tests. (climbing up the starfall waterfalls,passing through the glow caves,and doging lava-snow flows.)Once on the other side, they pass through a trumendus security gate, into a giant village(smaller than the lands of Anduruna). Homes are built for the recruits into the secret military. Your final task, before starting missions is to swear on an oath. (It allows you to do things you can't in Anduruna)
HydrayaLightStorm

Postby Oseirus on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:02 pm

That actually sounds like a good idea for an RP. Maybe once you've set your footholds here in the community, you can lead the game. :)

My suggestion is this: take some time to browse the RP forums here, and get a taste for what people have running right now. Create a character, get in a game or two, and study the of Anduruna. David has also created an extended map of the Dreamworld, showing several new areas beyond Anduruna.

However, don't feel like you have to be constrained to what you see on the map. The Dreamworld is a big place, and that map only represents a portion of it all. Just jump in anywhere, and feel free to create your own story. You're only limitation is your imagination- as long as you're following the rules of the Dreamworld. ;)

The same goes for supporting Dreamkeepers as well. There are lots of different fan-made resources and places to go, but there's always more that can be done. Get involved with any current DK Army Project, or if you can come up with something original, we'd love to hear it.

Please, take some time to lurk and poke around the forums and website. I'm sure you'll be surprised by what you find.
Oseirus

Postby HydrayaLightStorm on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:07 pm

Hmm, Now that you mention it...I'm totally going to change this up! I'm going to read the history tomarrow or somthime soon. I just read 92 pages of prelude. One question about the Prelude comic, Why are Lilith and her sis kids? I thought they we're like teens? :shock: :mrgreen: :geek:
HydrayaLightStorm

Postby Zagura on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:44 pm

HydrayaLightStorm wrote:Hmm, Now that you mention it...I'm totally going to change this up! I'm going to read the history tomarrow or somthime soon. I just read 92 pages of prelude. One question about the Prelude comic, Why are Lilith and her sis kids? I thought they we're like teens? :shock: :mrgreen: :geek:

The Prelude series is the story of the characters leading up to the events of the Graphic Novel Series, its planned that it will go all the way up to the day of the events of Volume 1. Thus, all of the characters are quite young at the point in time Prelude takes place in.
Zagura

Postby Oseirus on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:12 pm

There's roughly a six year gap between the current Prelude story arc and where the graphic novels start. David has said he plans to run Prelude right up to the point where the graphic novels start, so we'll basically get to watch all the cast members grow up.

I can't tell you their EXACT ages, cause I don't know, but Lilith and Mace are both roughly 10-11 years old in Prelude, and I believe Namah is a couple years younger than Lilith. In the books they're mid to late teens, about 16 to 17 years old.
Oseirus

Postby ilvos01 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:54 pm

HydrayaLightStorm wrote:Hmm, Now that you mention it...I'm totally going to change this up! I'm going to read the history tomarrow or somthime soon. I just read 92 pages of prelude. One question about the Prelude comic, Why are Lilith and her sis kids? I thought they we're like teens? :shock: :mrgreen: :geek:

Also, the History is the spans a few thousand years, Not really essential for the story now.
ilvos01

---------

Next

Return to DK Volunteer Army