A Hypothetical Question...

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

A Hypothetical Question...

Postby MrMaradok on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:02 am

I feel it should be said. In the description of the World of Dreamkeepers, it's stated that Humans and Dream keepers don't know of each other, I get that.
If thats the case, then (fictionally) how did Dave and the others find out?

This is completely hypothetical, have fun with it! I don't intend to ask this directly to the Creators as it might never be answered, but here I can get some feed back. Again, have fun with it, it's just for lols! :?:
MrMaradok

Re: A Hypothetical Question...

Postby Oseirus on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:43 am

You see, David is kinda like Chuck Norris. In fact, he taught Chuck everything he knows. Except for the roundhouse kicking. That came from Tally.
Oseirus

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:48 am

Drawing, cartooning, and being a security guard is actually just something Dave does on the side.

In reality, Dave and Liz are super-intelligent scientists that accidently created a inter-dimesional window into the Dreamworld, allowing them to view events as they happened.

Having the events he witnessed forever burned into their memory, Dave and Liz went into hiding to protect the truth and mastered their drawing techniques.

Once they were ready, they began creating an visual documentary of The Nightmare War.

Or as we know it,
The Dreamkeepers Graphic Novel Saga.

Also, Tally is actually a tiny dreamkeeper that got sucked into our world via that dimensional window. She used to be an author.
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Calico Yorki on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Well, this is bound to happen.

As TTGL has proven, if you're awesome and hotblooded enough, it's simple to bust through the heavens and dimensions.

I'm personally agreeing with Devious, because I'm still a little perplexed by this year's Christmas Special Prelude.

Perplexed in a pleasant way.

alliteration is fun
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Twilight on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Fictionally speaking, wouldn't it make sense that David and co. would NOT know about the dreamworld, at all?
Twilight

Postby Avolendi on Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:03 pm

I assume you mean that this would for them merely be as if they are imagining things, when in fact their subconscious is driving them to tell the tale of the Dreamkeeper world?

^^
Avolendi

Postby Twilight on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:58 pm

No, I mean, if fictional David was doing a Dreamkeepers comic would be entirely coincidental OR the story he'd be telling (ie. this one) is not what's actually happening or has happened or would happen in the Dreamworld.

Every single character Dave's ever tossed in there have been based on what'd be Dreamkeepers for fictional humans, so it'd make sense for fictional David's fictional characters to be fictional within the context of the fictional world.

I hate to be the devil's advocate but, and I know Dave hasn't really mentioned this online anywhere, but he likes to think that the fictional real world for which Dreamkeepers is a Dreamworld of is super realistic and mundane, so as to preserve the magic, whimsical nature of the Dreamworld in contrast to what would be considered the real world.
Twilight

Postby Avolendi on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Disregarding I'm laughning a lot by reading too much 'fictional' in a row, it does actually make sense xD
Avolendi

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:17 pm

Twilight wrote:Every single character Dave's ever tossed in there have been based on what'd be Dreamkeepers for fictional humans, so it'd make sense for fictional David's fictional characters to be fictional within the context of the fictional world.

...inception.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Twilight on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:40 pm

WE HAVE TO BE MORE FICTIONAL!!
Twilight

---------

Next

Return to Comic story chat room